HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago discussing Hjalmarsson package with Habs for Plekanec

Old
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
sup bro*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
It accomplishes allowing the realization that comparing point totals between Sharp and Plekanec is asinine, because Sharp plays with a franchise center and two of the elite wings in all of the NHL.

Really confusing as to how this is a hard concept for people to grasp.

Of course linemates are relevant. I'm commenting on your pointless attempt to quantify Sharp's place in the pecking order of Hawks' forwards in an attempt to prove, what exactly? Whether he is second, third, or fourth in the group of Kane, Hossa, Sharp is irrelevant. I'd also point out that Sharp was often on a line with Stalberg and other players so let's not pretend it was Sharp-Toews-Kane the entire season.

sup bro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Cut it out, it's Hossa we want.
We've always wanted Hossa since the days his gloves were flying into Montreal
What would you give for a package of Hossa + Hjalmarsson?

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Of course linemates are relevant. I'm commenting on your pointless attempt to quantify Sharp's place in the pecking order of Hawks' forwards as an attempt to prove, what exactly? Whether he is second, third, or fourth in the group of Kane, Hossa, Sharp is irrelevant. I'd also point out that Sharp was often on a line with Stalberg and other players so let's not pretend it was Sharp-Toews-Kane the entire season.
Lol, amazing how this is so hard for people to understand.

What is relevant about all of this, is that comparing point totals of a guy who has been one of the better offensive teams in the last several years, to a guy who has been on one of the poorer offensive teams in the last several years is just plain dumb.

It would be on par with claiming that Wes Welker was a better receiver last season than Larry Fitzgerald.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
If Montreal is as far away from a playoff team as you claim they are...what the hell good would adding another Left handed d-man, who is a UFA in 2 years do for them?

Your logic makes absolutely zero sense.

Trade your best forward away because you are not a playoff team, and the main piece coming back is a 25 year old d-man 2 years from UFA....
Yes trade an almost 5 years older player for a just turned 25 year old AND a solid to good prospect that is close to NHL ready and let him grow with your young core. Hjammer is way closer to age with Eller, Pac, Desharnais, Subban, and whatever other kids are close to NHL ready then Plek. Maybe Hjammer clicks with your youngsters and is anxious to sign an extension when that time comes...worst case #3-5 UFA dmen at the trade deadline bring nice assets (often first rounders).

u2wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:55 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2wojo View Post
Yes trade an almost 5 years older player for a just turned 25 year old AND a solid to good prospect that is close to NHL ready and let him grow with your young core. Hjammer is way closer to age with Eller, Pac, Desharnais, Subban, and whatever other kids are close to NHL ready then Plek. Maybe Hjammer clicks with your youngsters and is anxious to sign an extension when that time comes...worst case #3-5 dmen at the trade deadline bring nice assets (often first rounders).
Hjalmarsson is a borderline top 4 d-man.

Please, please, please explain to me how it would be beneficial for the habs to trade for a d-man they don't need, adn give up their best forward in the deal?

Unless the prospect coming back is TT than the Habs have zero interest in that deal.

People are severely fooling themselves if they think Bergevin will make a trade like that that will all but write off next season. They are going in with the mindset of making the playoffs and making some noise.

Doesn't mean they have to mortgage the future, but they sure as hell aren't going to mortgage the present either.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
massivegoonery

Plekanec is a better player than Sharp, I'd do it straight up.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
It accomplishes allowing the realization that comparing point totals between Sharp and Plekanec is asinine, because Sharp plays with a franchise center and two of the elite wings in all of the NHL.
Lol, he does? I've watched every game of Sharp's Blackhawk career, including this past season. Personally I wouldn't call Marcus Kruger or Viktor Stalberg those things, but hey, what do any of us know?

Nah, seriously, I know what you meant. Who cares if he has other elite players on his team? That is completely irrelevant. I guess P.A. Parenteau is better than Sharp, right? Yeah, he had Tavares on his line, but Sharp has Kane, Hossa, and Toews on his team! Heh. Parenteau's better!

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:17 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Lol, he does? I've watched every game of Sharp's Blackhawk career, including this past season. Personally I wouldn't call Marcus Kruger or Viktor Stalberg those things, but hey, what do any of us know?
Yeah...I'm sure when Sharp was playing 15:16 ES per game last season he was playing with Marcus Kruger (2:40 ES less per game) and Viktor Stalberg (1:39 ES less per game) and I'm equally sure that when he was playing 3:31 per game on the powerplay he was playing with Kruger and Stalberg..

Sorry dude, facts and statistics are there for everyone to look up, and it's quite obvious by the numbers (unless Sharp was regularly getting double shifted every game on the 4th line) that Sharp didn't play with those 2 guys.

Thanks for coming out though!

Old
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
sup bro*

Quote:
Yeah...I'm sure when Sharp was playing 15:16 ES per game last season he was playing with Marcus Kruger (2:40 ES less per game) and Viktor Stalberg (1:39 ES less per game) and I'm equally sure that when he was playing 3:31 per game on the powerplay he was playing with Kruger and Stalberg..

Sorry dude, facts and statistics are there for everyone to look up, and it's quite obvious by the numbers (unless Sharp was regularly getting double shifted every game on the 4th line) that Sharp didn't play with those 2 guys.

Thanks for coming out though!
LOL, Stalberg was in the top 6 most of the season and played with Sharp A LOT. Denying this just makes you look clueless.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
LOL, Stalberg was in the top 6 most of the season and played with Sharp A LOT. Denying this just makes you look clueless.
I'm going solely off of the ES minutes per game.

I use this website, NHL.com to find that information.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
sup bro*

Quote:

cool story bro. I go by actually watching the games and not just looking at stats on a computer screen.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
cool story bro. I go by actually watching the games and not just looking at stats on a computer screen.
Yeah...good on you man.

If the Hawks were my favourite team I probably would have watched most of their games last year as well.

Since they aren't, I can't think of a reason why I would watch more than a handful of regular season games and their playoff games.

Either way, if you're actually trying to tell me that Sharp hasn't played with Toews, Kane, or Hossa extensively at any point in the last 4 years I just have to laugh at your desperation to "prove" your point.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
DontToewzMeBro

You guys are gunna be pissed when you see...

Hjarlmasson
Morin
Pirri, Beach

For

Plekanec and 2nd

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:38 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post

Hjarlmasson
Morin
Pirri, Beach

For

Plekanec and 2nd
Yeah...I look forward to that trade happening so you can come in and say "I told you so"

Because it makes so much sense to trade a great top 6 centerman for a borderline top 4 d-man and 2 meh prospects....and even more sense to add a 2nd to the mix!

Old
07-12-2012, 04:40 PM
sup bro*

Quote:
Yeah...good on you man.

If the Hawks were my favourite team I probably would have watched most of their games last year as well.

Since they aren't, I can't think of a reason why I would watch more than a handful of regular season games and their playoff games.

Either way, if you're actually trying to tell me that Sharp hasn't played with Toews, Kane, or Hossa extensively at any point in the last 4 years I just have to laugh at your desperation to "prove" your point.
"I'd also point out that Sharp was often on a line with Stalberg and other players so let's not pretend it was Sharp-Toews-Kane the entire season." That's what I said. Stop inventing things to try and support your point. Sharp played A LOT with guys like Stalberg, Carcillo (also in the top 6 quite a bit), and Kruger. The end.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post

Hjarlmasson
Morin
Pirri, Beach

For

Plekanec and 2nd
Trading Pleks for a Dman and going into the season with DD and Eller as our top 2 centers would do that yes..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
"I'd also point out that Sharp was often on a line with Stalberg and other players so let's not pretend it was Sharp-Toews-Kane the entire season." That's what I said. Stop inventing things to try and support your point. Sharp played A LOT with guys like Stalberg, Carcillo (also in the top 6 quite a bit), and Kruger. The end.
Oh yeah...Carcillo and his 11 ES minutes per game was clearly getting a bunch of top 6 action.

Especially since he played all 82 games...

Oh wait...my dyslexia is acting up again. He played 28 games.

LoL at you claiming I'm "inventing things"

Old
07-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Prairie Habs

So I saw this question earlier but it was never answered. Why would Montreal even consider trading for Hjarlmasson? We already have:
Markov
Gorges
Kaberle
Emelin
Boullion
Bealieu (top prospect)
Tinordi (top prospect)

on the left side where as on the right it is:

Subban
Diaz
Weber

Does anyone see logic in trading our best center for an overpaid fringe top 4 left defenseman? If Plekanec is moved it will be for a top 4 RD or a top 6 winger (most likely LW).

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:45 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
So, I take it you think Hartnell is better than Giroux right?
Is anyone arguing that?

You pretty much took the most important item on a stat sheet, tossed it out, and then called Sharp and Plek the same.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Is anyone arguing that?

You pretty much took the most important item on a stat sheet, tossed it out, and then called Sharp and Plek the same.
So, if goal scoring is the most important item on a stat sheet than you think Hartnell is better than Giroux right?

Old
07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
So, if goal scoring is the most important item on a stat sheet than you think Hartnell is better than Giroux right?
No, that would be ignorant and stupid.

Most important != Only thing that's important

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
So I saw this question earlier but it was never answered. Why would Montreal even consider trading for Hjarlmasson? We already have:
Markov
Gorges
Kaberle
Emelin
Boullion
Bealieu (top prospect)
Tinordi (top prospect)

on the left side where as on the right it is:

Subban
Diaz
Weber

Does anyone see logic in trading our best center for an overpaid fringe top 4 left defenseman? If Plekanec is moved it will be for a top 4 RD or a top 6 winger (most likely LW).
Well as an outsider, would Markov and Kaberle really be considered LHD options for MTL at this point?

If you scratch them off, its Emelin, Boullion and Gorges. Not exactly a scary grouping...

I could be wrong though, maybe Markov and Kaberle still have something left.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Oh yeah...Carcillo and his 11 ES minutes per game was clearly getting a bunch of top 6 action.

Especially since he played all 82 games...

Oh wait...my dyslexia is acting up again. He played 28 games.

LoL at you claiming I'm "inventing things"
Carcillo was playing LW in top 6 most of his time with Hawks this past year

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Carcillo was playing LW in top 6 most of his time with Hawks this past year
Yup. And he looked like he fit most of the time.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Clipitar

Quote:

The best information would involve actually watching Sharp play. This thread makes it quite obvious you've barely watched him, and that's why you keep relying on basic stats to carve your arguments. There's no point further debating with you if you don't want to admit having scarcely observed Sharp's game.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote