HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
  #476
vstk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: White Plains, NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
So we didn't take the tickets our rep was offering us. If they would've been next to each other it would've been a whole different ball game but row 5,6 seats 16,17 were a little too much apart. We're doing a partial plan instead. They should start giving those in couple of weeks.

At least next year we'll be a little higher in the picking order.

They also said that there are only individual seat left in $73-$79 price range. $50-$53 is completely sold out. $155 price range would've had seats next to each other, but I just simply can't put $12k down to tickets.

vstk is online now  
Old
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
  #477
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
I feel bad for you guys if the Rangers told you that by putting a deposit down you would be guaranteed upper level seats. I just finished my 5th year as a STH and I put a deposit down of $500 butwhen they called me they gave me a choice of either 2 seats in the old 347 or 4 together in 233 but I was told that if I turned them down I would lose my $500. (I waited 2 full seasons to get called) I took the 4 seats. I don,t like the fact that they seem to be promising you uppers only when it seems like they don,t have much.

Giacomin is online now  
Old
07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
  #478
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
So we didn't take the tickets our rep was offering us. If they would've been next to each other it would've been a whole different ball game but row 5,6 seats 16,17 were a little too much apart. We're doing a partial plan instead. They should start giving those in couple of weeks.

At least next year we'll be a little higher in the picking order.

They also said that there are only individual seat left in $73-$79 price range. $50-$53 is completely sold out. $155 price range would've had seats next to each other, but I just simply can't put $12k down to tickets.
Did you try one of the first rows in the uppers ($125/game) or one of the last rows in the lowers ($114/game)? I think those are still available.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
  #479
vstk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: White Plains, NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Did you try one of the first rows in the uppers ($125/game) or one of the last rows in the lowers ($114/game)? I think those are still available.
The rep told me that the only seats that are next to each other are in the $155 price range.

vstk is online now  
Old
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
  #480
NYRfan11
Registered User
 
NYRfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
Right, $73. Yup, seems like those seats are right up against a wall. So you can't see half the arena and then there's the ceiling to worry about. Not happy about those seats at all.

Without that camera wall or handicap seating, which ever it is, those wouldn't be as bad. Plus we can't sit next to each other either.
I put down a deposit in May, haven't heard back yet.

I know this has been discussed a million times in these threads, but could you guys give me an idea of where the obstructed view seats are, so that I know what I'm dealing with when my rep calls? I just don't feel like going through the whole thread(s) all over. Thanks.

NYRfan11 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
  #481
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan11 View Post
I put down a deposit in May, haven't heard back yet.

I know this has been discussed a million times in these threads, but could you guys give me an idea of where the obstructed view seats are, so that I know what I'm dealing with when my rep calls? I just don't feel like going through the whole thread(s) all over. Thanks.
In the seats that are still available, there shouldn't be any obstructions at all.

Only obstructions are in the $29/$47/$50 range but those seats are all gone. Next year some more $50/$53 seats will also be obstructed.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
  #482
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
The rep told me that the only seats that are next to each other are in the $155 price range.
Hmm....I don't know about that. I know for a fact that there was a pair available in the first row of the 200s and another pair in the $114 price range this afternoon.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 10:23 AM
  #483
vstk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: White Plains, NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Hmm....I don't know about that. I know for a fact that there was a pair available in the first row of the 200s and another pair in the $114 price range this afternoon.
What can I say.. In that case the rep blatantly lied to us.

vstk is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 10:35 AM
  #484
LGM18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
My rep just called me, said cheapest available were $155 each... going to have to wait and hope to get a 10 or 20 game package

LGM18 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:07 AM
  #485
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
im sure she's plenty of people's reps, but just got an email that stephanie is leaving the rangers for a job at MetLife stadium with the jets and giants

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:32 AM
  #486
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
I have knicks STs and my upgrade is today. What I found interesting is that for the Knicks, the lower bowl is in much higher demand vs the upper bowl. Complete opposite of the rangers. The lower bowl is now basically sold out. No $150 seats available. Mostly cheap seats remaining.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  #487
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I have knicks STs and my upgrade is today. What I found interesting is that for the Knicks, the lower bowl is in much higher demand vs the upper bowl. Complete opposite of the rangers. The lower bowl is now basically sold out. No $150 seats available. Mostly cheap seats remaining.
That probaly has to do with te sight lines because the basketball court much smaller

How many seats to you think are left in the upper bowl?

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
  #488
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
That probaly has to do with te sight lines because the basketball court much smaller

How many seats to you think are left in the upper bowl?
Maybe about 100 in Upper and 15 in Lower.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
  #489
NYR Lunchbox
Registered User
 
NYR Lunchbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
i was looking for info on here and sorry if its already been answered. i am looking for a 8-10 game mini plan, i am willing to buy them from a STH and have already been incontact with some. from what i gather, they will be going on sale at a later date? NYR.com lists partial plan as "sold out". any solid info is appreciated thanks

NYR Lunchbox is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
  #490
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Maybe about 100 in Upper and 15 in Lower.
Wow that's more then I would of expected Wonder if alot of people will downgrade like they did for the Rangers

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
  #491
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I have knicks STs and my upgrade is today. What I found interesting is that for the Knicks, the lower bowl is in much higher demand vs the upper bowl. Complete opposite of the rangers. The lower bowl is now basically sold out. No $150 seats available. Mostly cheap seats remaining.
I have been told by a longtime MSG employee who works in the ticket office that until recently this was always the case with the Rangers. Goingback about 15 years ago if you wanted seasons you could only get upper level seats. The "blue seats" had a cheap reputation and I know it is hard to believe but were undesirable to many fans as far as season tickets. Times have changed!
The lower bowl was almost impossible to get seasons for but then the Rangers screwed up the pricing and overpriced the lower bowl thus pricing out the majority of the fans

Giacomin is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 03:35 PM
  #492
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
In the seats that are still available, there shouldn't be any obstructions at all.

Only obstructions are in the $29/$47/$50 range but those seats are all gone. Next year some more $50/$53 seats will also be obstructed.
I am in row B of section 418 ($47 seats).
what will be obstructed next year?

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 03:47 PM
  #493
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
I am in row B of section 418 ($47 seats).
what will be obstructed next year?
What section/row are you in now?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
  #494
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
I am in row B of section 418 ($47 seats).
what will be obstructed next year?
This is the view from 418 Row 3. Part of the near side boards and net are cut off.


Last edited by NyRangers88: 10-29-2013 at 12:34 AM.
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 04:43 PM
  #495
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I have been told by a longtime MSG employee who works in the ticket office that until recently this was always the case with the Rangers. Goingback about 15 years ago if you wanted seasons you could only get upper level seats. The "blue seats" had a cheap reputation and I know it is hard to believe but were undesirable to many fans as far as season tickets. Times have changed!
The lower bowl was almost impossible to get seasons for but then the Rangers screwed up the pricing and overpriced the lower bowl thus pricing out the majority of the fans
Very accurate.

Also hurt by the general austerity in corporate expenditures. There are more basketball fans than hockey fans in big companies. If one has to go...

bobbop is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 04:52 PM
  #496
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Really don't understand why they couldn't have stripped the concrete in the front of the 400s and put glass there like they did with the west balcony. In the old 420, people in row a would always lean over to see into the corners. You take the concrete out and put glass in people in row a don't need to lean over. Then the people in the upper rows wouldn't need to do the same

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
  #497
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
I am in row B of section 418 ($47 seats).
what will be obstructed next year?
I think those seats are gold... Anything in the 400's rows 1 and 2.. And don't forget u will never have bridge issues either!

Traderalways is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 05:00 PM
  #498
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
Really don't understand why they couldn't have stripped the concrete in the front of the 400s and put glass there like they did with the west balcony.
Bingo! Thought the same exact thing.

It's really such a simple concept, I wonder why nobody on the construction staff thought of it

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 05:06 PM
  #499
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
I am in row B of section 418 ($47 seats).
what will be obstructed next year?
Those are my new seats.
I was in section 410 and they moved me to the West Balcony, but I was able to grab these during relo process.
I kind of figure the bridge will be far enough to the right that it shoudn't disturb the view too much, and in row B I don't think the west Balcony overhang will come into play either.

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 05:08 PM
  #500
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
Really don't understand why they couldn't have stripped the concrete in the front of the 400s and put glass there like they did with the west balcony. In the old 420, people in row a would always lean over to see into the corners. You take the concrete out and put glass in people in row a don't need to lean over. Then the people in the upper rows wouldn't need to do the same
That is a phenomenal idea... I certainly never thought of it, but hopefully the people who get paid to think of such things already have.

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.