HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr/stl

Old
07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Erixon53

vCash: 500
Nyr/stl

STL trades Kevin Shattenkirk to NYR for Michael Del Zotto.

NYR has too many lefties ,STL has too many righties. Players are similar and a deal would balance both teams out on defense. Plus Del Zotto and Pietrangelo are home boys.

Erixon53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
We don't have too many righties. We have 3 NHL caliber right handers and that is it. We have depth on the left, but lack top-end talent. We have top-end talent on the right, but lack depth.

This would create a bigger hole IMO.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:00 PM
underslept
well-informed

I doubt Army would be interested in this, we'd rather have Shattenkirk than Del Zotto and DZ just isn't enticing enough.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

What bleedblue said.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Alklha

It doesn't work from the Blues point of view because of the type of the other defensemen we have, not that it really creates a hole as such.

If MDZ plays with Pietrangelo, that means we have a second pairing of Jackman-Polak or Jackman-Cole. That is just too defensive.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
HooliganX2

A real real easy no from St Louis. As was said we have 3 RH NHL defenseman. If we trade for a LH one it will be use trading a winger for one not a RH defenseman.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
A real real easy no from St Louis. As was said we have 3 RH NHL defenseman. If we trade for a LH one it will be use trading a winger for one not a RH defenseman.
Problem with what you are saying is everyone is pretty much only willing to give up Dags and some Stewart. Not gonna get what you need just giving up one of those plus a prospect. I would love to have MDZ on this team playing with AP though.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Ignore42me*

Nope

Ignore42me* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Problem with what you are saying is everyone is pretty much only willing to give up Dags and some Stewart. Not gonna get what you need just giving up one of those plus a prospect. I would love to have MDZ on this team playing with AP though.
Plenty of people are willing to give up more to get Yandle or someone of that caliber.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:43 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Plenty of people are willing to give up more to get Yandle or someone of that caliber.
Agreed however at this point Yandle is a pipe dream. He is on a great contract and I am not seeing PHX trading him unless huge offer comes across. I just feel like getting MDZ while he still has alot of RFA years left is a smart play.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
I'd love MDZ but can't afford to lose Shatty to do it. Creates a bigger hole.

If there's a way to get him for a winger or package like that, I'd consider it, but I don't think that fits NYR's needs.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

As a BU fan and a Ranger fan I would love Shattenkirk on the Rangers.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I'd love MDZ but can't afford to lose Shatty to do it. Creates a bigger hole.

If there's a way to get him for a winger or package like that, I'd consider it, but I don't think that fits NYR's needs.
NY may consider if we offer one of Perron or Oshie and maybe a prospect/pick. Cannot think of any other winger that would be worth it for NY

Old
07-12-2012, 08:55 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Agreed however at this point Yandle is a pipe dream. He is on a great contract and I am not seeing PHX trading him unless huge offer comes across. I just feel like getting MDZ while he still has alot of RFA years left is a smart play.
I'm just saying people are willing to give up more than Dags and Stewart, it just depends on the return. I don't think Yandle is realistic or that MDZ will be available.

We need someone who is capable of playing 20-22 minutes and capable of playing on the powerplay. If Giordano is made available, he would be the ideal target IMO.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
NY may consider if we offer one of Perron or Oshie and maybe a prospect/pick. Cannot think of any other winger that would be worth it for NY
Well yeah but are you willing to trade Perron or Oshie for Del Zotto? I'm not and it's nothing against MDZ who is a fine player

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Well yeah but are you willing to trade Perron or Oshie for Del Zotto? I'm not and it's nothing against MDZ who is a fine player
I agree with you on this I would not give up Perron or Oshie for Del Zotto. While I would potential trade one for the right player that player just is not Del Zotto.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
I have already went into great detail in another thread about why I would but yes I would make the move. Understand that not many if any other Blues fans would at the same time I have heard Rangers fans also say they would not trade MDZ for Oshie so it shows you how each team values there players. It could also mean the value is closer then it would appear.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I have already went into great detail in another thread about why I would but yes I would make the move. Understand that not many if any other Blues fans would at the same time I have heard Rangers fans also say they would not trade MDZ for Oshie so it shows you how each team values there players. It could also mean the value is closer then it would appear.
Their value is pretty much even, just neither fanbase would want to trade their guy.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:09 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Their value is pretty much even, just neither fanbase would want to trade their guy.
Well at least you and I are on the same page about the value being even.

I am and will be alone in wanting the trade to go down though. Would rather have Yandle but that aint gonna happen.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Well at least you and I are on the same page about the value being even.

I am and will be alone in wanting the trade to go down though. Would rather have Yandle but that aint gonna happen.
My thing is that when you are trading for someone like MDZ or Oshie or Perron or Shattenkirk, you are trading for their potential as well, not just the player that they are now. We don't need someone with the potential that MDZ has. We just need someone who is a solid 2/3 right now and nothing more. Probably someone closer to a #3 that can play on the powerplay because we have one of the best in the game and Shattenkirk who is already around top 30 and should be in the top 20 pretty soon.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:18 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
My thing is that when you are trading for someone like MDZ or Oshie or Perron or Shattenkirk, you are trading for their potential as well, not just the player that they are now. We don't need someone with the potential that MDZ has. We just need someone who is a solid 2/3 right now and nothing more. Probably someone closer to a #3 that can play on the powerplay because we have one of the best in the game and Shattenkirk who is already around top 30 and should be in the top 20 pretty soon.
Well I would not trade Perron I would trade Oshie and it has more to do with his contract status. I worry that if he is not locked up this summer into a contract that eats UFA years he will be gone to the highest bidder the summer of 2014. And I feel as if the highest bidder will make the same mistakes teams did this year on UFA dmen. Blues are not a max cap team and never will be. They will not be able to afford giving Oshie that sort of money long term. Where as with MDZ you get a cost controlled player for 4-5 more years.

For me its all about what happens this summer with his contract. He does not strike me as the type that is going to be taking any sort of discount.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Richards to Gaborik

To be fair, this is a deal with good intentions, but I doubt STL does it.

Richards to Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote