HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Clowe and Douglas Murray to MTL

Old
07-13-2012, 05:09 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Pacioretty and Diaz or Weber from the Habs makes a lot of sense.
Sorry Leafs fan but Pacioretty isn't going anywhere and will be a pain in the butt for the Leafs for the next 10 years..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:14 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Sorry Leafs fan but Pacioretty isn't going anywhere and will be a pain in the butt for the Leafs for the next 10 years..
Clowe and Murray would be more a pain for leaf fans.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Spokestick

Quote:
He said the next 10 years... Murray'll be out of the league in 5, and I'd rather have Pacioretty than Clowe...

Spokestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
sheed36

Quote:
You better trade Kessel for both to keep that from happening then..

Old
07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Pacioretty is 23 and just came off from a 33 goal season. Something tells me you are strongly under-evaluating him, or just over evaluating the worth of Clowe, who is 29 and hasn't had a 30 goal season so far.

Weber + Pacioretty for Clowe & Murray? No way Jose

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
number72

Quote:
You better trade Kessel for both to keep that from happening then..

People are far too sensitive. The OP said the macarthur was not that impressive a forward. Pacioretty should be read as a compliment. Shame that went over everyone's head.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Pacioretty is 23 and just came off from a 33 goal season. Something tells me you are strongly under-evaluating him, or just over evaluating the worth of Clowe, who is 29 and hasn't had a 30 goal season so far.

Weber + Pacioretty for Clowe & Murray? No way Jose
Heck, I WANT Clowe and Murray but I wouldn't take them both for Pacioretty alone. Of course, it HAD to be a Leafs fan making such an inept proposal

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:57 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Heck, I WANT Clowe and Murray but I wouldn't take them both for Pacioretty alone. Of course, it HAD to be a Leafs fan making such an inept proposal

Why don't we stay on topic at hand - the the trade value instead of attacking fan bases? You are better than this.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:02 PM
sheed36

Quote:
People are far too sensitive. The OP said the macarthur was not that impressive a forward. Pacioretty should be read as a compliment. Shame that went over everyone's head.
Ditto for me saying Kessel..

Old
07-13-2012, 06:04 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Why don't we stay on topic at hand - the the trade value instead of attacking fan bases? You are better than this.
You're such an epic troll, just come out from under the sheep's clothing.

Pacioretty worth way more than Clowe or Murray.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
No matter how much you're a Leaf fan or how much you troll, MacArthur will never be an impressive forward. That's not how the internet or the hockey world works.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
number72

Quote:
Ditto for me saying Kessel..

Fair enough and the OP asked the value if Clowe/Murray was dealt to MTL (and not Leafs). The proposal should focus more on hab players that the Sharks might want for those two players.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:14 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
No matter how much you're a Leaf fan or how much you troll, MacArthur will never be an impressive forward. That's not how the internet or the hockey world works.
Pacioretty is more impressive winger than Macarthur. Leaf fan or not I believe that. And I can't think of another Hab winger that is more "impressive" than Macarthur..maybe Cole?

Old
07-13-2012, 06:23 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Pacioretty is more impressive winger than Macarthur. Leaf fan or not I believe that. And I can't think of another Hab winger that is more "impressive" than Macarthur..maybe Cole?
Are you for real?

Cole, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Gionta are all better hockey players than Mac and it's really not even close. I dare you to challenge me on this point if you're not a troll.

edit: I just saw the "wingers" in your post, in that case remove Pleks and DD. But the Habs in general are pretty starved at the wing position, so then giving away Pacioretty as you suggest becomes even more ridiculous.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Clowe and Murray are not going to be worth Pacioretty alone for an organization like the Habs that should be valuing quality youth at this point.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:53 PM
HockeyFan87

Quote:
JVR and Morgan Reilly from the Leafs makes a lot of sense.

HockeyFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:25 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
JVR and Morgan Reilly from the Leafs makes a lot of sense.
Why don't you post a trade proposal on the main board with that so to not derail this thread? Personallly I don't think Clowe/Murray makes sense for the leafs. They need a 1C not a top rugged winger and bruising dman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Are you for real?

Cole, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Gionta are all better hockey players than Mac and it's really not even close. I dare you to challenge me on this point if you're not a troll.

edit: I just saw the "wingers" in your post, in that case remove Pleks and DD. But the Habs in general are pretty starved at the wing position, so then giving away Pacioretty as you suggest becomes even more ridiculous.
I think the Sharks need to replace Clowe with a winger if he traded to fill the hole. They are deep enough a centre and need a fast winger with scoring touch. But I have a better suggestion why not put a trade proposal together for Clowe + Murray like the OP suggested?

Old
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I think the Sharks need to replace Clowe with a winger if he traded to fill the hole. They are deep enough a centre and need a fast winger with scoring touch. But I have a better suggestion why not put a trade proposal together for Clowe + Murray like the OP suggested?
That would be nice and all but I do not want those players and our team doesn't need them, unless we're somehow in good position by the trade deadline and hope to make noise in the playoffs; we'd be much better served playing our youngsters than trading assets for veterans. Leblanc, Palushaj, are knocking at the door and they're almost NHL ready. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't trade anything for Clowe or Murray. Not even Diaz.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:34 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
No way I'd throw in Demers and a 2nd.
Well than there would be no trade. The Habs aren't going to trade four years of Bourque and two years of Emelin for one year of Clowe and Murray

It is unlikely they would accept this

Clowe, Murray, Demers, and a 2nd for Bourque and Emelin, but at least with Demers and a second there would be a possibility. And for the Sharks it would go a long way to filling both of their major holes.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Well than there would be no trade. The Habs aren't going to trade five years of Bourque and two years of Emelin for one year of Clowe and Murray
I don't like the trade. I don't want five years of Bourque. Emelin is the only good piece but I think we are a better team with Clowe, Murray, and Demers.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:44 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
I don't like the trade. I don't want five years of Bourque. Emelin is the only good piece but I think we are a better team with Clowe, Murray, and Demers.
Why he could be used in a top six role, provide fantastic speed, and help on the PK. There is the bulk of the Sharks holes right there. Do you know how good of a piece Emelin is?

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Why he could be used in a top six role, provide fantastic speed, and help on the PK. There is the bulk of the Sharks holes right there. Do you know how good of a piece Emelin is?
Borque had a terrible year and is being overpaid for 5 more years. I know Emelin is a good piece, but we don't need Dmen. Borque for Murray was a good deal.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:10 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Borque had a terrible year and is being overpaid for 4 more years. I know Emelin is a good piece, but we don't need Dmen. Borque for Murray was a good deal.
fixed it

Old
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That would be nice and all but I do not want those players and our team doesn't need them, unless we're somehow in good position by the trade deadline and hope to make noise in the playoffs; we'd be much better served playing our youngsters than trading assets for veterans. Leblanc, Palushaj, are knocking at the door and they're almost NHL ready. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't trade anything for Clowe or Murray. Not even Diaz.
If this is how you feel than why not express your feelings to the original poster who apparently is a habs fan and feels differently than you. I'm not sure why you guys can't agree among yourself, but did you even read the topic of this thread?

Old
07-13-2012, 09:03 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
If this is how you feel than why not express your feelings to the original poster who apparently is a habs fan and feels differently than you. I'm not sure why you guys can't agree among yourself, but did you even read the topic of this thread?
You have a point there.