HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago discussing Hjalmarsson package with Habs for Plekanec

Old
07-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

vCash: 500
Hossa

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Hossa
The guy who's much better than Plekanec? Pass from Chicago.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
The guy who's much better than Plekanec? Pass from Chicago.
Fine, you have twisted my arm to the point of defeat.
You can have Gomez instead

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

It's a non sense from MTL, unless Eller put a 50-60 pts this season we can't move Plekanec.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate* View Post
Games are won by goal scorers? LoL

Thanks for the essay, but the stuff you're writing is a mix of opinions and flat out wrong comments.

You can say Sharp is more valuable because he's a 30 goal scoring winger. But guess what? That's just your opinion, nothing more. A consistent 20+ goal and 50+ point centerman who is great defensively is worth more than a 30 goal scoring winger.

Despite your absurd notion that "goal scoring" is what ultimately wins games.

Oh, and once again...I've watched Sharp play plenty. I quite simply don't have time to watch the majority of their games.

And I will continue to laugh at people claiming things like Carcillo having been a top 6 winger while he was healthy last year when he, for the season averaged 11 minutes per game at Even Strength.

You really don't need to watch the games to acknowledge that a guy playing 11 minutes per game at ES. Those aren't top 6 minutes, in any situation, ever.
Really? You are laughing at the fact games are won more often by goal scoring players as opposed to any other type? Talk about "absurd". I guess Prust should get paid more than Stamkos in your world. Hey, maybe Plekanec could be traded for Crosby in your world! Welcome to reality, kid, players who score goals get paid more than most other types. Hey,I can play your game, too: you can say a 20+ goal 50+ point defensive Center is worth more than a 30+ goal 60+ point winger who is defensively responsible, but that is just YOUR OPINION. Wow, I just invalidated everything you said! This is an amazing way to argue a point, just say "I am right" and it is suddenly true!! Thanks for the lesson!

You admit to not having watched Sharp play more than 10-20 games in a season, but still think that means you are better able to evaluate him and to know more about who his line mates are, than people who watch him play 40-80 games per season. Talk about absurd.

I appreciate your passion for Plekanec, but you need to chill out and recognize nobody is trashing him. He is an amazing 2nd line center. He is worth a nice package of picks/prospects or would be a major piece in a package deal for a more offensively talented player. Try listening to guys like McKenzie and McGuire when they talk about potential trades around the trade deadline. Nobody would give us Sharp for Plekanec straight up. If it makes you sleep better at night dreaming you are the only guy whose opinion is correct, hey, sleep tight. Just stop trying to convince everyone else that you are right in the waking world because you are fighting a very lost cause.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
It's a non sense from MTL, unless Eller put a 50-60 pts this season we can't move Plekanec.
Eller will never get the chance to put in 50-60 points as long as we have Plekanec because there are no 50-60 point 3rd line centers in the league due to a lack of playing and pp time given to a 3rd line center! Unless we trade Plekanec and give Eller 2nd line minutes and pp time, we will never get the chance to know if Eller is a 50-60 point center or a 30 point center. So, if the right deal comes along (Sharp for Plekanec, Emelin, and a 2013 2nd or Plekanec for Saad, Jimmy Hayes, and a 2013 1st as two examples of deals I would make involving Plekanec to the Hawks), I am willing to trade Plekanec and give Eller his shot. I do not think we simply trade Plekanec for weak offers like Hjalmarson and Bickel, but I am willing to trade him for the right kind of value.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Callum
Kiwi

Cant see this happening.

Callum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:51 PM
number72

This doesn't make sense from the habs side. Dealing Pleks leaves a hole a centre unless Galenchyuck steps as a top 2 centre. Also the habs have 8 dman so adding another one is a bit redundant here. I think if the Kane rumors resurface than something around with would make more sense but probably around the Fed deadline.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Is this thread still going because it devolved into a pissing match ?

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Flambergius

A trade between these two teams might well happen as they now have loads of inside information about each others players, but I just don't see it involving Plekanec this summer. On the ice Pleks is Habs most valuable forward going into this season. At the least, the best player involved needs to be coming to Montreal for the trade to make sense for us. Chicago does have those kinds of players on their roster, but Hjalmarsson isn't one of them.

During the season, players like Eller and Galchenyuk might play well enough to allow us trade Plekanec, but it would be extremely unlikely to happen before the trade deadline.

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:40 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Eller will never get the chance to put in 50-60 points as long as we have Plekanec because there are no 50-60 point 3rd line centers in the league due to a lack of playing and pp time given to a 3rd line center! Unless we trade Plekanec and give Eller 2nd line minutes and pp time, we will never get the chance to know if Eller is a 50-60 point center or a 30 point center. So, if the right deal comes along (Sharp for Plekanec, Emelin, and a 2013 2nd or Plekanec for Saad, Jimmy Hayes, and a 2013 1st as two examples of deals I would make involving Plekanec to the Hawks), I am willing to trade Plekanec and give Eller his shot. I do not think we simply trade Plekanec for weak offers like Hjalmarson and Bickel, but I am willing to trade him for the right kind of value.
Agree with allowing a kid like Eller to see what he can do while adding some depth. But Sharp for 2 solid players is not that. The route would be to get multiple pieces that are young and have upside not create 2 holes. The second trade is probably 1 asset to much. I understand liking Sharp and Saad, but the problem is Sharp just signed a lucrative extension and the Hawks for all their shortcomings are not the Flyers and unlikely to move a guy that just signed a long term extension before it even kicks in and I suspect Saad is penciled into the long term plans at LW on the top line (or 2nd at worst at this point).

u2wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:59 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Desharnais was the fourth line center 2 years ago and is now no1 or no2 even if we haven't traded a single center since.

Eller can, and will, make his point if he deserves to be the second centerman wether or not Plekanec is there. Plekanec and Desharnais can have slumps or get injured. Eller can go on a tremendous hot streak. I'm sure he'll get his chance eventually.

Besides he can play on the PP even if we don't trade anyone. Our coach only needs a little imagination and play him on the wing on the second wave instead of Bourque.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:20 PM
EbonyRaptor

Based on comments made by Q and StanBow, Saad is about as close to a lock to make the team as one can get. Saad, a LW, has been playing center in the Hawks prospect camp this past week. Speculation is they may give Saad a shot at 2C. Granted, he must be considered a longshot to play 2C, at least right out of the chute next season ... but they will probably give him a shot at it if the Hawks don't trade for a 2C like Plekanec.

Hawk fans are dreaming of getting Doan (another longshot) and having Saad playing 2C for a top-6 of

Doan-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Saad-Hossa

Two longshots - but that would be nice.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:23 PM
N o o d l e s

I'm not really sure how the Habs can afford to move Plekanec until at least Galchenyuk shows he can be a reliable NHLer. It's not exactly like they have a surplus of centers. I would think if they're moving Plekanec they would want at least someone like Sharp who can play center until Galchenyuk is ready and then can slot over to wing and not lose anything.

Hjalmarsson is a nice piece, sure, but if Markov can actually be healthy for once in his life, Emelin can continue his development and Subban's on the books they have a pretty serviceable defense.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
I'm not really sure how the Habs can afford to move Plekanec until at least Galchenyuk shows he can be a reliable NHLer. It's not exactly like they have a surplus of centers. I would think if they're moving Plekanec they would want at least someone like Sharp who can play center until Galchenyuk is ready and then can slot over to wing and not lose anything.

Hjalmarsson is a nice piece, sure, but if Markov can actually be healthy for once in his life, Emelin can continue his development and Subban's on the books they have a pretty serviceable defense.
We still have Gomez, if he's on a line with Bourque and Gionta there's no reason he can't get 40 - 50 points next season.

Management hasn't given any indication that he won't be given a chance to make the team or that he'll be playing elsewhere. Posters here can pencil in and out whoever they want on their roster cards.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:14 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I think the main question I have is:

Can Stan Bowman trade with any other team that doesn't have an ex-Hawk as a GM??

I mean seriously, Florida (Tallon), Winnipeg (Chevldayoff), and now Montreal (Bergevin)......I heard Bowman and the Hawks have almost zero trading partners...but this is really starting to make me believe that...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:00 AM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I think the main question I have is:

Can Stan Bowman trade with any other team that doesn't have an ex-Hawk as a GM??

I mean seriously, Florida (Tallon), Winnipeg (Chevldayoff), and now Montreal (Bergevin)......I heard Bowman and the Hawks have almost zero trading partners...but this is really starting to make me believe that...
Versteeg to Toronto - not sure if there is ex hawks executive on the leaf staff.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote