HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Clowe and Douglas Murray to MTL

Old
07-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
If this is how you feel than why not express your feelings to the original poster who apparently is a habs fan and feels differently than you. I'm not sure why you guys can't agree among yourself, but did you even read the topic of this thread?
The problem is that some Habs fans think we are a non-playoff team due to last year's collapse, whereas most other Habs fans recognize we really are only a healthy season and a couple of key payers shy of truly competing. This is a better team than the one that took the Bruins to a 7 game overtime battle. All we need is for Markov to stay healthy, Gionta to stay healthy, and a guy like Clowe to play with Pleks and Gionta or to play with Eller to have a real shot at doing some damage in the playoffs. Bringing Prust into the fold to help White and Moen will be huge for us, as well. So, as a Habs fan who is convinced we CAN compete this season, I want Clowe for our top 6.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
I'll tell you what

To Sharks

Bourque

and

Emelin

To Habs

Clowe

and

Murray

Would much rather do the agreed upon (with most Sabres fans) Clowe + Murray for Stafford + Leopold swap.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:51 AM
otto bond

On the Montreal board, there was something about Marleau and a Dman being available. My proposal was Eller+Bourque+one of Tinordi/Beaulieu plus any prospect not named Galchenyuk, Leblanc or Gallagher for Marleau and Murray.
For Clowe and Murray, I would do something around Bourque, Weber,Palushaj and a 2nd pick or Kristo....more likely not enough.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:58 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
On the Montreal board, there was something about Marleau and a Dman being available. My proposal was Eller+Bourque+one of Tinordi/Beaulieu plus any prospect not named Galchenyuk, Leblanc or Gallagher for Marleau and Murray.
For Clowe and Murray, I would do something around Bourque, Weber,Palushaj and a 2nd pick or Kristo....more likely not enough.
Don't want Borque, overpaid and incredibly inconsistent.

That package isn't anywhere near enough for Marleau. You are looking at value for your team, I get it, but you just made the Sharks worse next year and I don't think thats debatable. Any trade that makes us worse immediately is out of the question. We are not rebuilding.

Also, for the millionth time I swear, we don't want Weber, at all. We have absolutely NO use for him and no interest in him.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
So this was your proposal:

Marleau
Murray

Beaulieu
Eller
Leblanc
Borque

I'd probably take this trade if the Sharks were going to start a rebuild, but since we are still in a win now mode we will need Marleau to win it all.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:53 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
So this was your proposal:

Marleau
Murray

Beaulieu
Eller
LeblancBorque

I'd probably take this trade if the Sharks were going to start a rebuild, but since we are still in a win now mode we will need Marleau to win it all.
remove this prospect and add an other one not name Galchenyuk, Gallagher

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
remove this prospect and add an other one not name Galchenyuk, Gallagher
Palushaj then. But that doesn't matter since we aren't rebuilding.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:04 AM
HockeyFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
The problem is that some Habs fans think we are a non-playoff team due to last year's collapse, whereas most other Habs fans recognize we really are only a healthy season and a couple of key payers shy of truly competing. This is a better team than the one that took the Bruins to a 7 game overtime battle. All we need is for Markov to stay healthy, Gionta to stay healthy, and a guy like Clowe to play with Pleks and Gionta or to play with Eller to have a real shot at doing some damage in the playoffs. Bringing Prust into the fold to help White and Moen will be huge for us, as well. So, as a Habs fan who is convinced we CAN compete this season, I want Clowe for our top 6.
There is a difference between what you and those fans think and what management really think, I think.

The thing is nobody here knows for sure what management really think but the moves made so far suggest that Bergevin and his staff may not think like you.

HockeyFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:24 AM
JayB

Clowe and Murray to Philly, what is the value?

Bourdon/Gustafsson
Read
+

??

Look our defenders after that:

Timonen-Mezzarov
Coburn-Grosman
Schenn-Murray
Gervais

How is Clowe´s skating ability ? Is that good enough our system?

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:18 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I think we can compete for the playoffs and not be a lottery team, but not compete for the cup or anything. I said if we are in nice position, then yeah let's bring in Clowe because we would be like Boston#2 and have a pretty intimidating team from top to bottom that could, imo, go pretty far into the playoffs with a coach like Therrien who likes physical play. But if we aren't top 6 in the conference by the end of the season I see no need for a move such as this. Might as well give Leblanc or Palushaj some NHL time.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote