HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

View Poll Results: Does the MHL need a NEW thread for the 2013/2014 season?
Yes, it would be more convinient 1 25.00%
No, lets keep everything in one place 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 01:04 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
yep, I forgot Dinamo Riga, my bad

Old
07-03-2012, 05:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

St Pete Lions (Silver Lions) new logo

Old
07-03-2012, 07:08 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
mass exodus from Khimik continues, MHL-b may be looming.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
CHL import draft is feasting on the MHL...
you've got it relatively mild actually... 20 guys drafted from almost 30 MHL teams I believe.

At the same time there are 4 Latvians all from HK Riga, all of them will be leaving... Lipsbergs (94), Jevpalovs (94), Kulda (94), Rosinskis (94)... the guys that should have been the future of the club...

Considering that Kuzmenkov (93) goes to Liepaja playing for Belarus league club and his original youth club, guys like Andersons (Switzerland, 93), Dashutin (MVD, 93), Klavins (J20 Elitserien, 93) are already long time abroad, as well as drafted and already with entry level NHL deals Pelss (92) and Girgensons (94), and Blueger (94)... and Kolesnikov (QMJHL, 92) who left last year, Kenins (NLA, 91)....

So there you can see with what kind of ''future'' Dinamo Riga is left... ok, some of these guys might return either to MHL club or to Dinamo Riga later but while with you guys, in Russia, someone always leaves but many stay, in Latvia for Dinamo ALL TALENTED YOUTH ALWAYS LEAVE.... and all that's left is 2nd rate guys even for Latvia's standard. So then you try to compete in MHL...

At the moment it is hard to imagine what will HK Riga be like this year. The 94 line is destroyed, only Jeliseev left, ok we have Rihards Bukarts now, couple of 2nd rate 94s from HK Juniors (HK Riga farm) and some of 93s who were never that good year and the best (as I mentioned, Dashutin, Andersons, Klavins) are already abroad.... Upītis and Bičevskis as 91 who will pobably be playing in Dinamo Riga more anyways, Podzins (92) who lacks motivation at any level lower than KHL... and a bunch of talented, yeah, but still young 95s... On the one hand we can dance in joy that it will really look like U20 team where prospects will be able to play, on the other hand...what kind of prospects and for what future, except Bukarts and other 2 guys bon 95 + 2 overagers there are prospects for Belarus league. I don't expect much joy watching them play this year... and who can say that Rihards Bukarts or Golovkovs, other 95 talents won't leave the team next year after a successful season...

Old
07-14-2012, 02:28 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
you've got it relatively mild actually... 20 guys drafted from almost 30 MHL teams I believe.

At the same time there are 4 Latvians all from HK Riga, all of them will be leaving... Lipsbergs (94), Jevpalovs (94), Kulda (94), Rosinskis (94)... the guys that should have been the future of the club...

Considering that Kuzmenkov (93) goes to Liepaja playing for Belarus league club and his original youth club, guys like Andersons (Switzerland, 93), Dashutin (MVD, 93), Klavins (J20 Elitserien, 93) are already long time abroad, as well as drafted and already with entry level NHL deals Pelss (92) and Girgensons (94), and Blueger (94)... and Kolesnikov (QMJHL, 92) who left last year, Kenins (NLA, 91)....

So there you can see with what kind of ''future'' Dinamo Riga is left... ok, some of these guys might return either to MHL club or to Dinamo Riga later but while with you guys, in Russia, someone always leaves but many stay, in Latvia for Dinamo ALL TALENTED YOUTH ALWAYS LEAVE.... and all that's left is 2nd rate guys even for Latvia's standard. So then you try to compete in MHL...

At the moment it is hard to imagine what will HK Riga be like this year. The 94 line is destroyed, only Jeliseev left, ok we have Rihards Bukarts now, couple of 2nd rate 94s from HK Juniors (HK Riga farm) and some of 93s who were never that good year and the best (as I mentioned, Dashutin, Andersons, Klavins) are already abroad.... Upītis and Bičevskis as 91 who will pobably be playing in Dinamo Riga more anyways, Podzins (92) who lacks motivation at any level lower than KHL... and a bunch of talented, yeah, but still young 95s... On the one hand we can dance in joy that it will really look like U20 team where prospects will be able to play, on the other hand...what kind of prospects and for what future, except Bukarts and other 2 guys bon 95 + 2 overagers there are prospects for Belarus league. I don't expect much joy watching them play this year... and who can say that Rihards Bukarts or Golovkovs, other 95 talents won't leave the team next year after a successful season...
I hear you, but it's never been about success of MHL team right? There are only so many competative options for our kids at home so this exodus will simply offer chance to break through to new set of players. Who would of thought that our kids line will be able to excel like that? They got noticed and now they have a great option to prove themselves at a new level (or different settings if someone doesn't think CHL is still better league). Hopefully if all the names you named doesn't succeed in their respective foreign teams, they'll still have a chance to fall back at Dinamo either way.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I hear you, but it's never been about success of MHL team right? There are only so many competative options for our kids at home so this exodus will simply offer chance to break through to new set of players. Who would of thought that our kids line will be able to excel like that? They got noticed and now they have a great option to prove themselves at a new level (or different settings if someone doesn't think CHL is still better league). Hopefully if all the names you named doesn't succeed in their respective foreign teams, they'll still have a chance to fall back at Dinamo either way.
Of course but I am still waiting for that young talent who would be willing and able to prove that you can grow NHL superstar in Latvia... As people are using this ''In Latvia there are no coaches and no chance to develop into a great player'' slogan for 10 years already, as a basis of that claim mentioning the fact that Karsums, Daugavins, Bartulis, Kulda, Darzins developed in CHL... when NO PLAYER OF QUALITY actually was left in Latvia to develop in these years, so we can't compare how would they do vs those who went to CHL.

Indrasis brief moments of brilliance at this year's WC (who has all his career been based in Latvia), despite him being only a subpar talent only made me lean more towards the ''CHL ruins talents'' camp here...

I don't believe and never have believed the fact that in Latvia there are no good coaches. If there were none, we would not have Balderis before, Irbe, Ozolins, Zholtock or Skrastins who played very well in NHL... Also if we talk about recent CHL "success stories'' and mention Daugavins, Karsums, Bārtulis.... sorry but are they success stories? When they left Latvia, they had a potential to reach more than the 4th line in NHL....

Sure it's great that scouts will see those guys next year and maybe draft somebody too, but... Do we need high drafts or quality players? Karsums was a 2nd round pick, Bartulis and Daugavins 3rd, I believe... I can name 2 Belorussians who never went CHL, were drafted lower but are more influential in NHL now than these guys will ever be...

Maybe Rihards Bukarts will develop into something special, Georgs Golovkovs, the sensation of last years U18.... while maturing in Latvia, playing for Dinamo until the age of 20 or more and then going to NHL.

I also can't understand the strange fascination with AHL in Latvia. If we would ask a Swede or a Russian, where would they like their Girgensons to develop if they are not in NHL already at the age of 18, the answer would probably be the local club in these countries.... In Latvia, even if Dinamo Riga somehow got back the rights to Girgs from CSKA and Zemgus would be wiling to play in Dinamo, I think the fans would get heart attack when hearing that their golden boy left superior foreign fairytale league AHL to play for drab and cold ''bears skating on ice'' Dinamo Riga in joke league KHL..... When Rihards Bukarts signed with Dinamo there was also this feeling that fans were already writing off the player. For what reason?? It's unexplainable... We want Dinamo to succeed and win the cup one day, we know that we don't have money to buy superstars, we know we don't want only foreigners to play there and would like to keep the number to the current 5-6 preferably but... we don't want our players to develop in Dinamo system. So what do we want actually?

Old
07-15-2012, 08:09 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Of course but I am still waiting for that young talent who would be willing and able to prove that you can grow NHL superstar in Latvia... As people are using this ''In Latvia there are no coaches and no chance to develop into a great player'' slogan for 10 years already, as a basis of that claim mentioning the fact that Karsums, Daugavins, Bartulis, Kulda, Darzins developed in CHL... when NO PLAYER OF QUALITY actually was left in Latvia to develop in these years, so we can't compare how would they do vs those who went to CHL.

Indrasis brief moments of brilliance at this year's WC (who has all his career been based in Latvia), despite him being only a subpar talent only made me lean more towards the ''CHL ruins talents'' camp here...

I don't believe and never have believed the fact that in Latvia there are no good coaches. If there were none, we would not have Balderis before, Irbe, Ozolins, Zholtock or Skrastins who played very well in NHL... Also if we talk about recent CHL "success stories'' and mention Daugavins, Karsums, Bārtulis.... sorry but are they success stories? When they left Latvia, they had a potential to reach more than the 4th line in NHL....

Sure it's great that scouts will see those guys next year and maybe draft somebody too, but... Do we need high drafts or quality players? Karsums was a 2nd round pick, Bartulis and Daugavins 3rd, I believe... I can name 2 Belorussians who never went CHL, were drafted lower but are more influential in NHL now than these guys will ever be...

Maybe Rihards Bukarts will develop into something special, Georgs Golovkovs, the sensation of last years U18.... while maturing in Latvia, playing for Dinamo until the age of 20 or more and then going to NHL.

I also can't understand the strange fascination with AHL in Latvia. If we would ask a Swede or a Russian, where would they like their Girgensons to develop if they are not in NHL already at the age of 18, the answer would probably be the local club in these countries.... In Latvia, even if Dinamo Riga somehow got back the rights to Girgs from CSKA and Zemgus would be wiling to play in Dinamo, I think the fans would get heart attack when hearing that their golden boy left superior foreign fairytale league AHL to play for drab and cold ''bears skating on ice'' Dinamo Riga in joke league KHL..... When Rihards Bukarts signed with Dinamo there was also this feeling that fans were already writing off the player. For what reason?? It's unexplainable... We want Dinamo to succeed and win the cup one day, we know that we don't have money to buy superstars, we know we don't want only foreigners to play there and would like to keep the number to the current 5-6 preferably but... we don't want our players to develop in Dinamo system. So what do we want actually?
This,million times this,you are right on the spot with this observation,i was absolutley stunned when fans already wrote off bukarts when he didnt went the chl route,i mean look at grandlund,tarasenko,kuzentsov, did they go to chl? no,are they gonna be superb players in NHL? absolutley,but to be fair to the fans you shouldnt be basing your opinion by just reading immature teenagers at sportcentre.

Last edited by BalticWarrior: 07-15-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old
07-18-2012, 09:16 AM
cska78

I know we have bookworms here...so are the MHL teams allowed to have 1991 born players? first they banned it, then they said that only teams that don't have a KHL affiliate are allowed to do that, what now?

Old
07-18-2012, 09:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I know we have bookworms here...so are the MHL teams allowed to have 1991 born players? first they banned it, then they said that only teams that don't have a KHL affiliate are allowed to do that, what now?
nobody banned 1991 as I know, it was only idea for future.

Quote:
В матчах Чемпионата принимают участие хоккеисты в возрасте от 17 лет (1995 года рождения) до 21 года (1991 года рождения) включительно. При этом количество хоккеистов 1991 года рождения в самостоятельных клубах не более 4 человек. Количество хоккеистов 1991 года рождения в клубах, имеющих команду КХЛ/ВХЛ не более 3 человек. С письменного разрешения МХЛ, после прохождения медицинского обследования в одном из лечебных учреждений, рекомендованных Медицинским центром КХЛ, допускается участие в матчах хоккеистов в возрасте 16 лет (1996 года рождения) без ограничения их количества.
http://mhl.khl.ru/upload/MHL/upload2...nt_2012_13.pdf

So, 1991-1995 (1996 after medical tests)
Maximum of 4 kids born 1991 if club is NOT affiliated to VHL/KHL club
Maximum of 3 kids born 1991 if club IS affiliated to VHL/KHL club

Old
07-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Well, it is better than 5 player limit in the previous years, but it is still too high. 1-2 guys for independent teams and no '91s for teams with affiliates sounds right.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Well, it is better than 5 player limit in the previous years, but it is still too high. 1-2 guys for independent teams and no '91s for teams with affiliates sounds right.
this I want

Old
07-18-2012, 09:58 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
I agree with this idea

Old
07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
BalticWarrior

******* its going to be exciting watching Rihards Bukarts this season in HK Riga,cant wait

Old
07-24-2012, 07:59 AM
ozo

Has there been any rumours about Balrica Vilnius of MHL B. Haven't heard a thing about them, will they still be participating? Saw one of their players signing a deal in Slovakia, not sure he was still MHL eligible, but this silence doesn't look encouraging.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:06 AM
cska78

Quote:
Has there been any rumours about Balrica Vilnius of MHL B. Haven't heard a thing about them, will they still be participating? Saw one of their players signing a deal in Slovakia, not sure he was still MHL eligible, but this silence doesn't look encouraging.
nope. Stal'nie L'vy (used to be a Mechel's mlb-b) are now becoming an MHL-B team for Izhstal' and stal'nie izhi are done.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:19 AM
ozo

Quote:
nope. Stal'nie L'vy (used to be a Mechel's mlb-b) are now becoming an MHL-B team for Izhstal' and stal'nie izhi are done.
So where this Izhstal's MHL side will be based, in Chelyabinsk or Izhevsk?

Old
07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
cska78

Quote:
So where this Izhstal's MHL side will be based, in Chelyabinsk or Izhevsk?
idk...just read this info on mhl web-site.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:34 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
As I know all Slovaks left Baltica.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:40 PM
croAVSfan*

Patriot Budapest new team in MHL

http://jegkorong.blog.hu/2012/07/24/..._mhl-ben_indul

Old
07-24-2012, 02:20 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
really?

Old
07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
croAVSfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
really?
Dont speak hungarian, just copied link from another forum

Old
07-24-2012, 06:26 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
MHL-B I hope? they go to the same division with Moldova)

Old
07-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Teragor

Send a message via ICQ to Teragor
New logo of MHL club "Altaiskie Berkuti" (Altai Golden Eagles):

And logo of American football team Philadelphia Eagles:

Find 10 Differences.

Old
07-26-2012, 07:21 AM
cska78

LOL creativity is an interesting thing!

Old
07-27-2012, 07:00 AM
cska78

http://www.allhockey.ru/news/127310/ - new teams in the MHL

Stal'nie Izhi are gone, Baltica is an uknown, so is Kirovo-chepetsk (heard they have troubles too)

Closed Thread