HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Sign F Peter Mueller 1yr/$1.725

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2012, 01:08 PM
  #151
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I wonder if Jovo influenced him to come here.
Tallon said he talked to Jovo and Upshall before signing Mueller.
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/podcast...=348&iid=40105

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:15 PM
  #152
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,695
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Doesn't matter IMO. Mueller signed his deal under the current CBA so his status shouldn't change even if the new one has new rules.

Glad to hear that we now own Mueller's rights. This is a win-win situation for us.


BTW I called Mueller as the best Panthers fit in FA since the beginning. Call me Dale Tallon Junior ! Or BabyTallonov !
Well it does matter because he will have 6 yrs of service after this coming season. If they decide to reduce the service requirement in the new CBA, it could affect him and turn him into an unrestricted free agent next summer. If nothing changes, we would only maintain his rights for 1 yr more and he could go to arbitration next summer so there is some risk with his service level but not a lot.

It's still a good thing for us to have him on a 1yr "prove yourself" deal and then Tallon can get him signed longer after this yr if he does. And the fact that he's making under $2m gives us some leverage to sign him cheaper on a long term deal as well.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
  #153
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Tallon said he talked to Jovo and Upshall before signing Mueller.
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/podcast...=348&iid=40105
Jovo probably told him that he can loaf around as much as he wants in Florida.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
  #154
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,395
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
We have a great 2nd line center already, it's a 1st line center we need. I like how one of the posters on mains called the Panthers the island of misfit toys, and how that makes hard not to root for us.
Yeah, I got a kick out of that remark, too. Almost thought of doing an avy theme based on it. lol

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:24 PM
  #155
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Yeah, I got a kick out of that remark, too. Almost thought of doing an avy theme based on it. lol
Lol, good playoff avatar set.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:25 PM
  #156
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Jovo probably told him that he can loaf around as much as he wants in Florida.
Huh??

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:10 PM
  #157
p9ers
Registered User
 
p9ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Yeah, I got a kick out of that remark, too. Almost thought of doing an avy theme based on it. lol
Avy?? What do you mean?

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:22 PM
  #158
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Avy?? What do you mean?
Avatar theme.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:22 PM
  #159
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Avy?? What do you mean?
Avatar.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:36 PM
  #160
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Huh??
What? Jovo wasn't a Loafer last year?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
  #161
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
What? Jovo wasn't a Loafer last year?
Pretty sure Tallon spoke with Jovo, not Mueller.. And no, just because Jovo isn't a good skater doesn't make him a loafer, he is a warrior.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
  #162
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,568
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
We have a great 2nd line center already, it's a 1st line center we need. I like how one of the posters on mains called the Panthers the island of misfit toys, and how that makes hard not to root for us.
One of the Devils posters called our team: "A bunch of 4th liners and powerplay specialists."

Which I found to be quite hilarious.


I definitely want that island of misfit toys avatar.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
  #163
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
What? Jovo wasn't a Loafer last year?
I don't think he loafed, just don't think he was overly good til the playoffs. No one stood out to me as loafing, Dineen won't put up with that.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:52 PM
  #164
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,847
vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
One of the Devils posters called our team: "A bunch of 4th liners and powerplay specialists."

Which I found to be quite hilarious.


I definitely want that island of misfit toys avatar.
http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0702_dscharlie.jpg

Just put our players on the island. Love your avatar

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:55 PM
  #165
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't think he loafed, just don't think he was overly good til the playoffs. No one stood out to me as loafing, Dineen won't put up with that.
Olesz was loafing! Oh, that's right he's not on our team anymore. Wait, he's not on either team anymore! Hahaha Olesz for Soupy!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:59 PM
  #166
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Olesz was loafing! Oh, that's right he's not on our team anymore. Wait, he's not on either team anymore! Hahaha Olesz for Soupy!
I think the problem with Olesz was his lack of brain, not lack of effort. lol

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:59 PM
  #167
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,330
vCash: 500
I'm really happy with this Mueller signing and hope he can stay healthy. I've heard great things about his character. Like he's one of those players you root for even if he plays for another team.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:00 AM
  #168
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't think he loafed, just don't think he was overly good til the playoffs. No one stood out to me as loafing, Dineen won't put up with that.
It was just a joke Laus

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:54 PM
  #169
Dineen Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Just watched a replay on NHLN of an Avs vs Sabres game....Meuller pretty good all game. Ended up giving the puck away allowing Buffalo to tie the game late, but scored in the shootout to win it. Pretty cool I guess. Kinda excited to see what this guys gonna do.

Dineen Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:07 AM
  #170
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dineen Youngblood View Post
Just watched a replay on NHLN of an Avs vs Sabres game....Meuller pretty good all game. Ended up giving the puck away allowing Buffalo to tie the game late, but scored in the shootout to win it. Pretty cool I guess. Kinda excited to see what this guys gonna do.
Yeah, I saw that game this morning. What a sick shootout goal that was, this guy's definitely gonna be better than Wolski in the SO for us. He's not a defensive specialist for sure, but as long as he does what he's supposed to do for us, he'll be a great signing for that money.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:49 AM
  #171
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, I saw that game this morning. What a sick shootout goal that was, this guy's definitely gonna be better than Wolski in the SO for us. He's not a defensive specialist for sure, but as long as he does what he's supposed to do for us, he'll be a great signing for that money.
Didn't see the game, but when you declared him "definitely better" than Wolski in SO, I had to take a look at the stats. In SO:

Muller 11/27 = 40,7%
Wolski 25/58 = 43,1%

So far Muller hasn't been "definitely better" than Wolski. Could be, possibly will be, hopefully is.... but not definitely.

Muller is good in SO though, from that perspective he is a very welcome addition.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:53 AM
  #172
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Didn't see the game, but when you declared him "definitely better" than Wolski in SO, I had to take a look at the stats. In SO:

Muller 11/27 = 40,7%
Wolski 25/58 = 43,1%

So far Muller hasn't been "definitely better" than Wolski. Could be, possibly will be, hopefully is.... but not definitely.

Muller is good in SO though, from that perspective he is a very welcome addition.
Doesn't seem like we'll be steamrolling teams so I'm sure we'll once again see our share of overtime/shootouts. Hopefully Huby & Mules can really improve our chances of winning shootouts, a definite weakness of ours.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:37 AM
  #173
MickOlax
Registered User
 
MickOlax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I think the problem with Olesz was his lack of brain, not lack of effort. lol
I actually always found a lot of sympathy fro Olesz. Not sure why, but I was always really hoping he would pan out somehow somewhere because I liked his personality. He was a great prospect who was maybe ruined by Phaneuf at the WJC (or maybe not though. We never know what really went through his mind).

IMO Olesz never really loafed. He just couldn't score and his skating style seemed a little flegmatic, but then again not everyone has to have the high caliber explosiveness. He was just always injured and just couldn't score here. Maybe it was lack of hockey IQ or maybe it was a huge freaking gorilla on his back. I have no bad feelings towards Olesz for his time here and of course he got us Soupy here. Still keep hoping he finds his game somewhere.

Off-topic, but then again we don't excactly have any Rusty threads anymore so...

-L-

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:00 AM
  #174
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Didn't see the game, but when you declared him "definitely better" than Wolski in SO, I had to take a look at the stats. In SO:

Muller 11/27 = 40,7%
Wolski 25/58 = 43,1%

So far Muller hasn't been "definitely better" than Wolski. Could be, possibly will be, hopefully is.... but not definitely.

Muller is good in SO though, from that perspective he is a very welcome addition.
I know the stats, but I'd still take Mueller anyday over Wolski in the SO after doing some research. For one, Mueller has a better shot. I also think he's smarter, that is to say he doesn't waste chances as much, he usually makes a few soft touches and then blows it by the goalie with an incredible wrist shot. He may not be as good of a stickhandler as Wolski, but I like what Mueller does better, as opposed to Wolski who uses a complicated array of dekes and he only even does that once every ten tries. Maybe Wolski was once great in shootouts, but he didn't really impress me while he was here.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:14 AM
  #175
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I know the stats, but I'd still take Mueller anyday over Wolski in the SO after doing some research. For one, Mueller has a better shot. I also think he's smarter, that is to say he doesn't waste chances as much, he usually makes a few soft touches and then blows it by the goalie with an incredible wrist shot. He may not be as good of a stickhandler as Wolski, but I like what Mueller does better, as opposed to Wolski who uses a complicated array of dekes and he only even does that once every ten tries. Maybe Wolski was once great in shootouts, but he didn't really impress me while he was here.
The reason why I responded to your post was that I wanted to defend Wolski. I think he wasn't appreciated here at all (after the first couple weeks), and I think he meant more to the team during the spring than many others. But I'll let go now. Let him rot with the Caps.

It didn't show in my post that I was actually happy to discover that Muller is as good as he has been in SO. He was 2/3 last year... We definitely need that from him, and I'm much happier with the signing after learning this.


Last edited by Tuco: 07-22-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.