HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wojtek Wolski

Old
07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

vCash: 500
Wojtek Wolski

This guy put up 65 points in 80 games in 09-10. Doesn't look like he's had much luck staying healthy since then. I noticed that he is still listed as an available UFA. Am I right in assessing his talents to an improved version of Ponikarovsky?

Does anybody know the nature of his injuries, and what kind of player he is? The last thing the Sabres need is another soft DL guy, but he intrigues me because he puts up decent playoff numbers and he's got good NHL size.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
He's soft.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Zoombie

vCash: 50
He's a ghost on the ice. He has skill but he is soft

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
This guy put up 65 points in 80 games in 09-10. Doesn't look like he's had much luck staying healthy since then. I noticed that he is still listed as an available UFA. Am I right in assessing his talents to an improved version of Ponikarovsky?

Does anybody know the nature of his injuries, and what kind of player he is? The last thing the Sabres need is another soft DL guy, but he intrigues me because he puts up decent playoff numbers and he's got good NHL size.
Wolski is the definition of soft.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Extremely passive and soft on the ice. Floats frequently and is a spectator more often than he's actually engaged. Doesn't go into the hard areas, cheats defensively, and will sell out more often then not in his own zone. Frequently finds himself in his coach's dog house but deals poorly with adversity and would sooner see himself traded to a new team than to work himself out of trouble.

But be has tremendous offensive skill that continues to provide him with opportunity after opportunity.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Extremely passive and soft on the ice. Floats frequently and is a spectator more often than he's actually engaged. Doesn't go into the hard areas, cheats defensively, and will sell out more often then not in his own zone. Frequently finds himself in his coach's dog house but deals poorly with adversity and would sooner see himself traded to a new team than to work himself out of trouble.

But be has tremendous offensive skill that continues to provide him with opportunity after opportunity.
Oh my...

Thanks guys, and no thanks to Mr. Wolski.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:27 PM
ShootIt

Enigma. At times he looked good for the panthers. However, most of the time he was AWOL on the ice.

It says something when a team like the panthers bench an "offensive" player in the playoffs

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Couldn't have said it better. There were a few times last season where he surprised me with physical play, but it's few and far between and was scratched in the playoffs. He'd be incredible if he'd ever engage.

07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Hes probably going to play in Europe

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Hes probably going to play in Europe

That's where he belongs.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Would probably do well on a line with Tavares on the Isles though

Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:33 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
He is soft, lazy and bad defensively and this is coming from a huge fan of his.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Wolski used to be my favorite player when he was still in Colorado. Still have his jersey.

I'd love to see him sign somewhere, but I understand why teams are hesitant. He just doesn't have a good work ethic plain and simple.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkmtv com View Post
Wolski used to be my favorite player when he was still in Colorado. Still have his jersey.

I'd love to see him sign somewhere, but I understand why teams are hesitant. He just doesn't have a good work ethic plain and simple.
Wish granted, 1 year deal with the Caps for a meager 600k. Talk about low risk vs. high reward. Semin is regarded as a soft underachiever as by many, and yet he figures to make 10 times what Wolski signed for. This might end up being a shrewd move for the Caps, all things considered.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Wish granted, 1 year deal with the Caps for a meager 600k. Talk about low risk vs. high reward. Semin is regarded as a soft underachiever as by many, and yet he figures to make 10 times what Wolski signed for. This might end up being a shrewd move for the Caps, all things considered.
Semin is probably ten times better than Wolski.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post

So they say, but is it far fetched to imagine them both scoring 50 points next season if they stay relatively healthy and play similar roles for their respective teams?

You can pay 6 million or 600k for that.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Yeah but Wolski works harder than Semin

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
So they say, but is it far fetched to imagine them both scoring 50 points next season if they stay relatively healthy and play similar roles for their respective teams?

You can pay 6 million or 600k for that.
IMO Wolski could get 40-50P, if used right and if he gets much pp time. Semin on the other hand could score 82+ with the right players.

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
IMO Wolski could get 40-50P, if used right and if he gets much pp time. Semin on the other hand could score 82+ with the right players.
hmmm I can't see the "players" being a problem, he's had plenty of supporting teammates throughout his career. That theory favors Wolski's, actually, if it does so for either of them.

Semin is more talented, just not 10 times more talented.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Wait are some of you really compairing Wolski to Semin? Even mentioning Semin in the same sentance as Wolski is an insult to Semin.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Yeah but Wolski works harder than Semin

Good one, Wolski is hands down the laziest player in the NHL by far.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Wait are some of you really compairing Wolski to Semin? Even mentioning Semin in the same sentance as Wolski is an insult to Semin.
Not really, but based on their careers it's not outlandish to see next season end and both of them having around 50 points. So, if the Caps get similar production out of Wolski as he takes Semin's role on the team, I mean even within 10-15 points of what Semin puts up...well...you do the math. 600k is better than 6 million.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Wolski is the definition of soft.
There needs to be a better definition than soft for him. He concussed alfredsson with a nonsuspsendable hit but he is definitely lazy.

Also he is a whiz on the shootout so if he plays the season he is good for a few points from that contribution

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
hmmm I can't see the "players" being a problem, he's had plenty of supporting teammates throughout his career. That theory favors Wolski's, actually, if it does so for either of them.
What are you talking about? Semin has spent the majority of his career playing with a variety of converted wingers and over the hill vets as his center. He's never been with Ovechkin or Backstrom on a regular basis for more than a few games at a time. He's usually been centered by the likes of Jason Arnott, Sergei Fedorov, Brendan Morrison, Tomas Fleischmann, Marcus Johansson, and Eric Belanger. Everyone on that list was either far too old, not very skilled, or a winger.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
What are you talking about? Semin has spent the majority of his career playing with a variety of converted wingers and over the hill vets as his center. He's never been with Ovechkin or Backstrom on a regular basis for more than a few games at a time. He's usually been centered by the likes of Jason Arnott, Sergei Fedorov, Brendan Morrison, Tomas Fleischmann, Marcus Johansson, and Eric Belanger. Everyone on that list was either far too old, not very skilled, or a winger.

I see your point, I thought he had better linemates than that. I don't even know who Wolski's been playing on a line with over the years. I'm embarrassed to say that I am out of the loop on the very discussion I have advanced! Lol