HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marleau and dman to Habs

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 05:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
Yeah, sorry, I didn't clear that up right; we aren't trading Marleau unless we get a very nice package like that one, which the Habs won't give up.
I have no issue with that. He should be a Shark for life IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Meh.

He's good, not great IMO.

Sometimes it seems like he's just going through the motions on the ice, really not all that impressed with his passion more oft than not when I watch him.

He also clearly isn't that great of a "leader" and he's benefited from the calibre of team hes played on since the lock out.
Look, he isn't perfect but I like him. Expecting him to be savior would be wrong, but he's a great player. Hit 30+ goals 6 of 7 years after lockout. over 70 points 5 out of 7 years. He's good, no doubt. Is he a superstar? No, but he's a star IMO.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:11 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Look, he isn't perfect but I like him. Expecting him to be savior would be wrong, but he's a great player. Hit 30+ goals 6 of 7 years after lockout. over 70 points 5 out of 7 years. He's good, no doubt. Is he a superstar? No, but he's a star IMO.
Yeah, to me he'd be a good guy to go after in free agency but at this point in his career I can't think of any reason why it'd be worth it to give up any meaningful assets for him.

And if you're San Jose there's no reason to trade him because his value to the team is FAR greater than his value in any trade.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
No way Marleau is leaving...guaranteed...just no way...I really don't think Vlasic would be moved either...and he wouldn't have signed with a full NMC/NTC if he knew he was getting moved.

If anything, I'd like this move

Murray
Ferriero
Clowe

For

Pacioretty
Subban

But I can't predict what's gonna unfold from this rumor...I can really see Pacioretty and Subban with the Sharks, even though there seem to be obvious factors that would lead to them not being moved, so again, I don't actually see it happening, just like I don't see any proposal in this thread happening.

Really because I don't.. It would be in Marc Bergevin's best interest to leave with them since Montreal would probably riot if he dealt away those 2 promising young guys..

Old
hockeyball

Quote:
I'm sure you would. I think we should just agree to disagree here because I would never do that if I were habs GM...like ever. Even if you added a 1st and 2nd in 2013.
That's not realistic, but Clowe would be a good fit for you guys come to think of it. Again though, there are few players on Montreal's roster that would fit on the Sharks role and salary wise.

MaxPac, Subban, Plekanec, Eller, Price...

I really dont see anyone else slotting into the Sharks roster anywhere. Not an insult or anything, just bad fits.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Falco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Marleau our highest overall draftpick ever
Pat Falloon.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Marleau is 32. Hell, NYR fans don't want to put Stephan in a package for Ryan or Nash and we have to put Galchenyuk in for a guy who's older?
Agreed. Makes no sense for the Habs. That being said, I don't know what Montreal can realistically offer for Marleau without mortgaging their future. Have to give to get.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:18 PM
VerySuperFamous

I'd want Price + Galchenyuk/Patches/Subban for Marleau+Vlasic+Nemo. But I doubt San Jose does it unless it's Price+Subban and if it's Price+Subban Montreal would probably be looking for a new new GM.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Falco5

Quote:
He's close. Could be NHL ready next year at the start or a little bit after. PPG in the AHL. He's not a sexy prospect in MTL. With the emphasis on size and grit taking priority these days, he's not as highly valued for most fans, but still very close and I think a reasonable deal but wouldn't do surprised if sharks fans had no interest, that's fine too.
Back to constructive things...

I would be fine if we made this trade, because it would mean that our scouts believe he is ready and I trust them. I haven't seen him play so all I have to go on are stats and quick blurbs on his development.

edit: trade was Murray for Palushaj

Old
07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Pat Falloon.
He was 2nd overall as well (which was total bull btw) so my point stands

Old
07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Really because I don't.. It would be in Marc Bergevin's best interest to leave with them since Montreal would probably riot if he dealt away those 2 promising young guys..
And I can not see Vlasic with the Habs. Please, look at the post I quoted too...it was a blatant mock of an unrealistic post.

Old
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
EDIT: But I recall there being reports that SJ wants to get Marleau off their books. Maybe that would lower the price.
That wasn't a report. It was pure commentary and speculation. It offered nothing factual.

poetryinmotion

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`□)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Stop it with mentions of Gally, Subban, or Pacs!

Old
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Back to constructive things...

I would be fine if we made this trade, because it would mean that our scouts believe he is ready and I trust them. I haven't seen him play so all I have to go on are stats and quick blurbs on his development.

edit: trade was Murray for Palushaj
Well yah, on paper looks decent to me. It depends if SJS feels it's a fit or not. It's pretty much as far as this proposal can go unless sharks fans know of palushaj themselves.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
DJD209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Dman could be Demers, he's French Canadien right?
Vlasic was born in montreal

Old
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Gomez and Kaberle for Marleau and Boyle.

Fair value and most importantly, simple.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Vertzedyek

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`□)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Stop it with mentions of Gally, Subban, or Pacs!
Price then

Old
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertzedyek View Post
Price then
You should be banned for even saying that..

Old
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
They resigned Setoguchi right before dealing him as well..

I just don't think the Habs would want to part with the assets required to make the deal.
The Setoguchi thing is not a comparable to this situation. Setoguchi was a restricted free agent with three more seasons to serve before unrestricted status. He was going to be a trade asset to the Sharks for that term whether he was dealt that day, not at all, or at the end of the second season. Vlasic has another year on his current deal and would have been an unrestricted free agent after this year. He chose to re-sign now if DW trades him before his clause comes into effect then there is an issue of trust because he would potentially screw Pickles over by dealing him before the contract starts and the other team opts to not abide by the clause.

I agree the Habs won't want to part with the assets required and there's nothing wrong with that. They're in a different place than Marleau would really benefit them for. If the Habs were on the cusp of gunning for the Cup then I could see them wanting Marleau. But at that point, I don't think they'd make good trading partners because the Sharks would be in the same boat likely looking for the same thing.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Trading 101, you have to give up pieces of pieces of quality to get pieces of quality back. Plekanec, Weber and a 1st will NOT do it.
You must have skipped value 101 then because those pieces are untouchables, not trade bait. There's nothing that would interest me on SJ to even consider it.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Not sure if you know this but Pacioretty had more goals and points than Marleau last year in less GP. He also is 9 years younger. That would never ever work.
Pacioretty had 3 more goals and 1 more point in a down year for Marleau based largely on his utilization (Pavelski was Thornton's primary target on that line), but he lacks have Marleau elite speed, defense/PK ability and flexability of playing center or wing. Marleau is the better player right now, but that still doesn't make a trade make any sense.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:59 PM
sheed36

I'll put it this way for Sharks fans asking for Pacioretty.. He's our Logan Couture and I'm sure you guys wouldn't want to deal him away except for a massive overpayment..

Old
07-12-2012, 06:03 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Craig Rivet

Old
07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Avim86

Marleau + Boyle + 5th 2013.

for

Plekanec + Y.Weber + Morgan Ellis and 2nd 2013.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
Pacioretty had 3 more goals and 1 more point in a down year for Marleau based largely on his utilization (Pavelski was Thornton's primary target on that line), but he lacks have Marleau elite speed, defense/PK ability and flexability of playing center or wing. Marleau is the better player right now, but that still doesn't make a trade make any sense.
Agreed but this is pacioretty's 1st full NHL season. So you'd imagine he has upside left.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:11 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
He was 2nd overall as well (which was total bull btw) so my point stands
The Faloon pick was not a bad pick; he was developed awfully. I bet if we picked Scott Niedermayer instead, Pat Faloon would be in the HHOF as a superstar, while Niedermayer would have gone down a similar path of Faloon's real path. Faloon had a lot of talent; this organization handled him badly. There was nothing wrong with the pick...

Closed Thread