Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
This thread sucks. Hopefully it can get something going in the right direction in the last 20 posts or so.
I think every point has been hit, now it's just how many times they can be regurgitated.

Ryan's a great wing and a great goal scorer...both things we need, but many don't want to get rid of Krejci, many don't feel Seguin's ready for center, and many think that Ryan just isn't that good.

I don't really know where else to go

Old
07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Funny how in your recap you left out the part where he said he had some inside info he couldn't share. Obviously you left tht out. Otherwise how could you even try to post the bolded crap you just did.

Its not about bowing down, it about not being a dick.

Id be less offended if you actually called him an ******* than I am at the continuing lowering of discourse on this board.
"I have some info I can't share but yeah some people think he knew what he was doing"

usually "but yeah some people..." equals hint hint hint . That's just simply how I interpreted it. I meant it pretty harmlessly.

I posted one line...you're still babbling about it derailing a thread about how I'm lowering the discourse of the board. Maybe you should just take it to a PM if you're so concerned. I didn't realize these words on this internet screen were life or death for you.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

this quiet offseason is certainly getting to some of the poor trigger happy bruins fans.

its really kind of sad how some vocal fans are tearing David Krejci... and Chiarelli apart.

its one thing to say krejci is a potential trade-able commodity because i agree. if we need to move a top 6 forward for an upgrade he certainly makes a decent amount of sense. what i dont like is seeing our own fanbase completely dismiss his contributions to the team while propping another teams player up. you can tell which fans spend time watching other nhl teams and which just watch highlight reels.

if you seriously think other players arent equally as frustrating as krejci your sadly mistaken. the difference between stars and the next tier down is often less about raw talent and more about the ability to use 100% of that talent 100% of the time. superstars are the players who tend not to have long slumps or bad stretches. thats what makes them stars. so far Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash havent shown that they can be any more consistent than Krejci.

doesnt mean i wouldnt entertain a trade for either of them that included Krejci because i do. just not sure id be as quick to give up substantial pieces along with krejci to get them. Nash in particularly because hes been around for a long enough time to know that he likely is what his is and hes overpaid.

ryan on the other hand is still young enough that he could take his game to the next level and he has a cap hit that fits our salary structure.

the difference between Nash, Ryan, Krejci is not nearly as wide as many of you so called fans (and i struggle to write that after seeing some of the piss poor assessments put forth on this site) claim

Old
07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Yeah, that's probably what he was referring to when he said inside info.

Honest to ****ing God I don't know what is going on around here anymore.

Am I alone in my frustration?
You are not alone in your frustration...but in this case we all saw what happened. Not sure what so grevious or unusual about the hit. Hey maybe they put a bounty on Krejci. Maybe Richards was drunk playing. I don't think theres any doubt Richards wanted to knock him out of the game and hurt him. I too don't exactly know what the info could be but the on ice play was pretty easy to figure out.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
You are not alone in your frustration...but in this case we all saw what happened. Not sure what so grevious or unusual about the hit. Hey maybe they put a bounty on Krejci. Maybe Richards was drunk playing. I don't think theres any doubt Richards wanted to knock him out of the game and hurt him. I too don't exactly know what the info could be but the on ice play was pretty easy to figure out.
I'd assume you'll get the same "generous" PM I just received

Old
07-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Cowboy up?

Old
07-12-2012, 05:40 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

You're all alone together.

If people would just agree with my posts and see my immense powers of reason all the time we'd all get along...

Old
07-12-2012, 05:42 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
I think he was out to get him too. I think that aspect is obvious.

My issue is with the snarky response to DKH's post assuming his "inside" stuff is the obvious stuff. How stupid would DKH have to be to be hinting at that?

Old
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

My issue is with the snarky response to DKH's post assuming his "inside" stuff is the obvious stuff. How stupid would DKH have to be to be hinting at that?
Ok I understand. I'm tired .

Old
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
this quiet offseason is certainly getting to some of the poor trigger happy bruins fans.

its really kind of sad how some vocal fans are tearing David Krejci... and Chiarelli apart.

its one thing to say krejci is a potential trade-able commodity because i agree. if we need to move a top 6 forward for an upgrade he certainly makes a decent amount of sense. what i dont like is seeing our own fanbase completely dismiss his contributions to the team while propping another teams player up. you can tell which fans spend time watching other nhl teams and which just watch highlight reels.

if you seriously think other players arent equally as frustrating as krejci your sadly mistaken. the difference between stars and the next tier down is often less about raw talent and more about the ability to use 100% of that talent 100% of the time. superstars are the players who tend not to have long slumps or bad stretches. thats what makes them stars. so far Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash havent shown that they can be any more consistent than Krejci.

doesnt mean i wouldnt entertain a trade for either of them that included Krejci because i do. just not sure id be as quick to give up substantial pieces along with krejci to get them. Nash in particularly because hes been around for a long enough time to know that he likely is what his is and hes overpaid.

ryan on the other hand is still young enough that he could take his game to the next level and he has a cap hit that fits our salary structure.

the difference between Nash, Ryan, Krejci is not nearly as wide as many of you so called fans (and i struggle to write that after seeing some of the piss poor assessments put forth on this site) claim
I agree with most your assessment's. Only thing is there is a huge difference on a guy who can hit the back of the net, and a guy who has great vison and dish the puck.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:

I'm not even trying to infer that Dan is stupid or anything along those lines.

I just don't see where the inside information about an open ice hit hurting someone is? Maybe you could tell me instead?

I have no idea where this animosity is coming from. I feel like I just got hit by a Mike Richards open icer

Old
07-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Mancini0518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Anything of substance? Now there's a rational rebuttal.

That you'd prefer Kessel and his 30+ goals over Krejci explains a lot. Thank God the Bruins didn't think that way, or they'd probably be going on 41 years without a Cup.

And if you are bothered by my insubstantial posts, use the ignore feature. That's what it's for.
I am atleast the tenth person to take offense to your sarcasm posts in the last two weeks and each time you tell people to ignore you. This is a message board where fans discuss stuff. I am so happy that my team has a board that has a strong following and doesn't still have GDT's from he season on the first page. How about instead of posting your snotty, sarcastic posts and laughing at us all you ignore the discussions you don't like? I'm not the first person to notice this and I think it would help out many more people than me ignoring you.

You've stated in other threads that you don't see players as interchangeable parts and that you fall in love with players and get to know them. I stopped listening to any argument you've made after that. While I do love certain players I am a fan of the Boston Bruins above all. I will root for the team over any players and will make any deal to make the team as a whole better. To eaches own I guess.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
I agree with most your assessment's. Only thing is there is a huge difference on a guy who can hit the back of the net, and a guy who has great vison and dish the puck.
their is not a huge difference though. krejci gets his 60 some odd points just like nash and just like ryan. i value a goal scorer slightly more but not enough to justify trading krejci with one of our top 2 or3 prospects and a top pick.

i know people love to say how a guy can get an assist and not have done anything particularly important to the goal but the same can also be true the other way. horton scored the big goal that beat tampa but krejci was the one who caried the puck into the zone and fed a perfect pass over so he could tip it into an open net.

so lets get video of every goal and assist scored by nash, krejci , ryan over the last season and assess the importance each played in those goals.

does nash go end to end deking every opposing player on his way to 30+ goals and 60 points? how about ryan?

certainly each has a nice highlight reel of awesome goals. krejci has a few gems himself. you act like the roughly ten goal difference between krejci and nash and ryan is so much more important than the 10 assist difference in krejci's favor. i dont think it makes that much of a difference. certainly not enough to give up the sort of value some have suggested with krejci to get these "superstars"

Old
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
MattFromFranklin

Don't know what time, but if anyone is interested, Damon Amendolara from the "DA Show" said he's going to have somebody who covers the Ducks call in and give him the latest on Bobby Ryan.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Don't know what time, but if anyone is interested, Damon Amendolara from the "DA Show" said he's going to have somebody who covers the Ducks call in and give him the latest on Bobby Ryan.
Wanna give us a recap for those who don't live in the radius of Boston radio.

or for me...who lives almost in the radius of no radio .......

Old
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Wanna give us a recap for those who don't live in the radius of Boston radio.

or for me...who lives almost in the radius of no radio .......
I am currently living in Ohio (I go to school out there), but I'm listening to it online. You can listen to it right here-http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.2.14023&station=20629

If you're unable to, I'll give a recap. Right now, he's talking about the newest Penn State report and taking calls. He didn't mention what time he'll have the guy on (he mentioned his name, but I can't remember).

Old
07-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I don't think Cooke's hit was legal. I still think it was an elbow.

But even then, he intentionally targeted the head, which even by the broadest interpretation was intent to injure, even at the time.

The only one who didn't think so was Colin Campbell.
And his committee, those calls weren't made by Campbell in his bathrub sipping on a Chardonnay (with Shanahan I'm not so sure, if so it would be funny were he to start making his explanation videos while doing so). It was a fine line, but regardless, deemed legal at the time. Myself, I thought it was intent to injure but then again I thought Richards was as well. To some extent most big hits in hockey are, case in point, Boychuk and Ellis.

Anywho, I want to see more Richards like hits from the Bruins. Greenlight Crosby a couple of times when he's dipsy doodling across the blueline and watch mainstream media explode with Bruin hate.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:48 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Anywho, I want to see more Richards like hits from the Bruins. Greenlight Crosby a couple of times when he's dipsy doodling across the blueline and watch mainstream media explode with Bruin hate.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:49 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:

Makes you kinda miss all the bruin hate. we had so much of it over the last couple years, I started to enjoy it... lol

as for ryan im not really sold on the guy. I think i'd rather stick with krejci then flip a coin for ryan, and see how his game translates in boston.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
And his committee, those calls weren't made by Campbell in his bathrub sipping on a Chardonnay (with Shanahan I'm not so sure, if so it would be funny were he to start making his explanation videos while doing so). It was a fine line, but regardless, deemed legal at the time. Myself, I thought it was intent to injure but then again I thought Richards was as well. To some extent most big hits in hockey are, case in point, Boychuk and Ellis.

Richards hit was exactly what I meant by legal but dirty.

I agree, he intended to injure him, but didn't really break any rules, even intent to injure.

His hit was like adultery, not illegal, but still morally scuzzy.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Richards hit was exactly what I meant by legal but dirty.

I agree, he intended to injure him, but didn't really break any rules, even intent to injure.

His hit was like adultery, not illegal, but still morally scuzzy.
Which Richards hit are we talking? Richards on Booth or Richards on Krejci?

Richards on Booth I completely agree with you, it was dirty, but because a rule wasn't in place...technically it was "legal".

Richards on Krejci in my opinion though was a good clean hard hockey hit.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:58 PM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

A summer speculation thread with no legs at all with almost 1,000 posts, a quarter or more of which are personal attacks on fellow Bruins fans.

Ive seen it all

Matt, if you'd like to post on the radio info you hear re: Bobby Ryan, you can create another thread or post it in an existing one.

*click*

Last edited by HooperDrivesTheBoat: 07-12-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Closed Thread