HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marleau and dman to Habs

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
A third line forward. Habs don't have one that would make sense because yours are recently signed or young and valuable.
What about Aaron Palushaj. 2nd/3rd line potential.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
No way Montreal does it. They've no interest in getting ten years older per player, and don't have the cap space to add both players.

Pacioretty and Subban aren't a trade of now for the future for the Sharks. Max had more goals and points than Patrick. He's one of the best power forwards going, and only getting better. He's doing it for a third the cost. Subban has a bit more work to do, but he's a cornerstone player. He's not going anywhere.

In a non cap world, where Montreal is on the verge, you might do this. Neither is the case though. Major pass from Habs POV.

Murray might be of interest for the right price.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Trojan35

Marleau is not going anywhere. And if Wilson does a sign&trade on Vlasic, he will be committed to a mental institution. There is no team that should value Vlasic @ $4.2M/yr more than the Sharks.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
pappaf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Obviously they won't be traded but you mean that you would have no interest in Pacioretty or Subban if they were to hypothetically be had in a trade.
Well I figured they wouldn't be traded. I don't think the sharks need Subban with the dmen they have, plus the guy seems like a premadonna. I'm sure Pacioretty would be nice to have but there wouldn't be anything the habs have to add that would make it worth trading Marleau for IMO.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I doubt that Montreal would even consider having Patches or Subban on the table. Trading either one makes this a lateral trade and therefore pointless.
gosh i hope you're right

Old
07-12-2012, 03:47 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
For Marleau and Vlasic I would trade Galenchyuck, Subban plus
euhhhhhh no

Old
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Heh...I don't think MTL fans even want to know what SJ would want back for Marleau + Vlasic...it would have to be some very nice players (Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Subban, etc.) because we are not giving two top players away for scurbs. So, /thread?
To make that statement true, you should have added the word "fans" between "SJ" and "would"...

Old
07-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The only thing to make sense so far is the talk of Murray and it's not even from that terrible site.

Sharks are potentially looking to deal a dman, and even though the habs could have as many as 8 under contract, 6 of them are puck movers first. Emelin and Gorges are the only real ones who aren't.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Falco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
What about Aaron Palushaj. 2nd/3rd line potential.
I don't know that much about him, but he would have to be able to play on the third line this year for it to make sense. It looks like he struggled to get ice time in Montreal last year, which indicates to me that he might not be ready for that.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:56 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
To make that statement true, you should have added the word "fans" between "SJ" and "would"...
If I am reading that right you are implying that Hab's fans are more knowledgeable about their team (and hence their expectations are more accurate) than Sharks fans are about their team?

I hope I am reading that wrong.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:56 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

It would need to be something like Marleau, Murray, and something else, for Subban and Pacioretty. Marleau is practically the face of SJ. And we'd need to sign Semin afterward...

Old
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
I don't know that much about him, but he would have to be able to play on the third line this year for it to make sense. It looks like he struggled to get ice time in Montreal last year, which indicates to me that he might not be ready for that.
He's close. Could be NHL ready next year at the start or a little bit after. PPG in the AHL. He's not a sexy prospect in MTL. With the emphasis on size and grit taking priority these days, he's not as highly valued for most fans, but still very close and I think a reasonable deal but wouldn't do surprised if sharks fans had no interest, that's fine too.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
If I am reading that right you are implying that Hab's fans are more knowledgeable about their team (and hence their expectations are more accurate) than Sharks fans are about their team?

He's saying that our fans would want a package they don't even want to see, while the actual management might be more open to a smaller package.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Kershaw

Marleau for Galchenyuk.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:00 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Pacioretty, Subban, Gorges, Galchenyuk, and Beaulieu are not going anywhere

Old
07-12-2012, 04:01 PM
sheed36

I know you have to give to get but it would be idiotic for Marc Bergevin to trade young guys mentioned in this thread like Subban, Pacioretty and god forbid Galchenyuk for a 32 year old player when his team is rebuilding..

I'm sure Marleau is quite happy where he's at now and as a Habs fan I'm happy with him staying there if any of the young guys above are going the other way..

Old
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

I think he's implying SJS management and their fans aren't necessarily thinking the same. Assuming I read right it's the same in MTL or any other team.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
It would need to be something like Marleau, Murray, and something else, for Subban and Pacioretty. Marleau is practically the face of SJ. And we'd need to sign Semin afterward...
I wouldn't do it. Pacioretty and Subban are wayy too young to be in the mix for Marleau.

Not sure if you know this but Pacioretty had more goals and points than Marleau last year in less GP. He also is 9 years younger. That would never ever work.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

I wouldn't do it. Pacioretty and Subban are wayy too young to be in the mix for Marleau.

Not sure if you know this but Pacioretty had more goals and points than Marleau last year in less GP. He also is 9 years younger. That would never ever work.
The Habs wouldn't trade Pacioretty straight up for Marleau in a million years.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Marleau for Galchenyuk.
Marleau is 32. Hell, NYR fans don't want to put Stephan in a package for Ryan or Nash and we have to put Galchenyuk in for a guy who's older?

Old
07-12-2012, 04:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
The Habs wouldn't trade Pacioretty straight up for Marleau in a million years.
100% agreed, but that being said, Marleau is a fantastic player. I really want to emphasize that. I would love him in montreal but I don't see a trade both sides would like.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:04 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreality View Post
No way Pacioretty is leaving ...garanteed...just no way....i really dont think Subban would be moved either...and he wont sign if he knows hes getting moved...

If anything, id like this move:

gionta
bourque
webber

for

Marleau
murray

but i cant predict whats gonna unfold from this rumor....i can really see vlasic with the habs but again i dont see it happening
No way Marleau is leaving...guaranteed...just no way...I really don't think Vlasic would be moved either...and he wouldn't have signed with a full NMC/NTC if he knew he was getting moved.

If anything, I'd like this move

Murray
Ferriero
Clowe

For

Pacioretty
Subban

But I can't predict what's gonna unfold from this rumor...I can really see Pacioretty and Subban with the Sharks, even though there seem to be obvious factors that would lead to them not being moved, so again, I don't actually see it happening, just like I don't see any proposal in this thread happening.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
I think he's implying SJS management and their fans aren't necessarily thinking the same. Assuming I read right it's the same in MTL or any other team.....

Yeah, sorry, I didn't clear that up right; we aren't trading Marleau unless we get a very nice package like that one, which the Habs won't give up.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
No way Marleau is leaving...guaranteed...just no way...I really don't think Vlasic would be moved either...and he wouldn't have signed with a full NMC/NTC if he knew he was getting moved.

If anything, I'd like this move

Murray
Ferriero
Clowe

For

Pacioretty
Subban

But I can't predict what's gonna unfold from this rumor...I can really see Pacioretty and Subban with the Sharks, even though there seem to be obvious factors that would lead to them not being moved, so again, I don't actually see it happening, just like I don't see any proposal in this thread happening.
I'm sure you would. I think we should just agree to disagree here because I would never do that if I were habs GM...like ever. Even if you added a 1st and 2nd in 2013.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:07 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
I'm sure you would. I think we should just agree to disagree here because I would never do that if I were habs GM...like ever. Even if you added a 1st and 2nd in 2013.
The only player either Subban or Pacioretty would EVER be dealt for, and it would be straight up, not a package deal...is Logan Couture.

Nothing else on the SHarks even comes close to having the value needed for the Habs to deal either of those guys.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:08 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

...please look at my post and then the post I quoted to further understand the point I was making.

Closed Thread