Notices

Andersen signed to 2 year deal

Old
07-13-2012, 05:31 PM
SupermanPahlsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Andersen is on 2-way contract. Fasth is 1-way. Also 850k of Andersen's cap hit is bonuses which he may or may not get (they actually rarely earn them).

Fasth will be on the NHL team or traded.
So if Andersen stays in the minors, they only pay his $925K contract, since his $1.755M wouldn't affect the cap at an AHL level? Or am I missing something here?

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
So if Andersen stays in the minors, they only pay his $925K contract, since his $1.755M wouldn't affect the cap at an AHL level? Or am I missing something here?
He's on a two way contract which means if he's in the minors the Ducks only pay him $70,000. Here's a link to his NHL and AHL salary.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
I'm far from a regular here, but he's already left Frolunda (you can look it up on the team's website). I doubt he'll be going back there. Interesting perspective on Andersen is that many in Sweden believe his backup, Magnus Hellberg (Nashville prospect) was a better goalie (a headscratcher, I know).
I think a lot of that is about Hellberg being quite a bit younger, and possibly looking a little more flashy in his style, from all I've read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
So if it turns out Andersen > Fasth, we could end up playing two goalies with one-way contracts in the minors...
Not necessarily. Even if Andersen was > Fasth, he could spent most of his time playing in the minors, and only get called up when he's actually needed to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
For every day Andersen is assigned to the AHL roster, he only makes a day's worth of his AHL salary, which is just $70,000 (for the whole year). [EDIT: Paul beat me to it.]

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Somebody help me out here. I believe Gibson will be playing in the CHL again next year. But where does that leave Andersen, Bobkov, and JDD to play next year if we want them all to get #1 work?

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Somebody help me out here. I believe Gibson will be playing in the CHL again next year. But where does that leave Andersen, Bobkov, and JDD to play next year if we want them all to get #1 work?
That's what I've been wondering and I speculated that Anderson would be sent back to Sweden if he didn't make the NHL. Either that or JDD is moved/loaned to another farm team.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
That's what I've been wondering and I speculated that Anderson would be sent back to Sweden if he didn't make the NHL. Either that or JDD is moved/loaned to another farm team.
Well, according to previous posts he has left his current Swedish team. So does he have anywhere to go back to?

Old
07-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Yeah, that was my line of thinking, as well. And I'm still not sure that SEL won't be an option for him. If he stays over, however, I think he'd be a fixture in Norfolk, and a different place would be looked for for JDD (waiver after goalies go down somewhere in preseason or loan) or Bobkov (loan or trade [long shot]).

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I don't Fasth will be traded, it would make the club look bad after just signing him this summer. It also makes more sense to have Fasth on the bench with the big club than the younger and more talented Andersen. Imo, Andersen was better than Fasth last year, but only has one good year behind him, so playing him in the minors isn't the end of the world. I'm surprised that Andersen would want to play in Norfolk though. When he belong to Carolina, the word was he prefered Frolunda over playing in the AHL.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
To confuse matters more, the Ducks have resigned Marco Cousineau. So either Anderson is going back to Sweden or someone is getting traded. Seems to be the only thing that makes sense.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Well, according to previous posts he has left his current Swedish team. So does he have anywhere to go back to?

Yeah, he left his Swedish team to go here, but he also said at that point, that he COULD return to Frolunda next year if he was sent to AHL. He didn't say that he absolutely would, but that it was still a possibility.

Meanwhile Frolunda has signed yet another goalie, so they have three goalies on their roster, but none of them are as good as Andersen, so I guess two ot the other guys could be loaned out to a club in Allsvenskan (second best league in Sweden) or even possibly released, if Andersen should return.

The situation is really up in the air right now.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
To confuse matters more, the Ducks have resigned Marco Cousineau. So either Anderson is going back to Sweden or someone is getting traded. Seems to be the only thing that makes sense.
I sure don't understand that signing. Even if Andersen goes back to Sweden which is far from certain, they would have Bobkov, JDD, and now Cousineau left needing ice time somewhere. And none of them have any trade value at this point in their career. And what if Anderesen wants to stay in NA and is willing to go to the A, then what? What is Bob up to???

Old
07-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
The Cousineau signing means nothing. Andersen or no Andersen, either way Cousineau is going to be in the ECHL.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
The Cousineau signing means nothing. Andersen or no Andersen, either way Cousineau is going to be in the ECHL.
Pretty much. If Andersen goes back to Sweden, then JDD and Bobkov split AHL duties like JDD and Tarkki did last year for us.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:26 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Yeah, don't we have an ECHL team? Not sure if we lost them or not.

Only doesn't make sense if we don't have an ECHL team.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:00 PM
y0shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I think a lot of that is about Hellberg being quite a bit younger, and possibly looking a little more flashy in his style, from all I've read.

Not necessarily. Even if Andersen was > Fasth, he could spent most of his time playing in the minors, and only get called up when he's actually needed to play.

For every day Andersen is assigned to the AHL roster, he only makes a day's worth of his AHL salary, which is just $70,000 (for the whole year). [EDIT: Paul beat me to it.]
I think it's the fact that Andersen was a 7th rounder playing out of Denmark while Hellberg was a 2nd rounder. Even after putting up huge numbers in the SEL, it seems that most people feel that's the best he will be.

In other news, Ducks also signed Marco Cousineau and now have 7 goalies in their system.

y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
I think it's the fact that Andersen was a 7th rounder playing out of Denmark while Hellberg was a 2nd rounder. Even after putting up huge numbers in the SEL, it seems that most people feel that's the best he will be.

In other news, Ducks also signed Marco Cousineau and now have 7 goalies in their system.
I really hope that BM knows that only one goalie at the time can stand between the pipes.

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Better to have more than less. I'm glad Bob remembers how our lack of goaltending depth hurt us a couple years ago.

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote