HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where?

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 10:49 AM
nikofan

vCash:
Where?

Where can i find the opposing team after the games? If you know it would really help! thanks!

Old
11-30-2003, 10:58 AM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

vCash: 500
Probably at the nearest bar, downing a few beers, celebrating a huge victory over the Jackets!

Old
11-30-2003, 11:00 AM
nikofan

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
Probably at the nearest bar, downing a few beers, celebrating a huge victory over the Jackets!
Do you know what exit they come out though?

Old
11-30-2003, 11:22 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Just bought a new

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikofan
Do you know what exit they come out though?
They usually come out of the garage. Its kinda hard to get to them, so whatever you plan to do to them will have to be carefully exicuted.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:28 AM
puckslappper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
They usually come out of the garage. Its kinda hard to get to them, so whatever you plan to do to them will have to be carefully exicuted.
I have a friend who used to follow the Pittsburgh Steelers from town to town, what he'd do is he'd try to find out what hotel the players were staying at and try to get autographs in the lobby their are only a few hotels in downtown Columbus and sometimes particular teams have one particular one they use everytime thay are in town. Some teams have a particular chain they always use for whatever reason. So with a little investigative work on game day you could be pretty successful as my friend was.

Now of course hockey has back to back games so their is no guarantee they will be staying in olumbus on any given game but these guys must sleep somewhere.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:13 PM
nikofan

vCash:
(They usually come out of the garage. Its kinda hard to get to them, so whatever you plan to do to them will have to be carefully exicuted.)

Thanks everyone that sort of helped a little. If anyone has any other info let me know! Thanks a lot! Could you tell me in what vicinity the garage is located? like the back side of the building, or close to what section?

Old
12-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Just bought a new

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikofan
(They usually come out of the garage. Its kinda hard to get to them, so whatever you plan to do to them will have to be carefully exicuted.)

Thanks everyone that sort of helped a little. If anyone has any other info let me know! Thanks a lot! Could you tell me in what vicinity the garage is located? like the back side of the building, or close to what section?
Facing Nationwide from the Promo West Pavilion. Its on the left of Nationwide. Basicly to the Very Left of Core Comm Ice Haus.

A Super Sneaky way to get in is to park in the Garage. Check the Ice Haus Schedule. Stay there for 10 Minutes. When you leave, get the desk manager to validate your Ticket(So you dont have to pay) if you time it right, you should be able to meet the visiting team.

Old
12-01-2003, 03:13 PM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
Facing Nationwide from the Promo West Pavilion. Its on the left of Nationwide. Basicly to the Very Left of Core Comm Ice Haus.

A Super Sneaky way to get in is to park in the Garage. Check the Ice Haus Schedule. Stay there for 10 Minutes. When you leave, get the desk manager to validate your Ticket(So you dont have to pay) if you time it right, you should be able to meet the visiting team.
Dont count on it. You have to know tell them why you are going to the Ice Haus and what youre doing there. If your story doesnt match up with whats going on on the ice, you have to pay. And unless they are very busy, the guys at the desk wont validate you if they see you just standing in the lobby for 10 minutes. You should either have equipment in your hand or be there for quite awhile. I know as I used to work there and still know some of the people.

Nationwide isnt really set up for autograph seekers. The event level opens to a gated garage for players. By the time they get to where the people are, they are already in thier cars. Then, only the few guys who are super nice are going to stop and/or get out to sign autographs or meet the fans. Almost none will after a loss.

Unless you have some connections that can get you down to the event level after a game, your best bet would be at a morning skate.

Closed Thread