HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Derek Roy traded to the Dallas Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2012, 04:13 PM
  #976
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
It seems I remember Dominic Moore didn't find out his hand was broken till offseason. And one of Stafford's injuries was missed.


Last edited by Tra La La: 07-12-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Tra La La is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
  #977
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
It seems I remember Dominic Moore didn't find out his hand was broken till offseason. And one of Stafford's injuries was missed.
It was broken before he got here and he knew it was. He just revealed that fact in the offseason. It was news to us not him.

joshjull is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
  #978
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,209
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Although I could flaunt my own extensive background in emergency medicine, I won't.

Instead, I'll remind you that having more medical knowledge than HFB posters isn't the point. It's when you claim to have more medical knowledge than the Sabres team physicians.

Which you don't.
Of course you won't.

And I never claimed that. I'll let you review my posts to be sure. Regardless, that is yet again not my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
I have another post earlier that I'll just requote:

1. You never examined the player.
2. You have no idea how the injury manifested itself symptomatically.
3. You don't know what means the doctor used for diagnosis.
4. Axiomatically, you therefore can't suggest any diagnostic method that would have revealed the injury.

That's really more than enough for me to say you don't know anything worth forming an opinion over.
To be clear, you feel Connolly exhibited such abnormal symptoms that the absolute best possible scenario was a misdiagnosis for several months? Got it.

Incidentally your progression isn't rhetorically valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
certainly is an issue of ignorance here....which you fail to accept.
That's rich.

drinking bleach irl is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 06:14 PM
  #979
DixonWard15
Registered User
 
DixonWard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
it must be summertime, so many pages about absolutely nothing

DixonWard15 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 06:43 PM
  #980
moltenlava26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
it must be summertime, so many pages about absolutely nothing
You know it's a slow offseason when people are arguing about the Sabres medical staff. What's next? Sabretooth? Ice resurfacing? Butter to popcorn ratios?

moltenlava26 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
  #981
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
You know it's a slow offseason when people are arguing about the Sabres medical staff. What's next? Sabretooth? Ice resurfacing? Butter to popcorn ratios?
I think you're on to something right there.

joshjull is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
  #982
Jeremy2020
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
You know it's a slow offseason when people are arguing about the Sabres medical staff. What's next? Sabretooth? Ice resurfacing? Butter to popcorn ratios?
The butter to popcorn ratios are nothing to joke about.

First, lets get something out of the way good popcorn consists of popcorn, butter, and salt. You ignoring Salt alltogether is obviously an attempt to only mention the facts that support your viewpoint.

The thing about butter is that it contains a lot of water (up to 16% I believe). You want to clarify it and only use the fat portion, without the solids and water.

You also need to add chemicals to make it smell better and make the experience complete. If the popcorn isn't any good then fans will get unhappy. If the fans aren't in a good mood and they don't cheer as hard.

If the fans don't cheer as hard then the other team can hear Lindy Ruff making line changes every 6.7 seconds.

Jeremy2020 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
  #983
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
The butter to popcorn ratios are nothing to joke about.

First, lets get something out of the way good popcorn consists of popcorn, butter, and salt. You ignoring Salt alltogether is obviously an attempt to only mention the facts that support your viewpoint.

The thing about butter is that it contains a lot of water (up to 16% I believe). You want to clarify it and only use the fat portion, without the solids and water.

You also need to add chemicals to make it smell better and make the experience complete. If the popcorn isn't any good then fans will get unhappy. If the fans aren't in a good mood and they don't cheer as hard.

If the fans don't cheer as hard then the other team can hear Lindy Ruff making line changes every 6.7 seconds.

What you've conveniently failed to bring up is that not only is natural popcorn (ie no liberal chemical additives) better tasting, its HEALTHIER, and if it's HEALTHIER the fans will have more stamina to cheer throughout the game, meaning that Bucky Gleason will be more likely to write a positive article the next day, rather than a negative one, in which case he must continue to bring up briere and Drury every second paragraph. But since you're obviously so BLINDED by your anti-Ruff-Regier AGENDA, you don't even bring up that point, since you plainly have been suckling at the teat of bucky's trash pseudo journalism for the last five years to get your opinions and don't even watch the games (this is the only rational presumption anyone could make from the facts as you've laid them out).

But go ahead, keep on ignoring facts when its inconvenient for you. Keep that popcorn agenda rolling, troll.

haseoke39 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:33 PM
  #984
moltenlava26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Haha.
Well I worked as a popcorn engineer for many years but I won't give you my expert opinion as you have both hit on numerous valid points but may I add popcorn to butter ratio gets misdiagnosed frequently. There are symptoms associated. It truly makes me sick that year after year, this has not been rectified. I assumed bankruptcy was the true cause of this atrocity but even with a multi billionaire at the helm, this continues to haunt us fans.
Popcorn is bread which due to physics slows down the body's ability to cheer.
A recent Swedish study found any consumption over a small bag with a poor or inconsistent amount of butter actually slows down lets go buffalo chants.
It is not the fan but the physics of popcorn that haunts our franchise. May god have mercy on our souls.

moltenlava26 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  #985
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,166
vCash: 500
There's also the matter of even butter spread. The butter must be evenly mixed with the popcorn...if some of the popcorn are too buttery but other kernels are devoid of butter flavor, then the overall effect of the popcorn is diminished.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  #986
moltenlava26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
The butter to popcorn ratios are nothing to joke about.

First, lets get something out of the way good popcorn consists of popcorn, butter, and salt. You ignoring Salt alltogether is obviously an attempt to only mention the facts that support your viewpoint.

The thing about butter is that it contains a lot of water (up to 16% I believe). You want to clarify it and only use the fat portion, without the solids and water.

You also need to add chemicals to make it smell better and make the experience complete. If the popcorn isn't any good then fans will get unhappy. If the fans aren't in a good mood and they don't cheer as hard.

If the fans don't cheer as hard then the other team can hear Lindy Ruff making line changes every 6.7 seconds.
Damn. I had a whole cheering rant agenda and you stole my thunder!

moltenlava26 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:28 PM
  #987
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Of course you won't.

And I never claimed that. I'll let you review my posts to be sure. Regardless, that is yet again not my point.



To be clear, you feel Connolly exhibited such abnormal symptoms that the absolute best possible scenario was a misdiagnosis for several months? Got it.

Incidentally your progression isn't rhetorically valid.



That's rich.


Paging Doctor Fatal.... Paging Doctor Fatal.... Your 3o'clock is here.

Beerz is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:36 AM
  #988
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
The butter to popcorn ratios are nothing to joke about.

First, lets get something out of the way good popcorn consists of popcorn, butter, and salt. You ignoring Salt alltogether is obviously an attempt to only mention the facts that support your viewpoint.

The thing about butter is that it contains a lot of water (up to 16% I believe). You want to clarify it and only use the fat portion, without the solids and water.

You also need to add chemicals to make it smell better and make the experience complete. If the popcorn isn't any good then fans will get unhappy. If the fans aren't in a good mood and they don't cheer as hard.

If the fans don't cheer as hard then the other team can hear Lindy Ruff making line changes every 6.7 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
What you've conveniently failed to bring up is that not only is natural popcorn (ie no liberal chemical additives) better tasting, its HEALTHIER, and if it's HEALTHIER the fans will have more stamina to cheer throughout the game, meaning that Bucky Gleason will be more likely to write a positive article the next day, rather than a negative one, in which case he must continue to bring up briere and Drury every second paragraph. But since you're obviously so BLINDED by your anti-Ruff-Regier AGENDA, you don't even bring up that point, since you plainly have been suckling at the teat of bucky's trash pseudo journalism for the last five years to get your opinions and don't even watch the games (this is the only rational presumption anyone could make from the facts as you've laid them out).

But go ahead, keep on ignoring facts when its inconvenient for you. Keep that popcorn agenda rolling, troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
Haha.
Well I worked as a popcorn engineer for many years but I won't give you my expert opinion as you have both hit on numerous valid points but may I add popcorn to butter ratio gets misdiagnosed frequently. There are symptoms associated. It truly makes me sick that year after year, this has not been rectified. I assumed bankruptcy was the true cause of this atrocity but even with a multi billionaire at the helm, this continues to haunt us fans.
Popcorn is bread which due to physics slows down the body's ability to cheer.
A recent Swedish study found any consumption over a small bag with a poor or inconsistent amount of butter actually slows down lets go buffalo chants.
It is not the fan but the physics of popcorn that haunts our franchise. May god have mercy on our souls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
There's also the matter of even butter spread. The butter must be evenly mixed with the popcorn...if some of the popcorn are too buttery but other kernels are devoid of butter flavor, then the overall effect of the popcorn is diminished.

That's some good writing right there

Comedy relief is needed sometimes... Well done guys

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:38 AM
  #989
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 500
Its close enough to the end and its veered just a bit OT at this point.

joshjull is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.