HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1994 Rangers Road to Victory Special on NHL Network 8PM Saturday

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2012, 09:36 PM
  #26
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Actually I won't be putting it on YouTube since it's a 2 hour special and they took away my ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. I will upload it in its entirety to a file host and you'll have to download it. (in HD)
Sweet! Thank you.

Im looking forward to this special.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:06 PM
  #27
rangers5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
can't you split it into a few parts, or can somebody else, multiple parts on youtube

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:25 PM
  #28
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
yawn...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:28 PM
  #29
Tikkanen10fan
Registered User
 
Tikkanen10fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
i hate shelling out the extra 7 bucks for these channels because i don't watch half of them in the package and cablevision shouldn't be charging extra..but its easier than cancelling and then activating anytime i want to watch something..i'll just keep the package..

Tikkanen10fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:05 PM
  #30
TankLarkin
Registered User
 
TankLarkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 519
vCash: 500
Just finished watching. Show this to Rangers 2012 tomorrow and I guarantee the ECF at least. Great stuff.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:12 PM
  #31
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,900
vCash: 500
Was an excellent show. I'm one of the people that are sick of hearing about 94 but I enjoyed this. Always love seeing documentaries and shows like this.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
  #32
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Ok, so, I promised I would upload this... it's only a few months late.

This is the HD 720p copy, coming to a total size of 2.27 GB, 1 hour 45 minutes:

(3 .rar files you need to download from the following link, will extract to one file)

Code:
http://minus.com/mjxZsUstQ/

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:08 PM
  #33
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Man, the corpse of 94 has been paraded around so much, I don't think there are bones left.

I appreciate the 94 team, but it happened(its over)lets move on.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:10 AM
  #34
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !
 
n1cON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: here & there
Country: Germany
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Ok, so, I promised I would upload this... it's only a few months late.

This is the HD 720p copy, coming to a total size of 2.27 GB, 1 hour 45 minutes:

(3 .rar files you need to download from the following link, will extract to one file)

Code:
http://minus.com/mjxZsUstQ/
Thx for sharing this Charlie! Realy appreciate it!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:57 AM
  #35
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!
 
Ruotsalainen29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Thanks Charlie! You da man!

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:17 AM
  #36
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Anyone who lived through 94 and isnt severely immune to how its been forced down our throats (particularly by the Dolan-run MSG), needs to have their head examined. Then again, when its the franchise's only cup in 72 years, and theres little to no footage from the first 3 cups, I guess its understandable that the PR machine would cling to the 94 glory days.

Theres been 2 legitimately exciting seasons since 94.

1997, which was a fun ride despite knowing that team had little chance of staying power when it came to sustained success.

And last season.

Between 1941 and current, theres been a handful of seasons any self-respecting Ranger fan can truly be proud of. Thats the reality of the situation, without the rose colored glasses.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:18 AM
  #37
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Maybe it depends on who you are but being 19 in '94 and having the Ranger's win after 54 years, seeing how the old timers in my family responded - absolutely priceless and will never go down exactly like that again.

As much as MSG jams it down throats, it still remains pretty special.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM
  #38
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Anyone who lived through 94 and isnt severely immune to how its been forced down our throats (particularly by the Dolan-run MSG), needs to have their head examined. Then again, when its the franchise's only cup in 72 years, and theres little to no footage from the first 3 cups, I guess its understandable that the PR machine would cling to the 94 glory days.

Theres been 2 legitimately exciting seasons since 94.

1997, which was a fun ride despite knowing that team had little chance of staying power when it came to sustained success.

And last season.

Between 1941 and current, theres been a handful of seasons any self-respecting Ranger fan can truly be proud of. Thats the reality of the situation, without the rose colored glasses.

Naw, 1950, 1972, 1979, 1981, 1986, 1990, 1992, 2006 (despite the bad ending), 2007, 2011, and 2012 were all pretty memorable seasons despite not winning it all.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:52 PM
  #39
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Naw, 1950, 1972, 1979, 1981, 1986, 1990, 1992, 2006 (despite the bad ending), 2007, 2011, and 2012 were all pretty memorable seasons despite not winning it all.
I disagree with a few of those. I think the mid-2000's seasons were just viewed as better than they actually were because of the utter crap that occurred the previous 8 years.

Even so, thats 10 memorable seasons in the last 72.

Claiming that the Rangers are this extraordinarily successful franchise of pure revisionist history...its a franchise that has had several resources over the years and lackluster results. Just embrace it...doesnt make you any less of a fan.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
  #40
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Maybe it depends on who you are but being 19 in '94 and having the Ranger's win after 54 years, seeing how the old timers in my family responded - absolutely priceless and will never go down exactly like that again.

As much as MSG jams it down throats, it still remains pretty special.
Im with you. Ive seen my father cry twice in his entire life. Once was when his mother passed away, and once was when the Rangers won the cup. That really hit home with me.

Nonetheless, he'd be the first to tell you hes sick of how 94 has been lionized over the past 18 years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
  #41
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im with you. Ive seen my father cry twice in his entire life. Once was when his mother passed away, and once was when the Rangers won the cup. That really hit home with me.

Nonetheless, he'd be the first to tell you hes sick of how 94 has been lionized over the past 18 years.
It has been played so so much, but thats what happens with everything in this day and age. Everything is so accessible. Meanwhile during the summer of 94 I was popping in one of my 14 video tapes of the playoffs that year everyday when I woke up as a working part time/partying full time 19 yr old I wore my NYR road jersey almost everyday, even to Jury duty a week before we won the Cup

I think what the Knicks do is far more pathetic with the Willis Reed game and the 1994 bummer 'March to the finals!'

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
  #42
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
The things that I would do to see this team win the cup....

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:44 PM
  #43
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Anyone who lived through 94 and isnt severely immune to how its been forced down our throats (particularly by the Dolan-run MSG), needs to have their head examined. Then again, when its the franchise's only cup in 72 years, and theres little to no footage from the first 3 cups, I guess its understandable that the PR machine would cling to the 94 glory days.

Theres been 2 legitimately exciting seasons since 94.

1997, which was a fun ride despite knowing that team had little chance of staying power when it came to sustained success.And last season.

Between 1941 and current, theres been a handful of seasons any self-respecting Ranger fan can truly be proud of. Thats the reality of the situation, without the rose colored glasses.
From I what I remember about the 96-97 Season, that Ranger team under achieved all season. The regular season was a sign of all the disappointment that was about to come in the later years.

The playoffs on the other hand, were exciting since this team finally got it together and went on an 8 - 2 10 game run through the first two rounds, Then finally got destroyed by the Flyers.

1994 and this year were the only two times I remember actually watching the Rangers both have a great regular season, and putting together a long playoff run.


Last edited by jskramer83: 07-13-2012 at 02:51 PM.
jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
  #44
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
From I what I remember about the 96-97 Season, that Ranger team under achieved all season. The regular season was a sign of all the disappointment that was about to come in the later years.

The playoffs on the other hand, were exciting since this team finally got it together and went on an 8 - 2 10 game run through the first two rounds, Then finally got destroyed by the Flyers.

1994 and this year were the only two times I remember actually watching the Rangers both have a great regular season, and putting together a long playoff run.
I think its unfair to say they got destroyed by the Flyers in 97. Injuries were a huge issue, and the death of Karpovtsev's mother was another (Potsy was playing great against Lindros early in that series).

Game 4 was one of the biggest rollercoaster rides of emotion in my time as a Ranger fan. Leetch tied it late, and Lindros scored on a backhander with seconds remaining to win it. Series could've been 2-2 instead of 3-1. Absolutely backbreaking.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:15 PM
  #45
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I disagree with a few of those. I think the mid-2000's seasons were just viewed as better than they actually were because of the utter crap that occurred the previous 8 years.

Even so, thats 10 memorable seasons in the last 72.

Claiming that the Rangers are this extraordinarily successful franchise of pure revisionist history...its a franchise that has had several resources over the years and lackluster results. Just embrace it...doesnt make you any less of a fan.
Bleed Ranger Blue, I'm not here to fight just disagree. I never said the Rangers were super successful nor are they extremely unsuccessful.

It's all about expectations. You're team isn't going to win a Championship every year. That's delusional. I'm a NY Giants fan and the thought of them repeating this year hasn't even crossed my mind.

With that being said, certain years the Rangers have exceeded expectations. 05-06 was very memorable because they were supposed to be the worst team in the league and came one point from winning the Division and worked hard all year. 06-07 was a hard year but Cally/Girardi/Dubi got their starts and they were one goal a way from going up in the Buffalo series. They exceeded expectations both those years. I'm sure many older fans have good memories from the early 80s squads who would always beat the Flyers but could never solve the Islanders, and the 86 team which was more dysfunctional than the 78 Yankees is only remembered because they got hot a few weeks in April.

Some years especially when teams are young you just want them to work hard and you get rewarded (Rangers in those years I just mentioned, Rangers this year, 1979, etc.). The Mets even if they fall apart in the second half, I think most fans (myself included)
would take it for what the expectations were. Other years you have a stacked team that stinks.

Championship are the ultimate success, but it doesn't mean a team didn't have a good or memorable season. That would mean the Sharks and Blues have never had any success, and the Kings were utter failures until this past year.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:13 PM
  #46
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I disagree with a few of those. I think the mid-2000's seasons were just viewed as better than they actually were because of the utter crap that occurred the previous 8 years.

Even so, thats 10 memorable seasons in the last 72.

Claiming that the Rangers are this extraordinarily successful franchise of pure revisionist history...its a franchise that has had several resources over the years and lackluster results. Just embrace it...doesnt make you any less of a fan.
I just came here to say that I wish more Ranger fans were as honest as you. I try to bring this point up to Ranger fan friends who think the Rangers are the greatest team to grace the NHL and their homerism is way too much in the way to admit this.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:33 PM
  #47
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Naw, 1950, 1972, 1979, 1981, 1986, 1990, 1992, 2006 (despite the bad ending), 2007,2011, and 2012 were all pretty memorable seasons despite not winning it all.


When needing help on the last day of the season to sneak into the playoffs and then getting rolled in 5 games is considered a memorable season, it says alot about our franchise unfortunately.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:54 PM
  #48
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
It's not homerism, it's expectations. 2011 was a fun year. So was last year. I'm a realist, the Rangers aren't the Yankees, not the Giants, but at the same time they're not the Blue Jackets or Royals. They're not blessed like the Canadians with historic good luck or regional drafting advantages, or have the NHL in love with them like the Penguins. Maybe one day they have a dynasty (my friends and I all joke this will start the year after the last one of us has passed), but probably not.

Some seasons are a lot of fun for various reasons; a rookie comes up you love, you win the Division and get a banner, it's the birth of wha will hopefully be a championship team.

The ultimate goal is to win a Championship of course, but you can be entertained and enjoy a season. There were many seasons I personally enjoyed more than 1997 that they didn't go as far.

I'd love to have more championships but a Championship, two President's Trophies, Four Division Titles, and five trips to the ECF in my lifetime isn't horrible.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:49 AM
  #49
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Ok, so, I promised I would upload this... it's only a few months late.

This is the HD 720p copy, coming to a total size of 2.27 GB, 1 hour 45 minutes:

(3 .rar files you need to download from the following link, will extract to one file)

Code:
http://minus.com/mjxZsUstQ/
Thanks a lot, but the 3rd part of the file can't be found when I click to download it.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
  #50
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,312
vCash: 500
Thanks!

I never get sick of anything 1994. There was more to that season than the Cup.

Its the last time any Rangers team played every game of any season like a Game 7 (give or take a few games). Tremendous skill and effort.

1986 Giants, 1998 Yankees, 1986 Mets, any of the 80s Isles Cup teams, 1994 Rangers and maybe the 1970 Knicks are the only NY teams of the modern era whose accomplishments from a pure dominance standpoint are timeless.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.