HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cam Janssen Interview

Old
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Cam Janssen Interview

Disclaimer: The link below contains a video with extremely blue language. Don't click on it if that's not your cup of tea.

I can't link the interview video here for obvious reasons, but I did link to a page below that contains the interview.

What a moron. (He apologized for the interview earlier today, see second link.) He had to know this was going to get out but he did it anyway.

The two interviewers are pretty much white trash too.

The reason I think it applies in this forum is there is some interesting L.A. Kings stuff at the beginning of the interview. I wouldn't listen to it actually past the seven minute mark because it gets really bad after that, but it is interesting on how the interviewers tried to get Janssen to belittle Los Angeles and for the most part* he supported that a championship in Los Angeles is good for hockey in general.

*Just ignore the stupid part of the sanctimonious condesending "L.A. is full of wierdos" baloney.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/7/1...w-video-devils

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637851

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:31 AM
mbar

i kept trying to remember him from the series.....

But they don't often show the press box.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post

Zing!

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
He's drinking too much Jersey water. He's become one of them.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

True story, until right now, i thought he played for STL still

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Too many shots to the head, eh Cam? What a cement head. I forgot he was still even in the NHL.

kovacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
True story, until right now, i thought he played for STL still
Yes this. I would have loved to see lous reaction.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Johnny Utah

I thought he comes off as kinda charismatic and very honest and open.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Lou and his agent got a hold of him:

Quote:
The following is a statement from Devils right wing Cam Janssen that he issued through the team today:

“Earlier this week, I participated in an internet-based radio show in which I used some poor judgment which I now regret. The New Jersey Devils were unaware of this interview, which I arranged myself.

“I would like to apologize for my poor choice of language. The tone of the interview was very casual and off-color, and I lost focus on what is and is not acceptable and professional. I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by my language. Moving forward, I hope to eliminate that type of language from my vocabulary. I would also like to take this chance to express my support for the work the You Can Play project is doing, and for the gay community in general.

“I apologize for the embarrassment my comments have caused to the New Jersey Devils management, as well as my teammates.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...dio_interview/

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:48 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Who really cares what he has to say? The bum will be in the minors sooner than later. Knuckle draggers like him have no room in today's NHL.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

My guess is that Cam watches a lot of reality TV and actually thinks the people that are on it are intelligent.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

It's sad how many Devils fans think this is the greatest interview ever given, and that anyone upset with it is just too PC.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
It's sad how many Devils fans think this is the greatest interview ever given, and that anyone upset with it is just too PC.
They're from Jersey. That explains it all.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
There's a real dividing line between showing disdain for political correctness run amok and actually being a Neanderthal and believing this is cutting-edge narrative.

Anyone who is in agreement with Janssen's degrading statements about women and gays and has the same type of belief system aspires to tread water in a sewer.

That's all.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

It was nothing. Just a bunch of things taken out of context and blown way out of proportions. I thought the interview was pretty good myself, nice to hear someone talk like a real person for once.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
And they just got called out by Yahoo! Sports Puck Daddy...how embarrassing for the HF Boards NJ Devils team board. But well deserved. (Click on the "and neither did these guys" link below, and/or in the article.)

Quote:
Cam Janssen is getting raked over the coals for his appearance on Internet radio program the "Thom and Jeff Show", and rightly so. The whole segment was stomach-churning, rife with examples of the sort of language and mindset that the NHL has been actively trying to do away with in recent times. While the shock jock radio hosts didn't seem mind (and neither did these guys), plenty of others did, and on Friday, Janssen did the right thing, releasing a statement of apology through his team, the New Jersey Devils.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9135--nhl.html

Old
07-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Dawdler

I sort of agree with Utah he was open and honest, his big mistake was bringing the locker room talk to a couple of wannabe shock jock douchenozzles, talk like that should be left in a locker room and honestly if you've ever been in a competitive locker room this is exactly what you'll hear and those radio hosts need to be neutered and should apologize for having a crappy show.

on the homophobe remark I think it was more part of the context of the conversation like you get personal and you kick all these guys ***** what if the guy does guys you kick his ass too, I took it as nobody gets off from an ass beating if deserved (I guess I'm not sensitive enough)

What really stuck with me is how openly he talked about being depressed like if he thought he didn't do good in a fight or how he was feeling before a fight, that is the thing that needs to be focused on because a lot of players have suffered the same way and are no longer with us like Rypien, Belak and Boogaard, that to me is more important then what offended people.

people need to focus on the bigger picture and not be so sensitive over what people say,
like my Mother said "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
like my Mother said "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"
That is the second most incorrect old saying surpassed only by

...wait for it...

"Honesty is the best policy."

Old
07-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
That is the second most incorrect old saying surpassed only by

...wait for it...

"Honesty is the best policy."
ok why is it so incorrect, because its not PC?

and don't tell me you never took cliche phrases from your Mother and tried to live by those words because your mom would be proud of you

Old
07-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

No, because its old and it doesn't apply in today's world. Plain and simple, words do hurt, and they hurt a lot. Between husband and wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, parents/children, friends, really do I need to go on?

If you are talking about some of this stuff that gets blown up by the media, maybe you should ask yourself why does that happen? Perhaps we are trying to move forward and away from that base animal-type behavior and into a higher level discourse?

Don't be so fast to dismiss "PC" as though it is some kind of target you wish to disdain upon its mere mention. Perhaps a deeper level of understanding human behavior is paramount at this point for some people who still "don't get it."

Old
07-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
No, because its old and it doesn't apply in today's world. Plain and simple, words do hurt, and they hurt a lot. Between husband and wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, parents/children, friends, really do I need to go on?

If you are talking about some of this stuff that gets blown up by the media, maybe you should ask yourself why does that happen? Perhaps we are trying to move forward and away from that base animal-type behavior and into a higher level discourse?

Don't be so fast to dismiss "PC" as though it is some kind of target you wish to disdain upon its mere mention. Perhaps a deeper level of understanding human behavior is paramount at this point for some people who still "don't get it."
so if we want to go forward, things of the past are wrong, words hurt if you feel it defines you, words shouldn't define people actions should and if we hold old fashioned values its an animal type behavior?

I only dismiss PC when people get offended when a singer wants to do right by the National Anthem and he puts words on his hand and why does the media blow up events? Its because they have nothing better to do and when people pry into other peoples lives and are sensitive to current events it is because they're unfulfilled in their own lives and want people to be as miserable as themselves.

I understand human behavior and don't dismiss me as a heathen because you feel your way and understanding is more just then mine.

Old
07-14-2012, 10:37 PM
apadilla

obviously Cam's ancestors intermingled with neanderthals,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:39 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Isn't this that dumbass that sucker punched that kid?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote