HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

draft order (pre lottery)

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
draft order (pre lottery)

Well it's official. St. Louis just lost in OT, so they get last place. Here's the unofficial draft order (calculated in my head) before the lottery:

1/STL
2/PIT
3/CHI
4/WAS
5/BOS
6/CLB
7/NYI
8/PHO
9/MIN
10/FLA
11/LA
12/ATL
13/TOR
14/VAN
15/TB
16/MTL
17/MIN from EDM
18/COL
19/ANA
20/SJ
21/NYR
22/PHI
23/NJ
24/CGY
25/NAS
26/BUF
27/DAL
28/CAR
29/OTT
30/ DET

Sorry my brain is a little overloaded at the moment. I can't recall if any other first rounders were dealt. That's the way it's looking right now I believe. Columbus hurt their draft chances with that late season spurt, and now the Bruins could get a top five pick. You have to feel for Toronto and Vancouver, teams that miss the playoff and don't get top 12 picks. Okay, you have to feel for Vancouver lol.

Time for some mocks.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Habs4ever

Today we move up one pick

Edmenton a la Minnesotta could have gotten better pick if we had won, but beacause of loss we get better pick!!

be happy guys we get to break Minnesotta heart this time like what they did with Koivu!!

Old
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM
HCH

Am I correct in assuming that the playoff teams cannot move up or down in the draft unless they win they cup, while the non-playoff teams can move up or down a maximum of four positions?

That would lock Montreal into 16th spot while the Leafs could be anywhere from 9th to 15th. Does that sound about right?

Old
04-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Habs4ever

And Leafs get worse off pick

after olompics Boston has moved into top five pick while, late resurgence has leafs without any chance of drafting top tier, maybe they deserve it, but you gotta feel for them, no playoff bad pick, can't get worse for dear leafs!!

Old
04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Habs4ever

but leafs have maybe 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by briste
Am I correct in assuming that the playoff teams cannot move up or down in the draft unless they win they cup, while the non-playoff teams can move up or down a maximum of four positions?

That would lock Montreal into 16th spot while the Leafs could be anywhere from 9th to 15th. Does that sound about right?
chance of moving up, would you be confident with that kind of probability, but maybe they deserve miracle after screwing ogver their pick!!

Old
04-18-2006, 10:39 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by briste

For playoff teams, right.

Otherwise, there's a lottery with all the non-playoff teams. One team is drawn, and the worse the standing, the better the chance to be drawn. The drawn team moves up 4 spots (at best), while the teams that it overtakes move down one spot. The other teams don't move.

For example, Toronto can draft 9th, 13th or 14th, but that's all.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
turnbuckle*

1/STL Kessel New owners looking for a scoring star and drawing card. Kessel has talent to be best St. Louis homegrown forward since Bernie Federko, perhaps best ever.

2/Pitt Johnson Great fit for team that needs defencemen. Will likely play right away on great young team next season

3/Chi Staal Another great fit - fills need for big talented center. Line of Bell, Staal and Ruutu would be deadly someday.

4/Wash Toews Will be great linemate for Ovy in near future. Fills a need for legitamite number one center prospect

5/Bos Backstrom One-two punch at center with Bergeron gives Bruins hope

6/CLB Mueller He'll be an important piece to top line depth in 2 years along with Zherdev, Nash, Picard and Brule. Will add some size to group.

7/NYI Brassard Yet another team looking for top two center

8/PHO Tlusty - Barnett doesn't mind gambling on a wild card - some have him in top 8 (RLR at least) so it's not a big reach. Phoenix needs offensive talent.

9/MIN Okposo Solid winger rising fast on draft charts. He a Minny boy as well.

10/FLA Williams Keenan likes defence and size - a good fit since they have lots of forward prospects

11/LA Bernier - Lots of good prospects, but still no notable up and coming goalie prospects. Bernier will fill that void. Underrated goalie will be solid NHLer.

12/ATL Sheppard - Happy to see him still there - fills a need for size/grit on the wing

13/TO Frolik -Young power forward prospect - what a concept. Toronto should be thrilled if Frolik drops to them.

14/VAN Little Nice future replacement for Morrison, brings smarts and offensive abilities.

15/ TB Sanguinetti - TB looking for depth on defence. Kubina and Boyle may not be around much longer...they need a quality offensive defenceman in their system.

16/MTL Wishart - Just what the doctor ordered. Doesn't hurt to have another 6-5 defence prospect that can skate to go along with O'Byrne. Imagine a defence someday with Wishart, Komo, O'Byrne, Souray/Rivet, Markov and Emelin. Not a group that many will be messing with.

i'm worried that Tamp will want Wishart however.

To me Bernier is the wild card. If Los Angeles grabs him at 11, then it increases the odds that Montreal will get a crack at Wishart or Little, perhaps even Frolik if Toronto opts for the local kid in Little. I'm not sold on Sanguinetti, and hope he is gone before Montreal picks.

Old
04-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Bob in Niagara

1/STL Kessel New owners looking for a scoring star and drawing card. Kessel has talent to be best St. Louis homegrown forward since Bernie Federko, perhaps best ever.

Federko was born in Foam Lake, Saskatchewan.

Old
04-19-2006, 06:34 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle

16/MTL Wishart - Just what the doctor ordered. Doesn't hurt to have another 6-5 defence prospect that can skate to go along with O'Byrne. Imagine a defence someday with Wishart, Komo, O'Byrne, Souray/Rivet, Markov and Emelin. Not a group that many will be messing with.

Wishart is the guy, I want. He's a stud yes, he's big (which isn't that much important, in the new NHL). He's really good defensively, he isn't as physical as Williams but he's really comfortable, in his own. Plus. he has better offensive upside then Williams. We could pick an offensive d like Kyle Wilson..in the late rounds. I think, both Emelin and O'Byrne will make it to the big club. I just hope, O'Byrne will forget his senior year and sign with the bulldogs.

Old
04-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Well it's official. St. Louis just lost in OT, so they get last place. Here's the unofficial draft order (calculated in my head) before the lottery:

1/STL
2/PIT
3/CHI
4/WAS
5/BOS
6/CLB
7/NYI
8/PHO
9/MIN
10/FLA
11/LA
12/ATL
13/TOR
14/VAN
15/TB
16/MTL
17/MIN from EDM
18/COL
19/ANA
20/SJ
21/NYR
22/PHI
23/NJ
24/CGY
25/NAS
26/BUF
27/DAL
28/CAR
29/OTT
30/ DET

Sorry my brain is a little overloaded at the moment. I can't recall if any other first rounders were dealt. That's the way it's looking right now I believe. Columbus hurt their draft chances with that late season spurt, and now the Bruins could get a top five pick. You have to feel for Toronto and Vancouver, teams that miss the playoff and don't get top 12 picks. Okay, you have to feel for Vancouver lol.

Time for some mocks.

I think Nashville dealt a 1st round pick for Witt.

Closed Thread