HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier has asked for a trade.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Zatkoff has plenty of seasoning in the minors, if he's not ready now...he may never be ready. Trade Bernie and sign Zatkoff to a cheap deal.

Everyone knows Sutter is going to ride Quick for around 70 games. Anyone thinking the backup is getting above 20 games next season went off the reservation.
I doubt we will see Zatkoff ever play for the Kings. They had Jones up as a practice goalie and even invited Gibson out for the playoffs. I think Zatkoff and likely Jones will be given chances to move on elsewhere soon. If Bernier goes, I suspect they will sign a veteran backup to a short term deal. Gibson to Manchester next year, possibly with Berube who quietly had a much improved second half in Ontario.

06-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Face Wash

Kings may have to throw in a prospect to get a 1st and maybe another pick for unproven Bernier. Or they may keep him and see what he's offered as an RFA. I mean, they've invested a lot in this kid's development. They should get what they think he's worth. I don't blame him. JB45 has little leverage in asking for a trade.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:25 PM
kingfansince1967

I just came back from the public reception given by Jonathan Bernier with the Stanley Cup in his hometown (Laval). On the way back, they had it on the French radio here that he s asking to be trader, that he asked a trade during the season but management was not willing... JB says that now that Quick has signed this is good news for him and he expects to be traded before training camp. One journalist mentioned that he was approached by a team "not far from Montreal" but would not give more info. Must be careful though because these are not JB's words. So, speculation is, I guess, Ottawa, Toronto...

kingfansince1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
It's also on Hammond's site. If something like that makes it to Hammond's site, it's safe to assume he's asked for a trade at least once.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:28 PM
kingfansince1967

Bernier wants to be trader - TVA Sports

... if you can read the language of Molière ...

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...12-132152.html

Old
07-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I've been studying French with Rosetta Stone. It's actually pretty easy to understand once you get the jist of it. With even basic understanding you can get the feel for the article.

He see's his future without the L.A. Kings. Asked for a trade before the deadline but Dean refused. Which he noted was actually good because he got to win a cup. Now he is ready to move forward and be a number one goalie on another team. He had already made the decision to move on back before the deadline because he knew Quick would get locked down for a long time.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Another kind of funny thing...Gagné in French means to win

congrats to Simon Win hahaha

Old
07-12-2012, 07:56 PM
MsWoof

I wonder if it's Boston that he might get traded to. Price is the #1 in Montreal, the Leafs might get Luongo, Ottawa and Boston would be my guesses.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
DaAnimal

he wants to be closer to home right? What can we get from the senators?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:08 PM
kingfansince1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I wonder if it's Boston that he might get traded to. Price is the #1 in Montreal, the Leafs might get Luongo, Ottawa and Boston would be my guesses.
Not a bad guess... By the way, believe it or not, this Bruins fan showed up at the arena to get his photograph with Bernier and the Cup, photo that he got with his BB jersey on and raising his hands over the Cup. This guy draw the biggest "booozzzz" of the afternoon. That would be funny to see Bernier with Boston, the all-time Nemesis of the Habs.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:24 PM
kingfansince1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I've been studying French with Rosetta Stone. It's actually pretty easy to understand once you get the jist of it. With even basic understanding you can get the feel for the article.

He see's his future without the L.A. Kings. Asked for a trade before the deadline but Dean refused. Which he noted was actually good because he got to win a cup. Now he is ready to move forward and be a number one goalie on another team. He had already made the decision to move on back before the deadline because he knew Quick would get locked down for a long time.
You got the bulk of it but at no moment did he mention "Which he noted was actually good because he got to win a cup".

The article mentions that Bernier was emotional when relating to Yvon Chartrand, the name of the arena where the ceremony took place, named after a minor hockey volunteer that was like a grand-father for JB, helping him to acquire his first goalie equipment. Bernier is from a modest background, which has become rare these days in the world of hockey.

As for his expectation to be traded "now that Quick has signed for long term" I think JB is into "wishful thinking" or as a saying we have in French "faire passer ses désirs pour des réalités"!

Old
07-12-2012, 08:58 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfansince1967 View Post
Not a bad guess... By the way, believe it or not, this Bruins fan showed up at the arena to get his photograph with Bernier and the Cup, photo that he got with his BB jersey on and raising his hands over the Cup. This guy draw the biggest "booozzzz" of the afternoon. That would be funny to see Bernier with Boston, the all-time Nemesis of the Habs.
HUH? You guys every heard of Rask??

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:54 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
he wants to be closer to home right? What can we get from the senators?
Ben Bishop? or is he another Potential #1 goalie

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
I think JB is into "wishful thinking" or as a saying we have in French "faire passer ses désirs pour des réalités"!
That saying in So Cal would go like this
"Lay off the PCP holmes...You talking crazy ese!'

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:20 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Ya I think they are much higher on Rask than Bernier, and they already have Rask. He's pretty much the Eastern Schneider, a stud that's buried behind a solidified starter (Luongo and Thomas). Rask was killing it 3 years ago, played amazing. Last year he was good and better this year. No way I see Boston giving us anything for Bernier.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Ben Bishop? or is he another Potential #1 goalie
Lehner is their potential number 1 goalie, Bishop is not too bad either.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
You got the bulk of it but at no moment did he mention "Which he noted was actually good because he got to win a cup".

The article mentions that Bernier was emotional when relating to Yvon Chartrand, the name of the arena where the ceremony took place, named after a minor hockey volunteer that was like a grand-father for JB, helping him to acquire his first goalie equipment. Bernier is from a modest background, which has become rare these days in the world of hockey.

As for his expectation to be traded "now that Quick has signed for long term" I think JB is into "wishful thinking" or as a saying we have in French "faire passer ses désirs pour des réalités"!
Ah I didn't translate a few parts too well I see! Boo back to studying it haha good catches.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Mike The Franchise

Why don't we trade with the Devils? I know JB wants to be a starter next season but just thinking about Marty mentoring JB for 2 years and then giving him the reigns would sound great to anyone.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:55 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Not exactly a seasoned goalie and he's coming off a groin injury, I believe. Plus, he also had Thomas either playing in front of him (cup run in 11) or behind him (10) and this season he's on his own.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:55 AM
kingfansince1967

Toronto, Tampa Bay, Chicago

One of the newspapers (large part of the paper devoted to sports) in Montreal this morning is advancing Toronto, Tampa Bay and Chicago "could show some interest" for Jonathan Bernier. At the same time, JB mentions that his agent has officially asked Dean to be traded but hasn't heard anything yet.

Journal de Montreal link: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...t-etre-echange

Old
07-13-2012, 05:56 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Franchise View Post
Why don't we trade with the Devils? I know JB wants to be a starter next season but just thinking about Marty mentoring JB for 2 years and then giving him the reigns would sound great to anyone.
They just re-signed both goalies.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

I think Edmonton would be a great trading partner for Bernier. Looks like they could use a young goaltender to continue their rebuild with, and they have tons of young talent they could part with.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:39 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
One of the newspapers (large part of the paper devoted to sports) in Montreal this morning is advancing Toronto, Tampa Bay and Chicago "could show some interest" for Jonathan Bernier. At the same time, JB mentions that his agent has officially asked Dean to be traded but hasn't heard anything yet.

Journal de Montreal link: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...t-etre-echange
Even money he ends up in Quebec...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
I think Edmonton would be a great trading partner for Bernier. Looks like they could use a young goaltender to continue their rebuild with, and they have tons of young talent they could part with.
I think that team is finally ready to move forward with Devan Dubnyk as the number one guy. Rightfully so as well. He played a great second half of the season and has been slowly earning his stripes.

The guy is only 26. Dubnyk always scares me when the Kings play. He's just so big and patient. 6'5 is a lot of goalie to beat if he positions himself well.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:47 PM
nocturn

FYI, NHLXM 207 just confirmed JB has asked for a trade.

Go find your own link.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote