HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier has asked for a trade.

Old
07-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
i still say OTT. they have some young guys also that are unproven, with less experience than JB. they also have assets DL would find attractive in forward prospects, or picks. i still think he goes to OTT for one of their young goalie or forward prospects and a #1-3 pick as icing on top

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:41 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Not exactly a seasoned goalie and he's coming off a groin injury, I believe. Plus, he also had Thomas either playing in front of him (cup run in 11) or behind him (10) and this season he's on his own.
He has 102 NHL games played with a record of; 47-35-11. His stats are 2.20 GAA .926 sv% and 11 shutouts. If Tuukka Rask isn't a seasoned goalie, then what does that make Bernier??????

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Kingsfan1

Portzline Columbus Beat Writer Guy don't know how reliable he is but he is saying that Columbus has called Dean for Bernier and are now interested

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:21 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Bernier for Jack Johnson and a 1st

amirite?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:24 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfan1 View Post
Portzline Columbus Beat Writer Guy don't know how reliable he is but he is saying that Columbus has called Dean for Bernier and are now interested
He is the Andy Strikland of the Blue Jackets. If he said it, I would definately believe it.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would do Bernier + Hickey for Columbus' 1st in 2013. Much better than giving them to the Oilers, it is a guaranteed lottery pick, and I consider Columbus a moot threat regardless of who they get.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Richie10

Portzline is very reliable, even about things not Blue Jacket related. If he's saying CBJ are suddenly interested in Bernier, then it's true.

Richie10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would do Bernier + Hickey for Columbus' 1st in 2013. Much better than giving them to the Oilers, it is a guaranteed lottery pick, and I consider Columbus a moot threat regardless of who they get.
I don't think there's any way they deal their own first. If any first is traded by them it's the one they acquired from us.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Columbus would have to move Mason then, because I doubt the Kings are taking him in return for Bernier unless we are getting something really good in addition to Mason.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
He has 102 NHL games played with a record of; 47-35-11. His stats are 2.20 GAA .926 sv% and 11 shutouts. If Tuukka Rask isn't a seasoned goalie, then what does that make Bernier??????
102 games isn't a lot, especially since he played behind Thomas last year and the year before. Bernier is definitely behind him.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:46 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
i still say OTT. they have some young guys also that are unproven, with less experience than JB. they also have assets DL would find attractive in forward prospects, or picks. i still think he goes to OTT for one of their young goalie or forward prospects and a #1-3 pick as icing on top
If it's with OTT it would be nice to get Bishop as part of the return.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Crowne Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Wow. Bernier is a pretty safe bet to be a franchise goaltender, 11th overall pick. Wasn't Hickey, an NHL-ready defenseman, a 4th overall pick? Let's not forget he almost made the roster this past year and was an all-star in the AHL. Seems like quite the gamble for a low-to-midrange 1st rounder.

I wouldn't mind taking back Mason. I think Ranford could work with him on his technique; good change of scenery, little pressure being behind Quick. I can see it working well. He did have a fantastic rookie season.

Crowne Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:48 PM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
If they can pull off a deal for Bernier with Nash in the package, then that would be AWESOME! Check out the video (link below) Hawson confirms it "then it must be true."

Give up Bernier, Drewisie, Hickey/Forbort, Clifford/Richardson = Nash and Mason.

Im surprised people aren't talking about this on our boards here more.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Portzline is very reliable, even about things not Blue Jacket related. If he's saying CBJ are suddenly interested in Bernier, then it's true.

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:54 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaayar78 View Post
If they can pull off a deal for Bernier with Nash in the package, then that would be AWESOME! Check out the video (link below) Hawson confirms it "then it must be true."

Give up Bernier, Drewisie, Hickey/Forbort, Clifford/Richardson = Nash and Mason.

Most of us don't want Nash's salary.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:

That would be because that package would never get Nash. Have you seen what Howson has wanted? Let alone that package is a future starting goalie(good), a 7th defenseman, a bottom 6 forward, and a good D prospect.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:03 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
That would be because that package would never get Nash. Have you seen what Howson has wanted? Let alone that package is a future starting goalie(good), a 7th defenseman, a bottom 6 forward, and a good D prospect.
I won't comment on what we'd be giving up, but Howson is never going to get what he wants. Nash is tied to an albaatross contract, has declined for years despite being young, and it's a forgone conclusion that he needs to be traded...... for all of the reasons I have mentioned.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I won't comment on what we'd be giving up, but Howson is never going to get what he wants. Nash is tied to an albaatross contract, has declined for years despite being young, and it's a forgone conclusion that he needs to be traded...... for all of the reasons I have mentioned.
I totally agree that Howson won't get what he wants, I'm just saying that he won't come down that far from his asking price. Everyone knows it won't happen. I wouldn't agree that he has gotten worse, he's been on very bad teams.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:48 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:

The only thing Howson confirms is that he had discussions about Bernier at the draft but ended up traded for Bobrovsky.

"I don't know where that report comes from. We spoke to a number of teams about goaltenders at the draft when we acquired Sergei Bobrovsky from Philadelphia, so I guess if they're talking about that then that would be accurate."

And if you think our second best goalie, our 7th d-man, an underachieving d-prospect and a fourth liner will get us Rick Nash you're kidding yourself.

The Kings aren't even on Nash's supposed "list", so the point is probably moot anyway.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowne Royale View Post
Wow. Bernier is a pretty safe bet to be a franchise goaltender, 11th overall pick. Wasn't Hickey, an NHL-ready defenseman, a 4th overall pick? Let's not forget he almost made the roster this past year and was an all-star in the AHL. Seems like quite the gamble for a low-to-midrange 1st rounder.

I wouldn't mind taking back Mason. I think Ranford could work with him on his technique; good change of scenery, little pressure being behind Quick. I can see it working well. He did have a fantastic rookie season.
Columbus is a safe bet for the lottery. You would trade Bernier + Hickey for the 1st to 3rd overall wouldn't you? I honestly think that offer gets laughed at, just throwing it out there that I would do it, especially if Columbus is crazy enough to take it. I would even take Mason as a salary dump in doing so.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I hope Dean is trying to get Paajarvi or Zibanejad.
(I realize the cost would be Bernier +)

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:23 PM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
I get that and totally agree. However, I was surprised that Columbus reporter who reported this (Portzline Columbus Beat Writer) and he is a very credible source. If they are inquiring about Bernier, then it MAY be true. I would be VERY surprised that Nash is part of any package with Bernier. At the same time I think Howson is loosing leverage and his asking price is un-reasonable. I was just speculating for fun with whom we COULD give up (as the rest seem untouchable).

I'm still not putting too much stock into Nash coming here, but was surprised to see the story. I don't know who else the Kings could get from Blue Jackets for Bernier in any package. Mason is not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
The only thing Howson confirms is that he had discussions about Bernier at the draft but ended up traded for Bobrovsky.

"I don't know where that report comes from. We spoke to a number of teams about goaltenders at the draft when we acquired Sergei Bobrovsky from Philadelphia, so I guess if they're talking about that then that would be accurate."

And if you think our second best goalie, our 7th d-man, an underachieving d-prospect and a fourth liner will get us Rick Nash you're kidding yourself.

The Kings aren't even on Nash's supposed "list", so the point is probably moot anyway.

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

We would likely be giving up Bernier + Williams + Clifford + 2nd/1st if we traded for Nash. Would be an extreme payment.

Old
07-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Guys, forget about Rick Nash. The Kings aren't getting him and his $7.8M cap hit. Stop wasting your time daydreaming about Nash.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Jetteroheller

I thought we already got Steve Nash, do we really need this Rick too?

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:46 AM
SuperAlmeida

If CBJ are interested, then a deal should start with Boone Jenner or LA Kings' 2013 1st pick!

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote