HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks sign Hampus Lindholm to ELC

Old
07-13-2012, 06:33 PM
sayheykid

vCash: 500
A ton of upside. I was really hoping he would get to one of Tampa Bay's picks.

sayheykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
His style was compared to Pietrangelo's, not his skill level.
Well, if he was an 18 year old already as good as a number one defenseman on a very good NHL team, I don't think he'd be available at 6th overall.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindholm get the nine game look, considering the Ducks' defense right now. If he holds his own I can easily see him staying. If not Sweden for another year isn't a bad thing.

We can already tell that he's an incredible athlete.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindholm get the nine game look, considering the Ducks' defense right now. If he holds his own I can easily see him staying. If not Sweden for another year isn't a bad thing.
Not that I disagree entirely, but I don't think the bolded thing actually is a part of it. With Fowler/Beauch, Sbisa/Allen and Souray/Lydman there is a fine argument to be made that it lacks quality at the top, but the depth isn't really bad in a way that makes it easy for an 18-year old to just grab a spot. Especially with most of those guys making decent money on one-way deals, whereas Lindholm would not be hurt developmentally by just being kept in the SEL for a year. Him actually forcing the Ducks into keeping him around and playing him would probably give the Ducks some headaches. Good ones, but headaches.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post

We can already tell that he's an incredible athlete.
He'd have to overtake Vatanen first...

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Lindholm is definitely not a need for this season. The Ducks have already put together a blue line that doesn't need him, or Vatanen for that matter. If either one of them earn spots on the team, it will be because they deserve it.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He'd have to overtake Vatanen first...
Not necessarily. Vatanen is an undersized offensive defenseman. Lindholm has NHL size, and would be looked to fill a more defensive role out of the gate. They would be fighting for different spots.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Not necessarily. Vatanen is an undersized offensive defenseman. Lindholm has NHL size, and would be looked to fill a more defensive role out of the gate. They would be fighting for different spots.
He's about he same height if not a whole one centimeter taller than Visnovsky, right handed shoot and a world class skater. He's your Erik Karlsson.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He's about he same height if not a whole one centimeter taller than Visnovsky, right handed shoot and a world class skater. He's your Erik Karlsson.
Don't get us wrong, we love having him. But there's no Visnvosky for him to beat out for a spot on the team, right now, for example. Not saying he won't make it, but what Sojourn says is right - they are not necessarily competing for the same spot. They are not quite the same kind of player. We love to have them both, though.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
This is the key. If a rookie is going to play his way on to the blueline this year it will be for his defensive play, not his offensive play.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Hampe will be better. I actually think when all is set and done, he will be the Ducks #1 D-Man.
Thats an interesting thing to say...

Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
This is the key. If a rookie is going to play his way on to the blueline this year it will be for his defensive play, not his offensive play.
To be honest, I am not sure about that, either. (Yes, I'm basically arguing against everything. ) In Fowler, we have only one real puckmover on our top-6. I do believe that Boudreau will want Sbisa to show his puck-moving side a lot more than he did in his reduced game he had for a lot of the past two seasons, but who knows if he'll be able to bring that all of a sudden? He's still a two way guy, probably. Then we have Beauchemin (Fowler's partner), and Allen and Lydman aren't puckmovers, at all. Souray often gets brough up in that sense, but I'm not sure he really is that, these days. I just think I wouldn't be surprised to see our staff feel like we could actually need one more guy that can rush the puck up the ice or make a strong first pass a little more than one that's solid on the defensive side.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
To be honest, I am not sure about that, either. (Yes, I'm basically arguing against everything. ) In Fowler, we have only one real puckmover on our top-6. I do believe that Boudreau will want Sbisa to show his puck-moving side a lot more than he did in his reduced game he had for a lot of the past two seasons, but who knows if he'll be able to bring that all of a sudden? He's still a two way guy, probably. Then we have Beauchemin (Fowler's partner), and Allen and Lydman aren't puckmovers, at all. Souray often gets brough up in that sense, but I'm not sure he really is that, these days. I just think I wouldn't be surprised to see our staff feel like we could actually need one more guy that can rush the puck up the ice or make a strong first pass a little more than one that's solid on the defensive side.
I hear what you are saying but I really hope we don't rush a guy who's D is not ready just for the sake of potentially a little more offense. I think that could really hurt a young player's mental development. Would the offense be nice to have? Yes. Would I rush somebody for it? No. On the other hand if anybody plays real solid D I'd be more inclined to give him a shot first. Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:41 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Hampe will be better. I actually think when all is set and done, he will be the Ducks #1 D-Man.
Man...I was super excited for Fowler. I was one of his biggest homers, and I never said anything like this.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I hear what you are saying but I really hope we don't rush a guy who's D is not ready just for the sake of potentially a little more offense. I think that could really hurt a young player's mental development. Would the offense be nice to have? Yes. Would I rush somebody for it? No. On the other hand if anybody plays real solid D I'd be more inclined to give him a shot first. Just my 1/50th of a dollar.
Yeah, I have no issues with that myself. At the end of the day, it will all be a lot more grey than black/white on the ice, and it will be a lot about the combination of just how much offense a guy can provide for just how little defensive play we should expect to lose. I don't think either guy in contention is completely inept defensively, but it's not difficult to see the upside in having them develop in their seemingly designated spots for a year (or a possibly a bit shorter for Vatanen). With the look of our current top-6, the good thing is that these guys will really have to force our coaches' hand, and the likeliness of making a decision that doesn't look at what's best for them long-term should be pretty limited.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:50 PM
I Need Quackers

I know this isn't the Bobby thread; but do you think that we may be looking into packaging one of Sbisa or Lydman (assuming Fowler and Beauch are untouchable) along with Bobby for a bigger fish?

This, of course, is all dependent upon Laundry Hamper proving he should stick around and pushes someone (including Sami) out of a roster spot.

I Need Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Need Quackers View Post
I know this isn't the Bobby thread; but do you think that we may be looking into packaging one of Sbisa or Lydman (assuming Fowler and Beauch are untouchable) along with Bobby for a bigger fish?

This, of course, is all dependent upon Laundry Hamper proving he should stick around and pushes someone (including Sami) out of a roster spot.
I don't think Lydman, while not without value, is the type of asset that gets you up one tier from Bobby Ryan, so to say. With Sbisa, I could see that, but I doubt we'd give him up, and I'm not sure there are any bigger fish to reel in out there that would make sense.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
momo

Awesome.

He'll look great in Duck's back end with Schultz.

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:02 PM
RaskY
GLG

I think Lindholm will pan out very well for Anaheim. This was a great pick.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
Awesome.

He'll look great in Duck's back end with Schultz.
That shot is kind of backfiring. This kind of situation is probably among the reasons Schultz today is where he is. There's another highly talented guy he'd have to beat out for a spot on an NHL roster. But this thread is on Lindholm, and that's about all track there is to cover on Schultz in this regard.

Old
07-14-2012, 12:50 AM
HockeyShack

vCash: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
That shot is kind of backfiring. This kind of situation is probably among the reasons Schultz today is where he is. There's another highly talented guy he'd have to beat out for a spot on an NHL roster. But this thread is on Lindholm, and that's about all track there is to cover on Schultz in this regard.
Really, do you even follow anything seriously about the Ducks at all?

Prior to Schultz making his decision, he had a spot ready for him. After he decided to *bail*, they went and signed 2 defenseman.

Back on topic now,

Everything I've read says the kid will challenge for a spot, which means he is a 6/7 dman or the ducks are trading a D.

HockeyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:23 AM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Brilliant post kind sir. I loved the part where you chastised him for "not following the team" then comparing the Ducks blueline prior the Schultzgate to the current blueline core.

Schultz having a spot when brookbank was the 6th guy doesn't compare to the blueline we have now.

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Souray-Lydman

No way does Anaheim hinder lindholm's potential by keeping him as a 7th guy. They might let him dip his feet in for 9 games while Beauchemin recovers from surgery, but otherwise dont count on it.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:35 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Is he ready or is he going back to SEL?

07-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Is he ready or is he going back to SEL?
Well he said he is coming over to try and take a spot but I'm thinking he is also willing to spend time in the AHL if he doesn't go back to Sweden. He might need a little time in the AHL but so far he has done nothing but really impress everyone in Anaheim to get this far.

http://hd.se/sport/2012/07/13/lindho...-nhl-kontrakt/

Quote:
– Yes, I'm leaving Rögle to try take a spot in Anaheim. This is really big, but just a start and you shouldn't get too excited. No clapping hands and cheering before you actually take the step and play a couple of games. It won't be easy.
Quote:
Level of play has to come from within and it felt good at [development] camp. I know they believe in me and the feeling is good. I've been thinking about this for quite a while now and when the chance came up I found no reason to say no [to going overseas]. I'm just gonna go out and do my best.
Thanks to joe89 for the quick quotes on the Ducks board.

07-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Im pretty sure someone of the old guys Souray, Lydman and Allen will get injured at some point. Vatanen and possibly Lindholm will get the chance to show what they got.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote