HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Actually, surprising as it is it is for everything. My wife is vegan, but I love my eggs, cheese and milk. It's pretty sad how we treat our animals. I was giving my dogs some raw ground beef and to think it came from a cow was nauseating. Mexican and Thai foods are heaven for vegetarians like scottrocks and me.
Replied in OT thread

Old
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

The fact that the conversation has moved to arena concessions and dietary preferences must be seen as good news as it relates to the thread topic

Old
07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
manisback121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Killion, have you been to the jobing recently? Those nachos are the only edible thing there. No matter how bad they may look, the other food is much, much worse.

Hot dogs? Even on $1 night my teen son couldn't bring himself to finish one.
Philly cheesesteak? Super salty and we both ended up in the bathroom by second period, holding on to the railings in the stalls and crying for mama.
Pizza? Real papa johns pizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the congealed yucky mess sold in jobing.

Add to that the painfully slow service and it just makes you want to cry.
At least the bathrooms can sustain the power of the explosive cheesesteak sliders

Old
07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
DesertDawg

The only thing slower than the service at the JOB is the BofG okaying this deal! What's the hold up? Any other attempts at derailment won't hold up in court!

Old
07-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The only thing slower than the service at the JOB is the BofG okaying this deal! What's the hold up? Any other attempts at derailment won't hold up in court!
As I mentioned before, if both sides are trying to close the deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Jamison is trying to lower the asking price. If that is the case, them we are ****ed as I don't see the price coming down at all.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:21 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
As I mentioned before, if both sides are trying to close the deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Jamison is trying to lower the asking price. If that is the case, them we are ****ed as I don't see the price coming down at all.
If that's the case, I hope he's doing it to be able to spend more on players to make a splash this season than because he doesn't have the financing for the current price. Whatever it is, I wish they'd let us know something. They could come out and say they are working on the final details now that the legal plays have been defeated.

I didn't renew my tickets because of this mess. If I send in my ACH form by the end of the weekend, I'll get seats only 4 rows back from my old seats, C to G. I was hoping we'd hear something positive like Doan signing because he was confident the deal would go through. I really don't want to spend $4300 for another year in limbo with the roster the way it stands now with a couple more scrap heap roster fillers before the start of the season.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Food issues aren't unique to the Job. When you have one vendor for a captive audience of thousands of people who have nowhere else to eat or drink for upwards of three hours, what possible incentive do you have to produce anything of quality?
Sadly, this might be true. It does not have to be this way, though. With a responsible, engaged operations manager, the food in an arena can be of very decent quality. The pricing is fairly high and a major international outfit like Aramark the logistics and purchasing power are in place to provide a very good product.

People are not looking for fine dining during the 1st intermission, but food should be perceived good quality and value.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:38 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
If that's the case, I hope he's doing it to be able to spend more on players to make a splash this season than because he doesn't have the financing for the current price. Whatever it is, I wish they'd let us know something. They could come out and say they are working on the final details now that the legal plays have been defeated.

I didn't renew my tickets because of this mess. If I send in my ACH form by the end of the weekend, I'll get seats only 4 rows back from my old seats, C to G. I was hoping we'd hear something positive like Doan signing because he was confident the deal would go through. I really don't want to spend $4300 for another year in limbo with the roster the way it stands now with a couple more scrap heap roster fillers before the start of the season.
It's a little to late in free agency to be talking about spending money and if GJ is stalling to get a better deal, then it may backfire. Not signing Doan may result in driving away fans and putting a mediocre product on the ice...

Old
07-13-2012, 08:54 PM
drgregg

Haven't seen this here yet but Lisa Halverstadt's story today said that the tax initiative group has until Monday to sue or their window for challenge closes.

Well, they have now filed their case. The good news is that this sort of thing gets expedited, so it should be before a judge relatively soon.

Last edited by drgregg: 07-13-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old
07-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Killion, have you been to the jobing recently? Those nachos are the only edible thing there.
... not for a few years, but I did try the nacho's. Very tasty. Served on real china. I think RR's got it right. They
should lease some space out to Big Earl. His World Famous Machaca Chimichangas & Big Kahuna Burgers'.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:48 PM
fyrescorp

Please don't move. I'm a Kings fan but I love Phoenix and the arena in Glendale. Margaritaville is great and the $20 valet parking is epic, plus I have a free place to stay with a car to drive. I even enjoy the Coyote fans I sit around, way smarter than Duck fans, so PLEASE don't go anywhere. I'll sign anything.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Haven't seen this here yet but Lisa Halverstadt's story today said that the tax initiative group has until Monday to sue or their window for challenge closes.

Well, they have now filed their case. The good news is that this sort of thing gets expedited, so it should be before a judge relatively soon.
Well it can get in line behind the suit on the State's 1% sales tax petition that was thrown out. I havent been this interested in the court system since the People's Court went off the air.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:28 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
"Every petition circulated contained the full text of the initiative for every voter to read," he said in the statement. "It doesn't take a law degree to read the initiative and understand what it does."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz20Z1PhkRe
It also doesn't take a law degree to read that little booklet the secritary of state authored that explains the process quite clearly. Page 6 tells you that you have to amend your committee name to include the serial number.

It also doesn't take a law degree to read their 100 word statement and conclude that they are trying to accomplish both a referendum and initiative which logically impossible to achieve in one act.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:34 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well it can get in line behind the suit on the State's 1% sales tax petition that was thrown out. I havent been this interested in the court system since the People's Court went off the air.
No kidding, I know more about politics and the legal system in AZ and Glendale in particular than I know about either in my hometown.

People's Court, I used to be more into Judge Judy, but you gotta love Harvey Levin.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:36 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
It also doesn't take a law degree to read that little booklet the secritary of state authored that explains the process quite clearly. Page 6 tells you that you have to amend your committee name to include the serial number.

It also doesn't take a law degree to read their 100 word statement and conclude that they are trying to accomplish both a referendum and initiative which logically impossible to achieve in one act.
Credit where it's due, you did nail it in your long post the other day. Hope this is dismissed quickly and decisively. Although my understanding is that it really has no effect on the current tax increase anyway, right TT?

Old
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I just don't see how either the initiative or the referndum have any solid footing. The PAC, coincidentily, talked with the same election law attorney last week that Lisa H talked with in her last two stories. He didn't review the sale sax initiative, but both efforts failed to amend their committee within 5 days to include the serial number. The attorney stated quite clear that in the case of the referendum that the lack of a 100 word statement on file was quite insurmountable.

In the case of the sales tax group they spent a small fortune paying to collect those signatures ($4-5/ signature) and now they are going to pay an attorney to litigate, all they had to do is spend a few minutes reading that secritary of state booklet. It really doesn't take an attorney to read and understand it.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:50 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
People's court is still on. Judge milian, the hottest judge on television. Chanel 5 at 3pm az time.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:10 PM
yotesreign

never mind.

I watch People's Court when I can. Judge Milian is fun to watch.

Old
07-14-2012, 01:26 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Please don't move. I'm a Kings fan but I love Phoenix and the arena in Glendale. Margaritaville is great and the $20 valet parking is epic, plus I have a free place to stay with a car to drive. I even enjoy the Coyote fans I sit around, way smarter than Duck fans, so PLEASE don't go anywhere. I'll sign anything.
Will you sign a check for 170 million? More importantly, are you good for it?

Old
07-14-2012, 01:39 AM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Before we get back on topic, I think this pic is relevant to the topic on the paw patrol girls. I mean I'm sure you're all amazing looking guys right?! lol

Attachment 57645
That is funny!

Old
07-14-2012, 04:56 AM
fishbert

All this People's Court talk and no love for the OG, Judge Wapner?! What's this world coming to?

Old
07-14-2012, 01:28 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
All this People's Court talk and no love for the OG, Judge Wapner?! What's this world coming to?
Might as well pine for Perry Mason and say there hasn't been any lawyer dramas on tv since Perry got shot and had to quit law and become Ironside and no cop shows since Adam 12 went dark.

Wapner, Robert Downey Jr, Phil Donahue, Mike Douglass - not exacly the Golden Age of television.

Sorrty for indulging in the OT - since this is the last thread, figure a little OT can't hurt...

Old
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Wapner, Robert Downey Jr, Phil Donahue, Mike Douglass - not exacly the Golden Age of television.
Wow - Ironman had a talk show

Methinks you meant Morton Downey Jr:

Old
07-14-2012, 06:33 PM
fyrescorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Will you sign a check for 170 million? More importantly, are you good for it?
Yes and No. If you would have asked yesterday I would have signed a check on the spot, but at the time I typed that I was in a Jack Daniels haze.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:00 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
Wow - Ironman had a talk show

Methinks you meant Morton Downey Jr:

Yeppers, that's the guy... ol' 'I got attacked in a bathroom by some skinheads and they painted a shwasticka on my forehead... Weird, huh? What? whaddya mean, it's backwards. I looked at it in a mirror it's not backwards....' Morton.

Closed Thread