HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 02:54 AM
yotesreign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Whatever Jamison does, improve the food choces at the arena but don't do away with the Macho Nachos.

In fact, I'd kill for a Macho Nacho right now.

Not the most appetizing plate of nachos I've ever seen. Although, it does occur to me maybe that picture was taken in the finest restaurant in Tucson and then I could understand the decorative plate...

Old
07-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Lady Justice
Mostly Harmless

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Mind ye', after staring at that photograph for the last 27 minutes gotta tell ya, it does actually look beyond tasty.
Normally I don't think I'd touch a plate of those. Well I might steal a few if someone else paid for them and offered them, because it's hard to resist free food.

It's 1:30 a.m. and I can't sleep, haven't eaten since when I had dinner around 6:30 and am pretty starving by now. If I had a plate of those in front of me they'd be gone in about 30 seconds, and that's not a silly way of saying I'd throw them in the garbage.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:21 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Normally I don't think I'd touch a plate of those. Well I might steal a few if someone else paid for them and offered them, because it's hard to resist free food.

It's 1:30 a.m. and I can't sleep, haven't eaten since when I had dinner around 6:30 and am pretty starving by now. If I had a plate of those in front of me they'd be gone in about 30 seconds, and that's not a silly way of saying I'd throw them in the garbage.
Los Bertos or whichever I'm sure has that. Mine have to be vegetarian. Some good salsa and some melted cheese and I'm all over it. Had some tonight actually. Great Mexican drive thru in east Flagstaff. So TASTY!!!

Old
07-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Los Bertos or whichever I'm sure has that. Mine have to be vegetarian. Some good salsa and some melted cheese and I'm all over it. Had some tonight actually. Great Mexican drive thru in east Flagstaff. So TASTY!!!
I call them asterik-os (as in *, the wildcard used to represent any text when doing text searches). Anyway, I have to assume that's nachos only right? You can't possibly be an actual vegetarian can you?! If so I have to assume it's for medical purposes right?!

Old
07-13-2012, 04:41 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I call them asterik-os (as in *, the wildcard used to represent any text when doing text searches). Anyway, I have to assume that's nachos only right? You can't possibly be an actual vegetarian can you?! If so I have to assume it's for medical purposes right?!
Actually, surprising as it is it is for everything. My wife is vegan, but I love my eggs, cheese and milk. It's pretty sad how we treat our animals. I was giving my dogs some raw ground beef and to think it came from a cow was nauseating. Mexican and Thai foods are heaven for vegetarians like scottrocks and me.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Rutkowski

Really looking forward to this **** ending. I've been a fan of the team since the early 90's back when Selšnne, Tkachuk and Housley tore **** up in the league and for once it'd be nice to have a great team that's stable and in a good position. If they can finalize this before Doan decides he's had enough then we could very well contend for a second division title next season and maybe try another cinderella run.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:49 AM
DangleAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Not the most appetizing plate of nachos I've ever seen. Although, it does occur to me maybe that picture was taken in the finest restaurant in Tucson and then I could understand the decorative plate...
Well played, sir!!

Old
07-13-2012, 08:54 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Killion, have you been to the jobing recently? Those nachos are the only edible thing there. No matter how bad they may look, the other food is much, much worse.

Hot dogs? Even on $1 night my teen son couldn't bring himself to finish one.
Philly cheesesteak? Super salty and we both ended up in the bathroom by second period, holding on to the railings in the stalls and crying for mama.
Pizza? Real papa johns pizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the congealed yucky mess sold in jobing.

Add to that the painfully slow service and it just makes you want to cry.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:08 AM
OT OEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Killion, have you been to the jobing recently? Those nachos are the only edible thing there. No matter how bad they may look, the other food is much, much worse.

Hot dogs? Even on $1 night my teen son couldn't bring himself to finish one.
Philly cheesesteak? Super salty and we both ended up in the bathroom by second period, holding on to the railings in the stalls and crying for mama.
Pizza? Real papa johns pizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the congealed yucky mess sold in jobing.

Add to that the painfully slow service and it just makes you want to cry.
I'll wait in line for an hour as long as they stay. I'm just gonna pump money into this arena If they do

Old
07-13-2012, 09:14 AM
PhoPhan

Food issues aren't unique to the Job. When you have one vendor for a captive audience of thousands of people who have nowhere else to eat or drink for upwards of three hours, what possible incentive do you have to produce anything of quality?

Old
07-13-2012, 09:15 AM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Whatever Jamison does, improve the food choces at the arena but don't do away with the Macho Nachos.

In fact, I'd kill for a Macho Nacho right now.

Well not kill, but I am dying for one just talking about it.
That looks...horrifying. I'm starting to feel the uneasy pain and gurgling in my stomach just looking at that thing.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Before we get back on topic, I think this pic is relevant to the topic on the paw patrol girls. I mean I'm sure you're all amazing looking guys right?! lol

Attachment 57645
HAHA, that's awesome.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

Yuckk, gagg me with a spoon.
You cant be serious AP?.
Nacho's on a paper plate?!.
Hate ta say it, Trailer Parks' showin...

Mind ye', after staring at that photograph for the last 27 minutes gotta tell ya, it does actually look beyond tasty.
The macho nachos are actually pretty good. However, the fact that they are the best we have to offer is indicative of the quality of food at Jobing.com. I'm not sure many venues have worse food. I went to Staples for game 4 of the WCF and was blown away by the arena food. Even the hot dog was gourmet compared to what Jobing.com has to offer.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:45 AM
kingbrutis

The prime rib nachos on the club level are great. We had those seats a couple of times. Think they were like $13 though.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
The prime rib nachos on the club level are great. We had those seats a couple of times. Think they were like $13 though.
Amazing, though. You never imagine a day where you will put horseraddish sauce on your nachos, and the BAM! it comes so suddenly, and so gloriously, like a white squall, and in those nachos you see the face of god.

07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
the fact that they are the best we have to offer is indicative of the quality of food at Jobing.com. I'm not sure many venues have worse food. I went to Staples for game 4 of the WCF and was blown away by the arena food. Even the hot dog was gourmet compared to what Jobing.com has to offer.
Exactly. And the idea that it's a captive audience...well, not really.

With a 7pm start time, most people will find a way to get around eating at jobing. I'd prefer to eat somewhere in Westgate before the game than to try to eat anything at Jobing.

If the food were better - not necessarily gourmet, but even just edible - I would be more inclined to spend money inside the arena. It's just too disgusting. I've tried several places and never been satisfied with the quality, other than the nachos.

And it's not something that just has to be accepted - there are other venues in town that have decent food. There are lots of venues everywhere, many of them have food that isn't bad. But the stuff at jobing is consistently horrible.

I'm not exactly sure how the financials work on the concessions, who gets the $, etc. But if I were the person trying to make money off of this venture, one thing I'd look at quickly is getting the food upgraded. I see many people buying beer at the jobing - but the number of people buying food is much lower. Perhaps with things that are actually good, the whole concession thing could make some money. And I'm not talking about $50 Kobe beef burgers - I'm just talking about food that tastes OK and doesn't make you sick.

I'd like to see salads. I'd like to see burgers. Do we have tacos? I don't think so, but I might be wrong on that. The hot dogs - get a bit of an upgrade from the rubbery $1 ones and so something more like the Costco ones. If Costco/Sams Club can sell a decent dog and a big soda for $1.50, jobing could certainly do so for $5-6 and still make a profit.

And on a personal level, I think they should sell shave ice. That stuff is great, and at an ice rink, why not? But it is a bit time-intensive, so they'd need to do it right. And they need to have the passionfruit and mango syrups, not just those lame cherry, watermelon and raspberry flavors.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:10 AM
PhoPhan

It's a captive audience because you can't bring in food from the outside and you're ostensibly trapped there from 7 to 10, which is when an awful lot of people typically eat dinner. You can eat before or after, but if you work a 9-5 job, it can be tough.

As for why it's not better: there's not much incentive to do so. More people would buy food if it were better, but it also costs more money to produce better food. The same business model exists in just about every stadium and arena for a reason.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Actually, surprising as it is it is for everything. My wife is vegan, but I love my eggs, cheese and milk. It's pretty sad how we treat our animals. I was giving my dogs some raw ground beef and to think it came from a cow was nauseating. Mexican and Thai foods are heaven for vegetarians like scottrocks and me.
If you guys wanna start a vegan/vegetarian Coyote fan group, I'll join, too.

There's a new Mexican vegan place downtown Phoenix we could go to. http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bel...tedibertos.php

Old
07-13-2012, 10:25 AM
PhoPhan

Please continue this discussion in the OT thread, where it's already underway. We've veered pretty far off-topic.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1135141

Old
07-13-2012, 10:36 AM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Nevermind

Old
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

vCash: 50
Uh oh. Just saw on twitter the Quebecians have latched on to this.

Vermette in a golf shirt with a nordiques logo on it. It must be a sign!

Old
07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He grew up twenty minutes outside of QC, and played his Jr. hockey for the Quebec Remparts. I'd assume he was a Nordiques fan from birth. Also, retro sports clothing is hip and it's not as though he's wearing another NHL club's gear. The Nordiques are nothing but a memory and probably a fond one for Antoine Vermette.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Plus, it was a "Nordiques" golf tournament.

Old
07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Plus, it was a "Nordiques" golf tournament.

Haha, really? Man, people will grasp at any straws they can.

Old
07-13-2012, 01:07 PM
OT OEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Uh oh. Just saw on twitter the Quebecians have latched on to this.

Vermette in a golf shirt with a nordiques logo on it. It must be a sign!

Hahahaha cause the first one to break this news would be Antoine Vermette Right? Good one QC fans

Closed Thread