HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3rd Line Center to Vancouver

Old
07-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Why the **** would we do that? They'd add Connoly or Lombardi for free I would think.

Also, you trade an impact goalie (who even as a backup would be worth 15-20 goals) + a top prospect to save no cap space and get back spare parts none of whom I'd say are much of an upgrade on Kyle Wellwood.

IMO, this is terrible.
I could smell his sarcasm through the screen.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed a page, already addressed.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

vCash: 500
Lombardi, Connolly, Bozak? What wold you be willing to give up for 1 of them?

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:23 AM
Chief Brody

Michal Handzus - 6' 5" 215 pounds
Third Line Center may be available from the Sharks for the right price.
One year left at $2.5.
Make an offer.

Chief Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:24 AM
alphahelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I feel like something around this could make sense, but I would still want Edmonton to add, or for there to be more moving parts.
I understand where you're coming from, but also.. concussion. Vancouver may be able to address their other (or this) need via the Luongo trade, - but if we're a bit later in the summer and the 3C is the remaining need for Vancouver - don't you think this would be reasonable?

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
Lombardi, Connolly, Bozak? What wold you be willing to give up for 1 of them?
In a thread started up by yourself I offered 2 2nds for Bozak.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:29 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He plays LW.
And also center.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:33 AM
umad

I'm looking at Anisimov. Maybe something around a 1st + pick would do?

umad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:40 AM
vaseline stampede
Rookie User

I think the Canucks have showed they need a 2nd line before a 3rd line.

vaseline stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaseline stampede View Post
I think the Canucks have showed they need a 2nd line before a 3rd line.
Out of curiosity, why would you make such a claim?

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:21 AM
vaseline stampede
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
Out of curiosity, why would you make such a claim?

Seriously? um playoffs? remember the whole no secondary scoring thing? is the cup favourites scoring at a goal per game pace over the last two playoff series a deleted memory or tactical move gone wrong? you were just playing possum, but fell asleep instead? Obviously, that's why the claim is made, because the lack of secondary scoring lost you the cup, and you know this. What was it...16 goals in the last 12 games or some such nonsense? Forgotten by now, but in any case it was hilarity across the board, I assure you.

vaseline stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:49 AM
umad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaseline stampede View Post
Seriously? um playoffs? remember the whole no secondary scoring thing? is the cup favourites scoring at a goal per game pace over the last two playoff series a deleted memory or tactical move gone wrong? you were just playing possum, but fell asleep instead? Obviously, that's why the claim is made, because the lack of secondary scoring lost you the cup, and you know this. What was it...16 goals in the last 12 games or some such nonsense? Forgotten by now, but in any case it was hilarity across the board, I assure you.
Uhh, its called injuries. Last playoffs, we were doing fine until we got riddled with injuries at the end of the Sharks series.

This year, it was the same. Kesler was playing with another injury, Booth was still shaky because of the major injury he sustained earlier in the season. We were missing Daniel, thanks to Keith. Then, we were unlucky to meet a underachieving, healthy Kings.

You could argue that injuries would be a typical lame excuse as a real hockey player would play through alll the pain as if he was Superman. But, this is how I saw it.

umad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:51 AM
MISC*
Negged.

I would love to get Plekanec out of MTL.

That would make our C depth nasty.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:12 AM
JuniorNelson

Vancouver does have needs at center. I think Lapierre can play on the third line. I think Malhotra cannot.

Suppose Malhotra plays sheltered minutes on the fourth line, he can still win face-offs. Lapierre slides into the third line slot, I think.

Much more worrisome is Kesler's status. Is he going to miss the first two months, or longer? If it is only two months, then the Canucks could sign Morrison and waive him later. If he catches on with another team, everybody wins. If he hasn't wowed anybody after two months, then retirement or AHL duty. If he isn't signed, again, this could help him out a lot. Wellwood might also need a favour.

The Canucks might choose to go in another direction, with Esposito and/or Brule. These are two guys that haven't found a fit, so far. I think there is a ton of untapped abilities there for cheap!

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:29 AM
dbaz

as much as laps is loved for what he does by fans in vancouver, hes a very very poor mans third line center. as much as fans still love morrison hes a 4th line center.

dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Suppose Malhotra plays sheltered minutes on the fourth line, he can still win face-offs.
Manny plays the least sheltered minutes in the NHL...

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:31 AM
dan1el

How about some sort of Zach Smith + package from Ottawa for Edler?

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
What would Rangers want for Brian Boyle?

I know hes fairly well regarded amongst Ragners fans, but with the depth at C they have could he be expendable?
Well if we traded him, we have a big hole on 3C. Doesn't make much sense.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
And also center.
Didn't play center last year. He takes faceoffs though, so don't let that fool you.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:46 AM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
You can tell you know your wrong when you branch off into a whole new argument. Your first point is not relevant because it doesn't really matter whether he was wing or centre, either way management thought he was a better option then Ebbett. Your 2nd point is false. Hodgson was 2C until Kesler came back, then he was on Keslers wing, then he was the 3C for the remainder of his tenure in Vancouver. 3rd point doesn't matter because it would never get to the point where Higgins would have to be converted to C because Schroeder or Lapierre would have already locked up the spot. Not really sure what your trying to say in the 4rth point, doesn't matter. And yeah the 5th point is where I am reminded you are a HF rookie.

Good night.
You have to be kidding me. How is the first point irreleveant when we're talking about playing centre? There was opportunity early in the season to use Lappy on the 2nd line Centre and AV didn't because he doesn't trust him to be that guy. He was comfortable with him on the wing only in a top 6 role. My 2nd pt is not false. I never said Ebbet started at 2nd C. I said there were occasions when he played his way in game into that spot.

And finally the 5th point doesn't show I'm a HF rookie. It shows that you have absolutley no understanding of what a role player/grinder is supposed to do. If you think Dale Weise is a player that's more usefull that Ebbet, well there's no helping you.

Peace.

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:50 AM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
How about some sort of Zach Smith + package from Ottawa for Edler?
Not sure if serious...

That plus better be huge. Smith carries very little value. (When compared to Edler)

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:50 AM
rajuabju

Kings would offer Loktionov for a 1st rounder.

Why the Kings do it: Kings have locked up their C position 1 to 4 with Kopitar/Richards/Stoll/Fraser. And guys like Carter, Lewis and Richardson can all play C as well. Loktionov is not going to have a long-term future /w the Kings.

Why the Canucks do it: Realistically, that 1st is going to be late in the round. Loktionov is a skill player that can turn into a #2C if given the opportunity to play with other skill guys. If not, he can still be effective as a #3C as well. He needs enough ice time to flourish, and Cancuks can provide him the chance.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM
AmazingNuck

The Canucks will go with Malhotra. Give him an offseason of training and adjusting to his eye. He'll be a lot better than last season.

Malhotra will be signed for another year after his contract if he doesn't retire and become an assistant coach. He will mentor Gaunce. Gaunce is our long term 3C.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
We'd need another center coming back for no reason whatsoever so throw in either Lombardi or Connolly and we'll add Kassian or Jensen (your pick) and we have a done deal.
Ok...we'll take Kassian and you can have your choice of Connolly/Lombardi. Sign me up.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Michal Handzus - 6' 5" 215 pounds
Third Line Center may be available from the Sharks for the right price.
One year left at $2.5.
Make an offer.
3rd round pick?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Kings would offer Loktionov for a 1st rounder.

Why the Kings do it: Kings have locked up their C position 1 to 4 with Kopitar/Richards/Stoll/Fraser. And guys like Carter, Lewis and Richardson can all play C as well. Loktionov is not going to have a long-term future /w the Kings.

Why the Canucks do it: Realistically, that 1st is going to be late in the round. Loktionov is a skill player that can turn into a #2C if given the opportunity to play with other skill guys. If not, he can still be effective as a #3C as well. He needs enough ice time to flourish, and Cancuks can provide him the chance.
Loktionov - Pass. I do like Lokti as a player, and think he has a NHL future, but I see Schroeder providing the same type of minutes this season, not worth shipping a 1st out for.

Handzus - Not a 3rd line C anymore, by any means.

My guess is Gillis reaches into the FA pool and goes for one of Brule, Arnott or Dom Moore. He COULD reach further and try to see if Reinprecht still has it. He was NHL calibre last season but his contract restricted him from being called up from the Wolves. My ideal trade would be Goc from Florida (part of a Luongo trade?) or Brodziak from Minny, doubt he moves though.

Last edited by TLinden16: 07-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote