HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Derek Roy traded to the Dallas Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
It seems I remember Dominic Moore didn't find out his hand was broken till offseason. And one of Stafford's injuries was missed.

Last edited by Tra La La: 07-12-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
It seems I remember Dominic Moore didn't find out his hand was broken till offseason. And one of Stafford's injuries was missed.
It was broken before he got here and he knew it was. He just revealed that fact in the offseason. It was news to us not him.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Although I could flaunt my own extensive background in emergency medicine, I won't.

Instead, I'll remind you that having more medical knowledge than HFB posters isn't the point. It's when you claim to have more medical knowledge than the Sabres team physicians.

Which you don't.
Of course you won't.

And I never claimed that. I'll let you review my posts to be sure. Regardless, that is yet again not my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
I have another post earlier that I'll just requote:

1. You never examined the player.
2. You have no idea how the injury manifested itself symptomatically.
3. You don't know what means the doctor used for diagnosis.
4. Axiomatically, you therefore can't suggest any diagnostic method that would have revealed the injury.

That's really more than enough for me to say you don't know anything worth forming an opinion over.
To be clear, you feel Connolly exhibited such abnormal symptoms that the absolute best possible scenario was a misdiagnosis for several months? Got it.

Incidentally your progression isn't rhetorically valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
certainly is an issue of ignorance here....which you fail to accept.
That's rich.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:14 PM
DixonWard15

it must be summertime, so many pages about absolutely nothing

Old
07-12-2012, 06:43 PM
moltenlava26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
it must be summertime, so many pages about absolutely nothing
You know it's a slow offseason when people are arguing about the Sabres medical staff. What's next? Sabretooth? Ice resurfacing? Butter to popcorn ratios?

Old
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
You know it's a slow offseason when people are arguing about the Sabres medical staff. What's next? Sabretooth? Ice resurfacing? Butter to popcorn ratios?
I think you're on to something right there.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Jeremy2020

Quote:
The butter to popcorn ratios are nothing to joke about.

First, lets get something out of the way good popcorn consists of popcorn, butter, and salt. You ignoring Salt alltogether is obviously an attempt to only mention the facts that support your viewpoint.

The thing about butter is that it contains a lot of water (up to 16% I believe). You want to clarify it and only use the fat portion, without the solids and water.

You also need to add chemicals to make it smell better and make the experience complete. If the popcorn isn't any good then fans will get unhappy. If the fans aren't in a good mood and they don't cheer as hard.

If the fans don't cheer as hard then the other team can hear Lindy Ruff making line changes every 6.7 seconds.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post

First, lets get something out of the way good popcorn consists of popcorn, butter, and salt. You ignoring Salt alltogether is obviously an attempt to only mention the facts that support your viewpoint.

The thing about butter is that it contains a lot of water (up to 16% I believe). You want to clarify it and only use the fat portion, without the solids and water.

You also need to add chemicals to make it smell better and make the experience complete. If the popcorn isn't any good then fans will get unhappy. If the fans aren't in a good mood and they don't cheer as hard.

If the fans don't cheer as hard then the other team can hear Lindy Ruff making line changes every 6.7 seconds.

What you've conveniently failed to bring up is that not only is natural popcorn (ie no liberal chemical additives) better tasting, its HEALTHIER, and if it's HEALTHIER the fans will have more stamina to cheer throughout the game, meaning that Bucky Gleason will be more likely to write a positive article the next day, rather than a negative one, in which case he must continue to bring up briere and Drury every second paragraph. But since you're obviously so BLINDED by your anti-Ruff-Regier AGENDA, you don't even bring up that point, since you plainly have been suckling at the teat of bucky's trash pseudo journalism for the last five years to get your opinions and don't even watch the games (this is the only rational presumption anyone could make from the facts as you've laid them out).

But go ahead, keep on ignoring facts when its inconvenient for you. Keep that popcorn agenda rolling, troll.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:33 PM
moltenlava26

Haha.
Well I worked as a popcorn engineer for many years but I won't give you my expert opinion as you have both hit on numerous valid points but may I add popcorn to butter ratio gets misdiagnosed frequently. There are symptoms associated. It truly makes me sick that year after year, this has not been rectified. I assumed bankruptcy was the true cause of this atrocity but even with a multi billionaire at the helm, this continues to haunt us fans.
Popcorn is bread which due to physics slows down the body's ability to cheer.
A recent Swedish study found any consumption over a small bag with a poor or inconsistent amount of butter actually slows down lets go buffalo chants.
It is not the fan but the physics of popcorn that haunts our franchise. May god have mercy on our souls.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

There's also the matter of even butter spread. The butter must be evenly mixed with the popcorn...if some of the popcorn are too buttery but other kernels are devoid of butter flavor, then the overall effect of the popcorn is diminished.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
moltenlava26

Quote:

Damn. I had a whole cheering rant agenda and you stole my thunder!

Old
07-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Of course you won't.

And I never claimed that. I'll let you review my posts to be sure. Regardless, that is yet again not my point.

To be clear, you feel Connolly exhibited such abnormal symptoms that the absolute best possible scenario was a misdiagnosis for several months? Got it.

Incidentally your progression isn't rhetorically valid.

That's rich.

Paging Doctor Fatal.... Paging Doctor Fatal.... Your 3o'clock is here.

Old
07-13-2012, 01:36 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
What you've conveniently failed to bring up is that not only is natural popcorn (ie no liberal chemical additives) better tasting, its HEALTHIER, and if it's HEALTHIER the fans will have more stamina to cheer throughout the game, meaning that Bucky Gleason will be more likely to write a positive article the next day, rather than a negative one, in which case he must continue to bring up briere and Drury every second paragraph. But since you're obviously so BLINDED by your anti-Ruff-Regier AGENDA, you don't even bring up that point, since you plainly have been suckling at the teat of bucky's trash pseudo journalism for the last five years to get your opinions and don't even watch the games (this is the only rational presumption anyone could make from the facts as you've laid them out).

But go ahead, keep on ignoring facts when its inconvenient for you. Keep that popcorn agenda rolling, troll.
Quote:
Haha.
Well I worked as a popcorn engineer for many years but I won't give you my expert opinion as you have both hit on numerous valid points but may I add popcorn to butter ratio gets misdiagnosed frequently. There are symptoms associated. It truly makes me sick that year after year, this has not been rectified. I assumed bankruptcy was the true cause of this atrocity but even with a multi billionaire at the helm, this continues to haunt us fans.
Popcorn is bread which due to physics slows down the body's ability to cheer.
A recent Swedish study found any consumption over a small bag with a poor or inconsistent amount of butter actually slows down lets go buffalo chants.
It is not the fan but the physics of popcorn that haunts our franchise. May god have mercy on our souls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
There's also the matter of even butter spread. The butter must be evenly mixed with the popcorn...if some of the popcorn are too buttery but other kernels are devoid of butter flavor, then the overall effect of the popcorn is diminished.

That's some good writing right there

Comedy relief is needed sometimes... Well done guys

Old
07-13-2012, 01:38 AM
joshjull

Its close enough to the end and its veered just a bit OT at this point.

Closed Thread