HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier hired as Director of Player Personnel

Old
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 500
As I said, he's not as bad as what people make it seems. But he clearly isn't a guy you want on your team. He's a forever alone guy.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Lining up Cunneyworth to potentially make a move from the Habs? I might need to change my custom user title.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Where does Montreal send the bill for cleaning and fumigation? Gauthier really left a deep down stink in the place.

This is not a reflection of the Hawks, more about a closed league that recycles management and coaches over and over at the expense of new talent and ideas.

Hey, Montreal took back Michel Therrien, a coach they deemed unqualified almost a decade ago.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:49 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Where does Montreal send the bill for cleaning and fumigation? Gauthier really left a deep down stink in the place.

This is not a reflection of the Hawks, more about a closed league that recycles management and coaches over and over at the expense of new talent and ideas.

Hey, Montreal took back Michel Therrien, a coach they deemed unqualified almost a decade ago.
Recycling does happen. Horrible FA acquisitions. Hopefully Bergevin can turn things around. I really liked the Bozon pick in the 3rd. Predraft, I hoped he would get picked by the Habs.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I agree the Canadiens team sucks but he has only been GM for 2 years. That isn't enough time to prove anything. The team was in bad shape when he took over and it is in bad shape still although a lot better with the #3 overall pick. Still, that team needs a lot of work and it certainly wasn't going to be fixed in 2 years. I'm sure in 2014 is when Bergevin will be fired and whoever their coach is now and Habs fans can parade on whatever team's board signs him.

FYI: You don't need to come here and tell us how sorry you feel for us... we don't go to your board and post about how sorry we are for the bleak future of the Habs. Great, you think Gauthier sucks... we read it already from the other 20 Habs posters who came here and said it.
Good luck to the Hawks this coming season. Win the west.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:18 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
The Same coach who's Hab teams were amongst the best special teams in NHL in 2010 and 2011?

The Same guy who got the Habs the farthest they have been in playoffs since 93 playoffs?

Martin is a good coach ,, His sytem works but he has never adjusted to post lockout NHL and incorporated more offensive into it
LOL- you don't have aclue about goat and habs
Hope he becomes your GM -- lol- or atleast hope Bowman listens to him and does what he sais-lol

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Hawkaholic

Gauthier>Bergevin

Habs fans will know this soon enough. I mean, when you sign Brandon Prust to a 2.5mil contract for 4 years, something is wrong with you.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:34 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Gauthier>Bergevin

Habs fans will know this soon enough. I mean, when you sign Brandon Prust to a 2.5mil contract for 4 years, something is wrong with you.
yeah, but the Habs had an unreal draft...no saying it was all Bergevin (or any Bergevin...given he's just shown up there).

we'll see...i don't think there's any reason for negative back and forth b/w Mtl and Chi fans. The big thing that worries me about Gauthier (and while I watch the Habs on the ice I don't pay much attention to their front office) is that Gauthier was apparently involved in Gomez/McD.

...also, just so i can be mocked even more...the banning of cheese of all things on a charter flight leaves me perplexed and confused.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

picking Galchenyuk is not really some good drafting when it's more like a gimme pick at this point.

If the draft is good or not won't be known before 2016

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:00 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
picking Galchenyuk is not really some good drafting when it's more like a gimme pick at this point.

If the draft is good or not won't be known before 2016
100% agree with you re: galchenyuk...for me, he was a 100% perfect pick for the habs - and had they picked anyone else (including forsberg, grig, etc...even gone D with all those players) i would have laughed...but if you look at that draft as a whole it was a good draft for the Habs...Bubba, that simply can't be denied. it's obvious you don't win a draft immediately. nevertheless, if you look at the draft in an immediate sense (which is only what you can do at this point)...Mtl was very smart about things.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:35 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

I think the Bozon pick was more of a perfect match for the Habs. I liked Bozon predraft and had hoped the Habs would select him.

Lotto picks should be solid picks but as far as #3s or lotto picks, not always. Don't remind me of Cam Barker. From a point production standpoint, the pickings were slim after Ovechkin and Malkin. A bad draft year.

Cant say who has a better drafting record between Gauthier and Kelly. Im not impressed with either.