HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dominik Hasek wants to play in the NHL; talked to Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
  #76
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Would be nice for him to comeback, I too thought CBJ but obvs they've got Bob and Mason...

Surely some team could take a chance on him

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:52 AM
  #77
IComeInPeace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LA
Country: Canada
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
How would he be a "great" backup, folks?
He'd be a horrible backup.
If your starter goes down, is a 47 yr old injury prone goalie, who hasn't played at this level in a long time really your definition of a great backup?
If my GM signed him to be my teams backup, and my starter goes down, that GM should be fired immediately for being so stupid.

Great career Hasek. But just b/c your bored doesn't mean you should still be playing in the NHL. Ask the Sabres, or someone else for a coaching position somewhere in the organization.

IComeInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:54 AM
  #78
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Mario is 10 months younger than Hasek.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:56 AM
  #79
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind
 
RTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
How would he be a "great" backup, folks?
He'd be a horrible backup.
If your starter goes down, is a 47 yr old injury prone goalie, who hasn't played at this level in a long time really your definition of a great backup?
If my GM signed him to be my teams backup, and my starter goes down, that GM should be fired immediately for being so stupid.

Great career Hasek. But just b/c your bored doesn't mean you should still be playing in the NHL. Ask the Sabres, or someone else for a coaching position somewhere in the organization.
For most teams, if you're starter goes down, you're going to be in trouble. A great back-up just has to come in and win the majority of his games.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
  #80
Kostik20
Registered User
 
Kostik20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Sure, he's been staying in shape since his 100th retirement from hockey, but I just dont see any team in todays NHL with all the young talented goaltenders out there, taking a chance on a 47 year old, especially a goaltender, where quickness and reaction is so key, at that age, no matter how in shape you are, you are just not that fast anymore. He will not make an NHL return.

Kostik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
  #81
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik20 View Post
Sure, he's been staying in shape since his 100th retirement from hockey, but I just dont see any team in todays NHL with all the young talented goaltenders out there, taking a chance on a 47 year old, especially a goaltender, where quickness and reaction is so key, at that age, no matter how in shape you are, you are just not that fast anymore. He will not make an NHL return.
Are you saying that he has become the Brett Favre of Hockey?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  #82
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Is Hasek still stuck with a warehouse full of sports clothes he can't sell?

Only reason I can see why he'd wanna ruin his legacy with such a late comeback.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
  #83
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,849
vCash: 500
Has anyone mentioned his age yet? That could be a factor.

Anyways come back, Dom. The ruin your legacy is crap, nobody will forget your incredible career because of a few games while you were waaaay past your prime.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
  #84
crabcz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Prague
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Is Hasek still stuck with a warehouse full of sports clothes he can't sell?

Only reason I can see why he'd wanna ruin his legacy with such a late comeback.
How is legacy exactly helping anyone living the rest of their lives? Once in a while someone invites you somewhere, tells you how great your legacy is and then forgets about you immediately after. This repeats several times and then you're dead. I'd rather do what I want to do and not what other people who I don't care about and who don't care about me want me to do.

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:45 AM
  #85
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Has anyone mentioned his age yet? That could be a factor.

Anyways come back, Dom. The ruin your legacy is crap, nobody will forget your incredible career because of a few games while you were waaaay past your prime.
I will always remember him for losing his job to Chris Osgood.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:20 AM
  #86
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcz View Post
How is legacy exactly helping anyone living the rest of their lives? Once in a while someone invites you somewhere, tells you how great your legacy is and then forgets about you immediately after. This repeats several times and then you're dead. I'd rather do what I want to do and not what other people who I don't care about and who don't care about me want me to do.
I guess we see things differently, because legacy s just that: living on after death. I'd rather be known as one of the best rather than someone who didn't know when to quit.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
  #87
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
I suppose if he attended a camp and made the grade you couldn't really say much against his return. However, I'd be disappointed if some team just "gave" him a job and he learned the hard way that he's too old.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:48 PM
  #88
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I guess we see things differently, because legacy s just that: living on after death. I'd rather be known as one of the best rather than someone who didn't know when to quit.
His legacy is firmly cemented.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:14 PM
  #89
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I guess we see things differently, because legacy s just that: living on after death. I'd rather be known as one of the best rather than someone who didn't know when to quit.
He could come back and bomb out and he'll still be remembered as he was. I didn't see Hfboards freaking out about legacies when Foppa tried embarrassingly to come back.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
  #90
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
I will always remember him for losing his job to Chris Osgood.
What's wrong with that? Hasek turned 43 in 2007-08 and Ozzie went beast mode in the playoffs.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
  #91
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
What's wrong with that? Hasek turned 43 in 2007-08 and Ozzie went beast mode in the playoffs.
He was 2.14 and 0.902 in 41 games, what an embarassement to his career.





kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  #92
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,898
vCash: 500
Dallas needs a backup. Seems like the popular destination for players 40+.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
  #93
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
He was 2.14 and 0.902 in 41 games, what an embarassement to his career.




Ruined it. I'll never think of him as an elite goalie ever again.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
  #94
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,583
vCash: 50
If Hasek wants to play, all the power to him. I seriously doubt he cares what a few HF posters say about him 'Ruining his legacy'.

As a backup, he'd have plenty of time to stay rested. I think he could be decent if he played 10-15 games a season.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
  #95
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
He was 2.14 and 0.902 in 41 games, what an embarassement to his career.




.902SV% was good for 35th out of 44 qualifying goalies. He also lost his starting job in the playoffs.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:10 PM
  #96
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Like Our Group View Post
.902SV% was good for 35th out of 44 qualifying goalies. He also lost his starting job in the playoffs.
And was also good enough for sharing Jennings trophy with Ozzy. I'm well aware of the bold part but I would hardly call that "tarnishing a legacy" which was the thing I was reffering to.


Last edited by kudymen: 07-13-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: grammar grammar grammar...
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
  #97
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Hasek with the miraculous save on klatt!!!!

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
  #98
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
If Hasek wants to play, all the power to him. I seriously doubt he cares what a few HF posters say about him 'Ruining his legacy'.

As a backup, he'd have plenty of time to stay rested. I think he could be decent if he played 10-15 games a season.


Please please please hockey gods. I beg you. We need a backup, he needs a job.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
  #99
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,086
vCash: 500
"Most over-pulblicized tryout on a Canadian team since Theo Fleury."

Maybe Hasek has a book coming up.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:45 PM
  #100
CaptainLupul
#FireCarlyle
 
CaptainLupul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Dallas needs a backup. Seems like the popular destination for players 40+.

Yes, Dallas seems like the perfect fit.

CaptainLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.