Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Brenden Morrow Available for Trade/NYR, SJ, LA, and STL Interested

Old
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
If Shane Doan sticks around, our focus will probably be at center (and probably a cheap to acquire cap dump like Lombardi or Connolly) but if Doan decides to go to another team, I would assume Morrow would be extremely attractive to Maloney and Tippett.

Moving Rundblad for Morrow to replace Doan could be the difference in remaining competitive in a time when we really, really have to matter in our market and taking a huge, crushing step back and killing some of the hockey momentum being built in Phoenix.

Considering it would make essentially end up being Kyle Turris (who would do anything to get out of Phoenix, including holding out and dogging it on the ice to get scratched on purpose) and a 4th for Antoine Vermette and Brenden Morrow, I think we could live with that kind of asset management.

07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
LordHelmet

I haven't read the entire thread, but IMO, Morrow's value is at an all time low. I'm thinking that a 2nd and a cap dump would probably be our return right now.

My thinking is that you start the season with him and hope that he gets his mojo back. If he looks like the Morrow of old, his value as a midseason acquisition or deadline rental skyrockets. Probably up to a 1st and then some.

If he looks like the Morrow of last year, it might decrease to a 3rd + cap dump.

Hanging on to him has little downside, and a huge upside.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Morrow for Rundblad? Where are the papers? Where's the pen? I sign that without hesitation. Even within the division. Phoenix isn't looking like a big threat in the near future. Besides, if Morrow plays like he did for the Stars last season (taking stupid penalties), then that's a plus for Dallas.

From my fantasy hockey readings, before Rundblad was traded to Phoenix from Ottawa, pundits considered him up there with Karlsson in potential offensive ability.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:38 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
Morrow for Rundblad? Where are the papers? Where's the pen? I sign that without hesitation. Even within the division. Phoenix isn't looking like a big threat in the near future. Besides, if Morrow plays like he did for the Stars last season (taking stupid penalties), then that's a plus for Dallas.

From my fantasy hockey readings, before Rundblad was traded to Phoenix from Ottawa, pundits considered him up there with Karlsson in potential offensive ability.
No one at all expected Karlsson to be that good. He's more of a 40 point guy, not a 60+, that's a terrible comparison now.

Back then, though, yea, and for the most part I think most Ottawa fans thought he was the better prospect.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
No one at all expected Karlsson to be that good. He's more of a 40 point guy, not a 60+, that's a terrible comparison now.

Back then, though, yea, and for the most part I think most Ottawa fans thought he was the better prospect.
I realize Karlsson's coming off that monster season but strictly talking about Rundblad, you really have no idea what is ceiling is - nobody does. He could beat expectations just as Karlsson did.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:01 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I realize Karlsson's coming off that monster season but strictly talking about Rundblad, you really have no idea what is ceiling is - nobody does. He could beat expectations just as Karlsson did.
Could, yes. I didn't word that correctly.

But no prospect is gonna be expected to put up numbers like Karlsson did this year. That'd be insane.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Satan
Degausser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Could, yes. I didn't word that correctly.

But no prospect is gonna be expected to put up numbers like Karlsson did this year. That'd be insane.
I will.

Also if we got Rundblad for Morrow I would streak down the road.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote