HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Beukeboom returns to NYR organization

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2012, 10:01 AM
  #101
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Glad to see Mr. know it all is back and taking his usual combatitive approach.

Buekeboom was far from great but he was great for us.

This is from Leetch:

He spent nine years teamed with Beukeboom on the New York Rangers blue-line and knew the defensive end would be taken care of while he attacked. Though they were polar opposites as players, they were an ideal match.

"He was big and tough, that helped me out a lot number one," said Leetch. "He was not going to go very far into a zone ever, he might pinch down the boards to do a big hit but if I was rushing the puck, I knew there was going to be one guy back.

"He was excellent at delaying, buying time for backcheckers and me to get back in the play, and he played tough in front of the net. There were never guys stationed there for very long."


But was does Leetch know, right, you say Beukeboom sucks so every must obey or you will sit there for an hour to come up with some tired agrument.
I only seem like Mr. Know it all because the bar is set so low by some.

Find me a quote of a player denigrating one of his teammates, besides Avery of course.

Now tell me that that Scott Stevens couldn't make it in today's game like your fellow poster who likes to denigrate the hockey IQ of others. Tell me that and I will tell you that compared to you I am a genius of hockey, not that that would be saying all that much.

Come on, please state that Stevens couldn't play today. Please.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:11 AM
  #102
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Agreed...If I posted this my thread would have been deleted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
People trash-talking Beukeboom probably weren't even alive when he played.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:22 AM
  #103
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
You have moved to the head of the I know nothing class..Really, he could ONLY hit you if you werent moving?




Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Fear of what? He could only hit you if you were not moving.

Although, I must thank you for teaching me hockey.


Last edited by New York RKY: 07-14-2012 at 12:57 PM.
surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:56 PM
  #104
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I only seem like Mr. Know it all because the bar is set so low by some.

Find me a quote of a player denigrating one of his teammates, besides Avery of course.

Now tell me that that Scott Stevens couldn't make it in today's game like your fellow poster who likes to denigrate the hockey IQ of others. Tell me that and I will tell you that compared to you I am a genius of hockey, not that that would be saying all that much.

Come on, please state that Stevens couldn't play today. Please.
Quite the contrary my Dear Watson...Stevens would excel in any era...

Leetch is a liar and just saying that....got it.

I would think after nine years playing with the same guy...let me repeat that...nine years...if he wasn't comfortable with playing with the guy he would have gone to his coaches and said..."hey, maybe I am better suited with playing with a different partner"....let me know if you want me to continue....

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:30 PM
  #105
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Quite the contrary my Dear Watson...Stevens would excel in any era...

Leetch is a liar and just saying that....got it.

I would think after nine years playing with the same guy...let me repeat that...nine years...if he wasn't comfortable with playing with the guy he would have gone to his coaches and said..."hey, maybe I am better suited with playing with a different partner"....let me know if you want me to continue....
I'll give you credit. The other poster thinks Stevens couldn't play in today's era. At least you got that right. At least he quieted down.

Again, since you didn't answer my question, name a player who put down his own teammate. I never said that Leetch didn't like Beukeboom or thought he sucked. I merely called Beuk an average dman. Try and argue with me on the points I assert, not the ones you feel like raising.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:31 PM
  #106
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
You have moved to the head of the I know nothing class..Really, he could ONLY hit you if you werent moving?
The overwhelming punishment that Beuk handed out was in the crease. That is what he was good at. Against speed he often had to yield ground.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
  #107
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I only seem like Mr. Know it all because the bar is set so low by some.

Don't confuse being thought of as Mr. Know It All with being accused of it.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 01:25 AM
  #108
No Fehr
Registered User
 
No Fehr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I'll give you credit. The other poster thinks Stevens couldn't play in today's era. At least you got that right. At least he quieted down.

Again, since you didn't answer my question, name a player who put down his own teammate. I never said that Leetch didn't like Beukeboom or thought he sucked. I merely called Beuk an average dman. Try and argue with me on the points I assert, not the ones you feel like raising.
I can see you have chosen to only read what you want in other posters posts.
I did not say he could not play in todays game, I said he would not have the same impact. Stevens changed his game for a reason, he was not as skilled as a true O D-man/devils fun loving hockey system. He was good and had some awesome seasons but He excelled at the shutdown role. Also the Caps chose K. Hatcher over him(bad chose but they did). Stevens never won a Norris because his offense was not in the elite level. Almost won it but never did.
Niedermayer was the better D to me. Stevens did all the things the new NHL is NOT about, Niedermayer did all the things the new NHL IS about. Good or bad.
Was JB as good as Stevens? god no! but he played the stay at home D role very well.
He let #2 be #2. #2 best years were with #23. Did BL make JB better? yes but JB gave Leetch his best years. JB gave BL the confidence he needed to make the plays he made. Like BL said he knew he had at least one person back when he played with JB.
Remember players have roles. JB role was to do all the dirty work so Leetch did not have to do it. He did it well. Good enough to be a top pair D.
How many Norris did BL win with JB? 2. How many without? 0.
The scouting report you showed was really against your point. JB did not pinch often and when he did it was a bad idea because of his lack of speed(I already said he had a hard time with speed). So if the worst a scout says is something he did not even do once every few games then that is fine by me.
BL and JB were a very balanced D pairing. I dont think I ever heard any hockey analyst in the 90's say:"The NYR really need a better top pair on D". They almost always needed more depth but that top pair was one of the best. That was because of JB not in spite of. More to do with BL but JB had a very important role in BL doing what he did.

No Fehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:56 AM
  #109
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk shake View Post
I can see you have chosen to only read what you want in other posters posts.
I did not say he could not play in todays game, I said he would not have the same impact. Stevens changed his game for a reason, he was not as skilled as a true O D-man/devils fun loving hockey system. He was good and had some awesome seasons but He excelled at the shutdown role. Also the Caps chose K. Hatcher over him(bad chose but they did). Stevens never won a Norris because his offense was not in the elite level. Almost won it but never did.
Niedermayer was the better D to me. Stevens did all the things the new NHL is NOT about, Niedermayer did all the things the new NHL IS about. Good or bad.
Was JB as good as Stevens? god no! but he played the stay at home D role very well.
He let #2 be #2. #2 best years were with #23. Did BL make JB better? yes but JB gave Leetch his best years. JB gave BL the confidence he needed to make the plays he made. Like BL said he knew he had at least one person back when he played with JB.
Remember players have roles. JB role was to do all the dirty work so Leetch did not have to do it. He did it well. Good enough to be a top pair D.
How many Norris did BL win with JB? 2. How many without? 0.
The scouting report you showed was really against your point. JB did not pinch often and when he did it was a bad idea because of his lack of speed(I already said he had a hard time with speed). So if the worst a scout says is something he did not even do once every few games then that is fine by me.
BL and JB were a very balanced D pairing. I dont think I ever heard any hockey analyst in the 90's say:"The NYR really need a better top pair on D". They almost always needed more depth but that top pair was one of the best. That was because of JB not in spite of. More to do with BL but JB had a very important role in BL doing what he did.
I have no quarrel with anything you wrote other than how good Stevens was. I thought he was flat-out great.

My only other quibble is your belief that Leetch wouldn't have been just as good with lots of other dmen.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:38 AM
  #110
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,101
vCash: 500
McI is in good hands.

Beuke will teach him well.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.