HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Sign Palushaj 1yr 2way

Old
07-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
meh too little too late to say that after his departure. These are unforgivable mistakes.
I said it while he was here. That's the point I was making.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:31 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Career AHLer. In the line combo threads, he is on 2-3 first lines.
Love comments like this, the dude is 22 but hey he is a career AHLer,. How many guys become regulars at 22 or younger? Not all that many.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:51 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
So what if he's 22? I'll keep doubting until he does more than simply enter the offensive zone, go around the net and do nothing with the puck. He's not a very good player. He doesn't have anything that makes him stand out except maybe speed. I hope for his sake he can find a permanent job, but I think it'll be elsewhere.
If he is so bad, then the Blues will take him back for a used pair of skates. Okay....maybe..... new pair.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:59 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Not true. 2-way contracts only determine how much money you make in the AHL vs. how much money you make in the NHL. A player's age and the number of NHL games played determines his waiver eligibility.

I blame EA Sports for misinforming millions of people about the nature of 1-way vs. 2-way contracts...
Hot: If I'm not now on your ignore list, sorry about last night's post. Tough week and a bit drunk (It's night time here).

Ask other mods, I go a bit nuts sometimes but it is not personal.

No disrespect intended.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, that all depends on how this organization wants to operate.
Right now we have Eller playing with Moen and one of Armstrong/Prust. Do I really care if Prust/Armstrong are both dropped to the 4th line in order to make room for Palushaj? Absolutely not.
If both Leblanc and Palushaj both do a good job in camp, I have no problem at all with dropping Moen as well on the 4th, scratching Armstrong and making both youngsters play next to Eller.
As I said, and I think we agree more on this than it might otherwise seem, if Palushaj comes to camp and shows that he has more to offer than a guy like Moen/Armstrong next to Eller, I'm all for giving him a nice stint on that line to start the season. I think our team will succeed if it has a roster of players that earned their way into the lineup, not a roster full of players that are just put there as experiments without earning the opportunity.

What I don't want to see is a him come to camp, be mediocre, not provide any benefits to the team over other players (tangible or otherwise), then have fans clamour to 'give him a chance!' because he's a prospect. I have seen SO many posts here over the years after a young player comes in and struggles to keep up saying 'he needs to play with Plekanec!' or 'put him on the top line and he'll show his stuff!' Make me want to facepalm hardcore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I'd be shocked if Palushaj wasn't claimed, if he gets waived
Lol, sure, and I'm still getting over the shock of Mathieu Carle not being claimed!

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Love comments like this, the dude is 22 but hey he is a career AHLer,. How many guys become regulars at 22 or younger? Not all that many.
Most forwards are going to be in the NEW NHL by the time they are 22. Yea there is a tiny hope that he could progress some more but the VERY LARGE reality is that he will likely be a career AHLer / some euro league.

More times than not, he will not crack the NHL. His comment is more right than yours.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, I can't think of any teams where his chances are any better than his chances with our team. So if he doesn't make our team... I don't see any other team feeling like he could make theirs either.
Maybe Ottawa? But there's still plenty of time for them to add players before waivers...

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I am not a big believer in this guy , but this is a throwaway year that should be used to challenge young players and give tryouts . Loading up bourque and Gomez with pp time and top minutes is a been-there-done-that-finished-in-the-basement thing we need to see everyone play including guys like this.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:45 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

I say we collectively give up on him so that later, we have a chance to ***** about it!!

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
As I said, and I think we agree more on this than it might otherwise seem, if Palushaj comes to camp and shows that he has more to offer than a guy like Moen/Armstrong next to Eller, I'm all for giving him a nice stint on that line to start the season. I think our team will succeed if it has a roster of players that earned their way into the lineup, not a roster full of players that are just put there as experiments without earning the opportunity.

What I don't want to see is a him come to camp, be mediocre, not provide any benefits to the team over other players (tangible or otherwise), then have fans clamour to 'give him a chance!' because he's a prospect. I have seen SO many posts here over the years after a young player comes in and struggles to keep up saying 'he needs to play with Plekanec!' or 'put him on the top line and he'll show his stuff!' Make me want to facepalm hardcore...
There are two ways for kids to get an opportunity. Either they actually earned their chance, or injuries occurred.
When it's due to an injury, you make the proper call up. If White gets injured playing on the 4th line, then you don't call up Palushaj. If you do, then you need to readjust your lines so Palushaj fits in the proper hole. Making him play on the 4th is a waste of time, so in that case, you drop Moen from 3rd to 4th, and give Palushaj some time next to Eller versus weaker opposition.
I mean, that's simple management..

Putting youngsters next to Plekanec isn't smart because he gets the toughest minutes.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

The opportunity for Palushaj to make the club has never been better. If he has a solid camp, I can see him playing on the 3rd line with eller, so there's no excuses for Palushaj anymore. The bottom 6 needs an injection of skill. Palushaj has that, and he also plays with a good amount of energy. Its make or break time for Palushaj with the habs.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
The opportunity for Palushaj to make the club has never been better. If he has a solid camp, I can see him playing on the 3rd line with eller, so there's no excuses for Palushaj anymore. The bottom 6 needs an injection of skill. Palushaj has that, and he also plays with a good amount of energy. Its make or break time for Palushaj with the habs.
If we have the top 6 of DD/Pac/Cole/Pleks/Gio/RB and we know Eller, Moen, Prust, White, Noke, Armstrong and Gomez are the likely bottom 6 and 13th forward. Assuming they go with 8D this year that leaves little room for Palushaj to make the team. I know everyone is screaming for Gomez to be sent down, so there's the chance they keep one of Palushaj, Blunden, Leblanc, Geoffrion instead of Gomez although until it's done I won't believe it.

But injuries are going to hit so he's going to get the chance to play I would think, it would show how bad of shape we are in if Palushaj is actually a top 9 player all season long for us.

Last edited by montreal: 07-14-2012 at 03:33 PM.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Outside of multiple injuries he is longshot at best to make this team.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote