Notices

Ryan for Krejci

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Ratty

vCash: 500
Ryan for Krejci

Unfortunately the thread on this subject was closed as the discussion moved to David Amendo....a(sp)'s guest, a Ducks writer/analyst who would shed some light on the possible trade.

Moderators can move this, but I think it is important. I couldn't find another thread; Lack of Free Agents, etc.to continue the discussion.

What did the Ducks guy say about the possible trade?

Old
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

the Anaheim guy will be on at 9:20 to discuss Ryan

you can listen on 98.5 the sports hub online. just go to their homepage and click listen now

Old
07-12-2012, 07:41 PM
kman22

Damon Amendolara

Old
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

wonderedd for months how to spell that lol.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

BTW from the other thread

The Richards hit on Krejci was one of the most beautifully well-executed green light hits I've ever seen committed against a Bruin. Hard, fast, clean, smart. Krejci got hurt because he tried to get cute making a pass before he got hit and it put his arm and wrist in harm's way.

Just like the Chara hit on Pacioretty, just because a thing goes against you and hurts one of your guys at an unfortunate time doesn't make it illegal.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
EverettMike

Would appreciate a recap from anyone that gets to listen.

Thank you in advance.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Would appreciate a recap from anyone that gets to listen.

Thank you in advance.
im listening so unless something goes horrible wrong between now and the time he finishes talking i will post a recap

Old
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
BTW from the other thread

The Richards hit on Krejci was one of the most beautifully well-executed green light hits I've ever seen committed against a Bruin. Hard, fast, clean, smart. Krejci got hurt because he tried to get cute making a pass before he got hit and it put his arm and wrist in harm's way.

Just like the Chara hit on Pacioretty, just because a thing goes against you and hurts one of your guys at an unfortunate time doesn't make it illegal.
Who thinks it's illegal? I thought everyone agreed it was legal, but we were discussing if it was dirty.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Who thinks it's illegal? I thought everyone agreed it was legal, but we were discussing if it was dirty.
OK, well consider that my vote that it was clean. Beautiful hit. Pity Krejci decided to make a play rather than protect himself and got bit by some bad luck..

Old
07-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Legal hits cannot be dirty.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Legal hits cannot be dirty.
Mm. Not sure about THAT. After all, the Cooke hit on Savard was technically legal, and dirty as hell.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Mm. Not sure about THAT. After all, the Cooke hit on Savard was technically legal, and dirty as hell.
I don't think it was legal just because he didn't break any specific rules like "tripping" or "holding".
He intentionally tried to hurt Savard which was illegal. Well, mission accomplished, I guess.

If you don't think that legal hits can't be dirty, then I'd like to know how you define "dirty hit".

Old
07-12-2012, 08:06 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

bruins scored on that play. its a clean hit but at the same time it was a deliberate hunting krejci hit by richards who ignored his defensive position in order to lay the hit. richards gets credit for that being a great play because krejci got hurt. had krejci been fine he looks like an idiot cause he went out of his way to throw a hit and allowed krejci to complete a pass to an open man that lead to a goal.

its a little dirty in the sense that it was designed to try and injure another play and it was a predatory play (where have we heard that word before) richards clearly wasnt completing a normal hockey play he was hunting for a big hit.

now unless you can prove he deliberate caused the broken wrist obviously that was just pure luck (bad or good depending on which team you root for) he didnt chop him with his stick or throw an elbow at the head.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
bruins scored on that play. its a clean hit but at the same time it was a deliberate hunting krejci hit by richards who ignored his defensive position in order to lay the hit. richards gets credit for that being a great play because krejci got hurt. had krejci been fine he looks like an idiot cause he went out of his way to throw a hit and allowed krejci to complete a pass to an open man that lead to a goal.

its a little dirty in the sense that it was designed to try and injure another play and it was a predatory play (where have we heard that word before) richards clearly wasnt completing a normal hockey play he was hunting for a big hit.

now unless you can prove he deliberate caused the broken wrist obviously that was just pure luck (bad or good depending on which team you root for) he didnt chop him with his stick or throw an elbow at the head.
Fair enough.
But I still don't think Richards meant to injure Krejci. I think (and I hope) he just wanted to make some sort of statement.
Obviously, it was bad luck how that incident ended.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:

I don't think he was trying to injure Krejci per se. There's a particular play I remember from the '10 Olympics, Russia v Czechs, and Ovechkin comes down the middle of the ice as Jagr is beginning the breakout and Jagr tries to do exactly what Krejci did on that play, does it just a little slower, and Ovechkin buries Jagr and just completely destroys him, and his teammate gets the puck and a scoring chance. And for the record, Jagr wasn't hurt, although in true Jagr fashion he ran scared after that and became a nonfactor.

I think what Richards tried to do was bury Krejci in the same way, separate him from the puck, kill the rush aborning and gain a scoring chance. In that sense the hit didn't work, but it definitely could have. Fortuitous for the Flyers that it also took Krejci out of the series.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
News flash, you are trying to hurt every player with every hit in the playoffs. Did Richards try to hurt Krejci? Yes, without question. However, he didn't intend to break his wrist (Krejci's body positioning did that, freak accident) and it isn't dirty to hit a guy with his head down. That's called playoff hockey

Old
07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

ok DA has started talking about Bobby Ryan in advance of the guy from Anaheim.

Quick hits.

says his sources in the know have said that boston has inquired about Ryan (no specifics or that they are actively pursuing)

suggested that it costs krejci + Prospect (speculates caron or spooner) possible a draft pick 1st or 2nd (not based on anything other than his pure speculation)

he clearly isnt familiar with bostons cap hits (thought krejci made about 3mil per year not 5

also not aware of the situations of other eastern conference teams talks about pitt as the class of the conference and devils making the cup as if both those teams didnt lose out in fa.

callers now talking + him reading tweets.

someone else whose name i didnt catch said krejci + caron+ 2nd round pick was overpayment.

a dumb caller thought wed have to sweeten the pot by sending krejci with marchand. (utterly stupid) DA said that was too much. a monkey knows that though.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:25 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
ok DA has started talking about Bobby Ryan in advance of the guy from Anaheim.

Quick hits.

says his sources in the know have said that boston has inquired about Ryan (no specifics or that they are actively pursuing)

suggested that it costs krejci + Prospect (speculates caron or spooner) possible a draft pick 1st or 2nd (not based on anything other than his pure speculation)

he clearly isnt familiar with bostons cap hits (thought krejci made about 3mil per year not 5

also not aware of the situations of other eastern conference teams talks about pitt as the class of the conference and devils making the cup as if both those teams didnt lose out in fa.

callers now talking + him reading tweets.

someone else whose name i didnt catch said krejci + caron+ 2nd round pick was overpayment.

a dumb caller thought wed have to sweeten the pot by sending krejci with marchand. (utterly stupid) DA said that was too much. a monkey knows that though.
thanks for the update. Listening to callers is worse than reading most of the stuff on hf trade boards

Old
07-12-2012, 08:26 PM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

Just for the record, that other thread was closed because it was closing in on 1,000 posts. It helps the site run smoother. You guys are free to start threads as you see fit.

Hooper

Old
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Krejci is very underrated by Bruins fans IMO.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
It's possibly overpayment but it's also what I actually think a trade for Ryan might cost.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
thanks for the update. Listening to callers is worse than reading most of the stuff on hf trade boards
Lord yes. Especially DA's show. It's not really his fault -- after about 7 on a summer night, the only guys with nothing better to do than call into a sports radio show tend to be the real kooks and losers.

Frankly I love the fact that DA's willing to take most of those guys at their level and really get the entertainment value out of them. He's a great late night sports talk host.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

Thanks for the update. Did I get that right and the guy from Anaheim didn't even talk yet?

Old
07-12-2012, 08:40 PM
bossfan

Anaheim writer seems to think that either of Krejci or Lucic and a number 1 would get the trade done. Anaheim wants a second line center so probably Krejci over Lucic.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:42 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

The interview just wrapped up, some snippets from what the Anaheim guy said;

Thinks a Krejci for Ryan deal makes sense
Doesn't think the Bruins would even need to include Caron in the deal, think's a Krejci and a first for Ryan could do it
Thinks the Ducks will inquire about Lucic but Krejci for Ryan makes more sense from Anaheim side as the money is virtually a wash
Thinks that nothing will play out until the Nash and Doan situations are solved
Thinks that the Bruins have a much better chance at landing Ryan than Philly due to the fact that Philly has already given up so much on offense
Said if he was GM, and a Krejci and 1st rounder was proposed for Ryan that he would say yes.

Was a good interview, I'm sure the interview will be uploaded on 985's website a little later.

Last edited by beantown bullies: 07-12-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Closed Thread