HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
Really don't understand why they couldn't have stripped the concrete in the front of the 400s and put glass there like they did with the west balcony. In the old 420, people in row a would always lean over to see into the corners. You take the concrete out and put glass in people in row a don't need to lean over. Then the people in the upper rows wouldn't need to do the same
I think the real problem in our section was the bar that runs above the concrete. I remember a few times sitting in row a in the 400s and the bar was very annoying.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:39 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I think the real problem in our section was the bar that runs above the concrete. I remember a few times sitting in row a in the 400s and the bar was very annoying.
very true, but if u make that one change everyone's in a lot better shape.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Put down a deposit last summer to try and get seasons, couldn't afford lower bowl so we just got a partial plan (in the lower bowl). Put our deposit down again this year, only thing offered that was $79 or under was a pair of piggy back seats. I'm ok with it but my family doesn't want to put up with it for an entire year, and the games we can't go to will be a ***** to sell. Was told some blocks may be released around today and my rep said he'd call us.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Put down a deposit last summer to try and get seasons, couldn't afford lower bowl so we just got a partial plan (in the lower bowl). Put our deposit down again this year, only thing offered that was $79 or under was a pair of piggy back seats. I'm ok with it but my family doesn't want to put up with it for an entire year, and the games we can't go to will be a ***** to sell. Was told some blocks may be released around today and my rep said he'd call us.
If I were in your shoes I would jump at the piggyback seats for 79. If you were to sell every game, I bet you would come out way ahead. I have 2 seats in a $73.00 section and was not able to get in to the $79 sections this year. Considering most people have to start out in the lower bowl paying well over $100 for lousy seats, this is a great option to get your foot in the door.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
If I were in your shoes I would jump at the piggyback seats for 79. If you were to sell every game, I bet you would come out way ahead. I have 2 seats in a $73.00 section and was not able to get in to the $79 sections this year. Considering most people have to start out in the lower bowl paying well over $100 for lousy seats, this is a great option to get your foot in the door.
Wow! I have been calling every couple of days inquiring about adding $79 seats to an account and was told none were available. If they offered you $79 seats I would jump on them and then hope to get 2 together next season.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:32 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Do it man! Did the same exact thing last year and this year i have the seats side by side. Believe it or not the games you go dont go to isn't even a hard sell. I was surprised at this myself also.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
Wow! I have been calling every couple of days inquiring about adding $79 seats to an account and was told none were available. If they offered you $79 seats I would jump on them and then hope to get 2 together next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Do it man! Did the same exact thing last year and this year i have the seats side by side. Believe it or not the games you go dont go to isn't even a hard sell. I was surprised at this myself also.

Talked to my father and got him on board for it. We can only afford to go to around 20 games so he was really concerned about selling the other games, but we looked and it should be alright. Thanks guys.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:54 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Talked to my father and got him on board for it. We can only afford to go to around 20 games so he was really concerned about selling the other games, but we looked and it should be alright. Thanks guys.
Congratulations man and welcome aboard. If you are a true diehard like im sure you and your father are, then sucking it up for a season in piggybacks doesn't even matter. In a year or 2 especially the way the team seems to be heading and plus the renovations. You guys will be thankful you made the move.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Congratulations man and welcome aboard. If you are a true diehard like im sure you and your father are, then sucking it up for a season in piggybacks doesn't even matter. In a year or 2 especially the way the team seems to be heading and plus the renovations. You guys will be thankful you made the move.
Thanks! Called our rep and left him a voicemail earlier today. Hopefully we didn't wait too long and they're still available on Monday.

Old
07-14-2012, 09:38 AM
OKnumber25

Quote:
I have had 3 seats for a long time. I found the best way to post them for sale is to post them all as singles. Those looking for a pair will just buy 2, but just as often they will sell as singles. So I think your selling ability will be a function more of location and the particular game rather than whether they are an adjacent pair or not.

Old
07-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Socs5199

[QUOTE=vstk;52438997]The rep told me that the only seats that are next to each other are in the $155 price range.

I heard from my rep on Wednesday. He said the cheapest pairs they had were $155. I was looking for the $79 tickets but did not want to take a chance and wait for a partial plan. I pulled the trigger and bought 2 in section 101 row 8. At least I got my foot in the door and can see about moving next season. Also want to check out the new configuration as well.

You think I will have any problems selling some games?

Old
07-14-2012, 09:58 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKnumber25 View Post
I have had 3 seats for a long time. I found the best way to post them for sale is to post them all as singles. Those looking for a pair will just buy 2, but just as often they will sell as singles. So I think your selling ability will be a function more of location and the particular game rather than whether they are an adjacent pair or not.
I really appreciate you sharing your experience. I took a set of 3 this year because of the location. I wasnt sure how best to list the games I can't make. Thanks.

Old
07-14-2012, 10:07 AM
MessierIsGod

[QUOTE=Socs5199;52535147]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
The rep told me that the only seats that are next to each other are in the $155 price range.

I heard from my rep on Wednesday. He said the cheapest pairs they had were $155. I was looking for the $79 tickets but did not want to take a chance and wait for a partial plan. I pulled the trigger and bought 2 in section 101 row 8. At least I got my foot in the door and can see about moving next season. Also want to check out the new configuration as well.

You think I will have any problems selling some games?
I had 110 row 8 last season at $165 and to break even on SH, that's $200. Not an easy sell.

On the plus side, you have a very low row within your price point. On the minus, you are not in the end rangers shoot 2x and behind the goal line.

It'll be tough to break even unless it's a top game but as others have said here, the Rangers will work with you to move upstairs next season.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Apparently they classify piggybacks as two rows apart

Family won't put up with that for a whole season. Gonna try to find someone to split a season in the $155 seats, but if that doesn't workout looks like another season of a mini-plan

Old
07-16-2012, 09:20 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Family won't put up with that for a whole season. Gonna try to find someone to split a season in the $155 seats, but if that doesn't workout looks like another season of a mini-plan
That's just silly. I can just imagine the person sitting between you enjoying your conversation. lol

Old
07-16-2012, 10:17 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:

what section were the seats in?

Old
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Giacomin

Quote:

What have the Rangers said about mini-plans going forward? I heard that the plan was to eventually phase them out which I think would be a big mistake. I equate this to what the Mets did in trying to force the mini plan holders into buying full seasons in 2009. It backfired and would probably eventually backfire with thr Rangers. Some fans only want to go to 5-10 games a year. I worked with someone who had a 10 game plan for at least 20 years and was as loyal to the Rangers as anyone else and would probably never go to a game ever again if they took his 10 game plan away out of principle.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
what section were the seats in?
Not sure, didn't both taking them down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's just silly. I can just imagine the person sitting between you enjoying your conversation. lol
Yeah it's ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
What have the Rangers said about mini-plans going forward? I heard that the plan was to eventually phase them out which I think would be a big mistake. I equate this to what the Mets did in trying to force the mini plan holders into buying full seasons in 2009. It backfired and would probably eventually backfire with thr Rangers. Some fans only want to go to 5-10 games a year. I worked with someone who had a 10 game plan for at least 20 years and was as loyal to the Rangers as anyone else and would probably never go to a game ever again if they took his 10 game plan away out of principle.
Guy told us the info for those would come out in a few weeks.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:41 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Just insane that is what they originally offered me in section 215. I don't know how they can justify and expect that people will sit 2 rows apart and 1 seat across is beyond me.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:50 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Related, Knicks upgrade process is under way. This is what is available in the 200s:

Rows 3-14 is $95 for the three center sections on both sides, and $82 for the rest. There's no balcony or 400's available, and pretty much zero lower bowl available

Old
07-20-2012, 12:05 PM
niinah

Quick questions (literally)
I was offered a pair in Sect 112 (behind goal, Rangers shoot twice), row 20 seats 11-12

1) How good are these seats?
2) How easy is it to sell these for face value? (can not afford to pay for the whole season)

I need to make a decision asap, so any input is greatly appreciated!

Old
07-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
Quick questions (literally)
I was offered a pair in Sect 112 (behind goal, Rangers shoot twice), row 20 seats 11-12

1) How good are these seats?
2) How easy is it to sell these for face value? (can not afford to pay for the whole season)

I need to make a decision asap, so any input is greatly appreciated!
I sat in 101 last year, same seats, different side (Opponent shoots twice) If you want to sell them for face value, that'll be easy. Just post them here in the Individual Tickets for Sale Thread when you have a game you can't go to. A little over face value is an easy sell too.

Old
07-20-2012, 12:20 PM
niinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I sat in 101 last year, same seats, different side (Opponent shoots twice) If you want to sell them for face value, that'll be easy. Just post them here in the Individual Tickets for Sale Thread when you have a game you can't go to. A little over face value is an easy sell too.
Thank you! Great to hear
The $9k price tag is scary but maybe we'd be able to pull it off by selling many games, especially the interesting ones against Devils, Flyers, etc.

Old
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Perhaps selling them here will be "easy" if he posts them now and has months to move them. But I highly doubt he will get face for them a few days before the game...not here at least. He would likely have better luck on Ticket Exchange. Personally I'm not sure how easy it will be to sell seats in the middle of practically the last row in that section. At least they are on the good end...but at $114/pop it's not always so simple to move them. Sure, the premium games won't pose much of a challenge. It's the dates against the less popular opponents that will likely be a tougher sell.

Old
07-20-2012, 12:39 PM
niinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Personally I'm not sure how easy it will be to sell seats in the middle of practically the last row in that section. At least they are on the good end...but at $114/pop it's not always so simple to move them. Sure, the premium games won't pose much of a challenge. It's the dates against the less popular opponents that will likely be a tougher sell.
Thanks for your view also!
We'd be putting them for sale as soon as possible, I also think the less popular games may be a tough sell with the $114 price...
Even if they do sell slightly below face it will be better than paying $9k, we can probably manage paying half of that

Closed Thread