HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slump behind him, Adam starts fresh

Old
07-12-2012, 02:20 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
I have high hopes for Adam making the team. I want to see him "WOW" us during camp like Tropp did last season. Needs snarl (I hate this experssion but it's fitting) in his game, and he needs to engage with more hitting. If he doesn't bring a tougher mental attitude into camp he will wither away in the AHL all season. If he plays pissed, I say he starts the season as the 4th line LW and opens the door for bigger and better things at the NHL level.

I was impressed with his game during the first 10-12 games and there was also a decent stretch when he played on a line with Kassian and...was it Ellis? I think that was the line, it was good for half a dozen games or so. But man, he's gotta bang some bodies and really want the puck more. That was sorely missing from his game even when he was playing well.
He might have played with Kass and Ellis, but I remember his 2nd best stretch being with Kassian and Leino. The 3 of them put together a few pretty goals.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Revelate

Kid has a nasty shot but the bottom line is he's never going to last unless he learns to use his size.

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:32 AM
heartsabres*

There is a good chance Adam never puts on a Sabres uniform again

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:52 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

I liked the article, I hope his able to get his game back and make it in the NHL this year.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
SublimeNightmare

Send a message via Yahoo to SublimeNightmare
Maybe demotion and 'teh suck' in the AHL is just what he needed to fully commit to the game and Sabres org. Realizing he is going to have to work for everything to truly make it. If Adam plays the season with the big club and plays well dare I say that many of the Sabres problems would be solved and he would be very interesting trade bait.

Or he fails to make the team and the Sabres ship sails without him on board. Definitely one of the more interesting side stories going on right now.

SublimeNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
I'm with you there....I'm hoping Darcy can swing a deal with him involved soon.
Why?

I get wanting to throw him in package to get something. I also get that he isn't high on people's depth charts. But why the desire to just get rid of him? Are posters allergic to organizational depth?

Even if he doesn't make the team and starts in Rochester but is back on track developmentally. Having Adam as an offensive depth player, whether at wing or center, is good for the organization.

Last edited by joshjull: 07-12-2012 at 12:35 PM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:22 PM
HogtownSabresfan

I didn't like his conditioning. Kid seemed spent by mid-season

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:57 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Why?

I get wanting to throw him in package to get something. I also get that he isn't high on people's depth charts. But why the desire to just get rid of him? Are posters allergic to organizational depth?

Even if he doesn't make the team and starts in Rochester but is back on track developmentally. Having Adam as an offensive depth player, whether at wing or center, is good for the organization.
And that is the least I would like to see out of him. I understand people soured after he did not develop as they hoped after his hot start.

He may be a prime example of someone who wasn't ready, looked really good and was pressd into duty over his head. (ahem....Grigs and Girgs) There is no reason to think that he cannot right the ship and be very productive in the NHL. He needs to work on aspects of his game, like all young kids. Many are too willing to forego the needed time to see how he develops. Now, if he is part of a package to make us better, so be it.

flyingpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I didn't like his conditioning. Kid seemed spent by mid-season
A rookie in a bigger grind than he has ever faced, struggling through a slump, demotion off the first line, to sitting etc... Emotionally exhausted. Navy seals to the rescue!!!!

flyingpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I like that on day 1 of Dev Camp, he and Hodgson set up a nice little give and go for a tap in for Cody and immediately Adam lifted. He was smiling, happier (so too was the often dour Hodgson) and then proceeded to bulge the twine in any of a variety of ways.

For this team to move forward, they need some people to break through and break out. Adam getting his confidence back is good, be it up with the big club or down on the farm. They need guys with finish and he's got the ability. And if he can bounce back, it's good for the team be it on the ice or in trade value.

07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I like that on day 1 of Dev Camp, he and Hodgson set up a nice little give and go for a tap in for Cody and immediately Adam lifted. He was smiling, happier (so too was the often dour Hodgson) and then proceeded to bulge the twine in any of a variety of ways.

For this team to move forward, they need some people to break through and break out. Adam getting his confidence back is good, be it up with the big club or down on the farm. They need guys with finish and he's got the ability. And if he can bounce back, it's good for the team be it on the ice or in trade value.
I also think Mancari was acquired, in part, in case Luke starts the season in Rochester. They worked very well together in Portland, and MM's presence should help him to get off to a fast start in Rochester. That should help him build confidence and heading toward a recall.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I also think Mancari was acquired, in part, in case Luke starts the season in Rochester. They worked very well together in Portland, and MM's presence should help him to get off to a fast start in Rochester. That should help him build confidence and heading toward a recall.
Having established AHL level scoring takes pressure off the kids, at least in my hockey world view. Adam's got Andreychuk abilities from the slick hands in tight, the redirections, and of course the heavy feet and relatively un-physical size. Anyone who can score regularly is going to have a place, especially with how the league is again bulking up and there is so little space around prime scoring areas. He's got that. Now, can he bring it and round off the edges in areas that he needs work? I'm strangely optimistic after seeing him so far in Dev Camp.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM
OkimLom

Quote:

Agree 100%. Seemed like when he was confident in his play he was making plays all over the place(1st part of the year, and when him Leino+Kassian were together in the game vs Philly come to mind immediately).

Hopefully, with the Seals training, he might have a different mindset if something happens where he gets demoted, he might taker it better than apparently he did. I think if the kids are stronger mentally and can handle these situations, I think then they can break their slumps quicker, which leads me to my next thought...

I just wish the vets would've decided to join them, kind of send the message that if the vets see a chance to improve their game, then the rookies should too. It might help with the bonding of the old core and new core. Leads to a less of a risk of a room split down the road.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Agree 100%. Seemed like when he was confident in his play he was making plays all over the place(1st part of the year, and when him Leino+Kassian were together in the game vs Philly come to mind immediately).

Hopefully, with the Seals training, he might have a different mindset if something happens where he gets demoted, he might taker it better than apparently he did. I think if the kids are stronger mentally and can handle these situations, I think then they can break their slumps quicker, which leads me to my next thought...

I just wish the vets would've decided to join them, kind of send the message that if the vets see a chance to improve their game, then the rookies should too. It might help with the bonding of the old core and new core. Leads to a less of a risk of a room split down the road.
Kaleta was out there with them from what Rolston said in his one interview. Pat seems to enjoy pain, so a couple 1000 squats, pushups and situps is probably making him happy.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Kaleta was out there with them from what Rolston said in his one interview. Pat seems to enjoy pain, so a couple 1000 squats, pushups and situps is probably making him happy.
Didn't know that. Good to see a RFA joining but I wouldve liked to have seen maybe Ennis, Myers, Stafford, Vanek etc maybe be there. It would send a nice little message to the kids.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Didn't know that. Good to see a RFA joining but I wouldve liked to have seen maybe Ennis, Myers, Stafford, Vanek etc maybe be there. It would send a nice little message to the kids.
Who's to say they don't start camp with these guys around?

Old
07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Jeremy2020

I am continually amazed by what seems to be a deep seated desire to get rid of some players at all costs. Seriously? A bad half season and we have to get rid of him?

Those of you who want to get rid of him, what, exactly, do you think your're going to get for these players 'that have to go'?

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote