HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
I know SJ needs wingers not Centers but as a habs fan I would consider this.

Plekanec, Palushaj, Beaulieu, 3rd 2013.

for

Marleau, Murray, 5th 2013.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Marleau-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
Nokelainen-Prust-White.

Marleau-Galchenyuk-Gallagher/Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Leblanc
Moen-Prust-White

Old
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post

for

Bourque-Marleau-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
Nokelainen-Prust-White.

Bourque-Eller-Leblanc
Moen-Prust-White
Not really interested in trading Beaulieu for more aging vets. Learned anything from the McDonagh trade?

Old
07-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Not really interested in trading Beaulieu for more aging vets. Learned anything from the McDonagh trade?
We have puck movers on the roster plus Tinordi, Ellis, Dietz, Thrower, Bennett still in the system.

Give to get and Marleau would look good next to Galchenyuk in a year.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
We have puck movers on the roster plus Tinordi, Ellis, Dietz, Thrower, Bennett still in the system.

Give to get and Marleau would look good next to Galchenyuk in a year.
true, but he'd look even better on Pleks wing this year

I think value-wise, the deal you proposed makes sense, but I have a hard time seeing SanJose being interested (THornton-Couture-Pavelski given them more than enough depth down the middle, adding pleks at 5M$ would be redundant), and I'd be a least a bit hesitant to trust that Marleau can/will handle the media glare of Montreal.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:

for

Bourque-Marleau-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
Nokelainen-Prust-White.

Bourque-Eller-Leblanc
Moen-Prust-White
Wow, Plekanec is a much better all around player and leader on ice than Marleau and Murray isn't worth Beaulieu (Murray's better now, but in the future Beaulieu should be better... and if you're about to acquire a stay at home defenceman, how about you trade the same kind of propsect back ?)

This is really a strong case of greener grassis and gettingbiggerassis...

Old
07-12-2012, 08:34 PM
S Bah

Sign Semin and keep Plekanec is smarter than trading Plekanec for Marleau.SJ would trade him for draft choices to Chicago or a prospect and #1st.Makes no sense,Bergevin if he trades Plekanec will be looking at the long term and a complimentary player for Galchenyuk and Collberg.Draft choices would be a greater advantage to trade up in 2013 draft for a lottery pick.This is the proven method of building a winner,drafting Jude Drouin,Hunter Shinkaruk, Nathan MacKinnon,or one of those players and William Carrier or Max Domi.Not trading our assets for players on the other side of thirty all over again.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
ChoseLa

I wonder how much the Rangers would ask for a guy like Anisimov.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I wonder how much the Rangers would ask for a guy like Anisimov.
We should get him for his celebrations

Old
07-13-2012, 01:57 AM
S Bah

I still think the Habs might be better off trading for a player like Evander Kane LW from Winnipeg as a linemate for Galchenyuk and Collberg when they graduate to the Habs in a Couple of years.Kane could play the LW on Plekanec's line with Gionta in the meantime and would be a great veteran presence for Galchenyuk and Collberg later.The only drawback being the Salary Cap until Gomez and Kaberle's contracts can be moved or in both cases finished at the end of next season.The Habs trade options are very limited unless they trade players with similar sized contracts,which usually leaves a hole elsewhere in the line-up.Making an offer sheet to E.Kane of $5.0mil a yr. the Habs lose their 2013 1st and 3rd picks,can we live with that.Kane is probably worthwhile it depends on where the Habs finish this season if they are 3rd from the bottom it's a pretty bad idea.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-13-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old
07-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I still think the Habs might be better off trading for a player like Evander Kane LW from Winnipeg as a linemate for Galchenyuk and Collberg when they graduate to the Habs in a Couple of years.Kane could play the LW on Plekanec's line with Gionta in the meantime and would be a great veteran presence for Galchenyuk and Collberg later.The only drawback being the Salary Cap until Gomez and Kaberle's contracts can be moved or in both cases finished at the end of next season.The Habs trade options are very limited unless they trade players with similar sized contracts,which usually leaves a hole elsewhere in the line-up.Making an offer sheet to E.Kane of $5.0mil a yr. the Habs lose their 2013 1st and 3rd picks,can we live with that.Kane is probably worthwhile it depends on where the Habs finish this season if they are 3rd from the bottom it's a pretty bad idea.
Not happening. Except Kevin Lowe who was despised by is peers for it, nobody as done it and Bergevin will not do it. It's an unwritten rule between them to not screw up the salary structure of teams. Imagine if all teams were doing it...

Old
07-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Sign Semin and keep Plekanec is smarter than trading Plekanec for Marleau.SJ would trade him for draft choices to Chicago or a prospect and #1st.Makes no sense,Bergevin if he trades Plekanec will be looking at the long term and a complimentary player for Galchenyuk and Collberg.Draft choices would be a greater advantage to trade up in 2013 draft for a lottery pick.This is the proven method of building a winner,drafting Jude Drouin,Hunter Shinkaruk, Nathan MacKinnon,or one of those players and William Carrier or Max Domi.Not trading our assets for players on the other side of thirty all over again.
There's a reason why Semin hasn't signed yet and something tells me that he (or his agent) thinks that he's worth more than what he really is.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:48 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

I have a feeling that this coming season, we will have only 1 scoring line again, and we will rely on Price to win each and every game, just like last season. I have a feeling that we will end up with a lottery pick I'm 2013.

My thoughts:

1) Trade up (from lottery position) to 1st overall and take Mackinnon
2) Target Corey Perry in FA
3) As much as we like Markov and that he has been our no.1 defender, it's time to move on. Package him for Keith Yandle.

2013-2014 lines:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Perry
Mackinnon-Galchenyuk-Collberg
Eller-Plekanec-Cole
Leblanc-Bournival-Gallagher
Prust

Yandle-Subban
Gorges-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Emelin

Price-XXXXXXX

Old
07-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Not happening. Except Kevin Lowe who was despised by is peers for it, nobody as done it and Bergevin will not do it. It's an unwritten rule between them to not screw up the salary structure of teams. Imagine if all teams were doing it...
Howson with Nash already screw the trade rules ... so why not screw that one ??!! It's not like screwing this team to death ... isn't?

Old
07-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I have a feeling that this coming season, we will have only 1 scoring line again, and we will rely on Price to win each and every game, just like last season. I have a feeling that we will end up with a lottery pick I'm 2013.

My thoughts:

3) As much as we like Markov and that he has been our no.1 defender, it's time to move on. Package him for Keith Yandle.

2013-2014 lines:

Eller-Plekanec-Cole
Prust

Yandle-Subban
Gorges-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Emelin

Price-XXXXXXX
Only if it was that easy, No one trades number picks unless the other team overpays (so remove Pacioretty and Subban from that roster).

As far as Perry is concerned, when is the last time a tier one UFA signed with us? the answer is never unless you consider Camalleri as a tier one UFA.

And finally unless Markov wins the Norris I don't see how he could be involved in a package for Yandle unless you`re giving up 2 other young assets alongside him (Tinordi, Eller).

Old
07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Bobby Clarke (Kesler), Brian Burke (yes, I consider the Kessel situation an offer sheet), Mike Gillis (Backes), Doug Wilson (Hjalmarsson)... that's not including offers that were never signed, that we will probably never know about. Like it or not, offer sheets are part of the game. Hopefully Bergevin is less shy about them than Gainey was.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
I think Kane would be a good fit on Montreal, especially since he is friends with Subban. That offer sheet would be matched in a heartbeat. The problem is that Winnipeg is thin on the LW so any trade would have to address this. Ironically Montreal is also thin on left wing. I think the only way Montreal gets Kane is to trade Pacman straight up for him. Not sure this would be a good or popular trade. Maybe Eller, one of Beaulieu or Tinordi, if the Jets are fearful of losing Enstrom/Hainsey, and draft picks might get it done, but I doubt it would compete with other offers.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I think Kane would be a good fit on Montreal, especially since he is friends with Subban. That offer sheet would be matched in a heartbeat. The problem is that Winnipeg is thin on the LW so any trade would have to address this. Ironically Montreal is also thin on left wing. I think the only way Montreal gets Kane is to trade Pacman straight up for him. Not sure this would be a good or popular trade. Maybe Eller, one of Beaulieu or Tinordi, if the Jets are fearful of losing Enstrom/Hainsey, and draft picks might get it done, but I doubt it would compete with other offers.
Does any one know what the new compensation rates are for this year?

I wouldn't offer $5 million for Kane, if I was offering an offersheet it would be somewhere around $6.5 million on a 4 year deal, plus making him UFA at the end just to be the cherry on top.

Kessel got $5.4 for 5 years three years ago and I'd rather have Kane than Kessel and with inflation, $6.5 million sounds right to me.

It would be tough to give up 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd but that would make it tough for Winnipeg to turn it down. With him in the line-up we'd be a lot better than we were last year, that's for sure.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post

My thoughts:

2013-2014 lines:

Eller-Plekanec-Cole
Prust

Yandle-Subban
Gorges-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Emelin

Price-XXXXXXX
We didn't even begin the 2012-2013 season, and you already have a lineup for the 2013-14 season And I doubt Collberg will play in the nhl that year, and I doubt we have leblanc and Gallagher as 4th liners.

Old
07-14-2012, 12:36 AM
King Niinimaa*

Plekanec + 2013 2nd and 3rd round picks for Luongo

Price for Yakupov

Old
07-14-2012, 09:02 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Niinimaa View Post

Price for Yakupov

Plekanec has more value than Luongo.

You really think the Habs would trade their franchise goalie for a guy they didn't have in their top 5 at the draft less than a month ago?

Old
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Niinimaa View Post

Price for Yakupov

I'd rather grossly overpay Semin than do those. Those two deals are just terribad

Old
07-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Does any one know what the new compensation rates are for this year?
$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...e-offer-sheets

IMO that $3,364,391 number is the one to keep an eye on. Once the some remaining free agents are signed and some teams get right up against the cap, with a young RFA yet to sign, that might be tough to match, and the compensation isn't too painful.

Old
07-14-2012, 04:45 PM
le_sean

Quote:
He was despised only by Brian Burke, who is a blowhard that loves complaining to the media. That's the only reason it was a big deal. Other GMs wouldn't have said a word. Regier kept quiet when Edmonton gave Vanek an offer sheet.

And Burke has stated that he did not mind that an offer sheet was given; he was upset at the amount of money Penner was given.

Evander Kane is actually worth $5 million, I doubt anyone would have a problem with it. Winnipeg wouldn't have a problem matching it, either.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He was despised only by Brian Burke, who is a blowhard that loves complaining to the media. That's the only reason it was a big deal. Other GMs wouldn't have said a word. Regier kept quiet when Edmonton gave Vanek an offer sheet.

And Burke has stated that he did not mind that an offer sheet was given; he was upset at the amount of money Penner was given.

Evander Kane is actually worth $5 million, I doubt anyone would have a problem with it. Winnipeg wouldn't have a problem matching it, either.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2927805

I doubt Regier and Buffalo mnagement was not upset. Just read the link.

There's a reason for almost no offer sheets in the league except Lowe. They won't do it and Bergevin being a new GM on top of it does not add up to him doing it.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

So how upset would "we" be as fans or an organization if say the Leafs, Flyers or even Nasville went out & made PK an $7 mill offer over the next 7 or 8 yrs????

Remember, the door swings both ways!!!!

Closed Thread