HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposals: July-August

Old
07-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
If I am Sather I am calling around with a package of Dubi, Anisimov, 3rd rounders and if he has to cave Thomas as a prospect in a deal. Obviously some of the names below He would have to cave and give more

Asking around for Vanek, Clowe, Marleau, Nash, Ryan

Clowe will come cheapest which is why I want him

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:21 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden_Variety View Post
Unfortunately a GM cannot publicly show interest in another player who is already under contract. That's illegal in sports. The GM of Buffalo would have to give permission for this to happen
Even if it wasn't I don't think Howson would give a s***.
It's called using the media. Larry Brooks

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:21 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
If I am Sather I am calling around with a package of Dubi, Anisimov, 3rd rounders and if he has to cave Thomas as a prospect in a deal. Obviously some of the names below He would have to cave and give more

I think it's highly unlikely any GM trades a talented player for 3 third rounders. Perhaps a couple of 2nds...but more likely a 1st and a 2nd. 3rd rounders have very little value compared to current players.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:22 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

No to Clowe. He is not an upgrade.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:48 AM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
No to Clowe. He is not an upgrade.
Agreed, no way to Clowe. Not interested at all.

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:

I'd love to get a package of Clowe+Murray. Both on expiring deals.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
People include Erixon because he's not as homegrown as some of the other guys/isn't fully established, isn't going to be overpowering at any one aspect of the game, and it's pretty much a given he'll be a decent to good player so they're using him as a warm body in these proposals.

Vanek would cost a lot more than Dubi + a pick. Reiger would want Stepan, a first, MDZ, and probably two of McLIrath, Miller, Fast, St. Croix.

That gets a heeeelllll no.
What? That seems insane. Step, MDZ, a first, and two first round prospects for Vanek? Not so sure how realistic of a cost that is.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:13 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
What? That seems insane. Step, MDZ, a first, and two first round prospects for Vanek? Not so sure how realistic of a cost that is.
Its about as realistic as some of the proposals like dubi and a 2nd to get him.

Old
07-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Lundsanity30

Vanek will cost the same as Nash Ryan

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:31 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
It is insane but that's a starting point. Vanek/Miller/Myers are the big 3 in Buffalo. The price would be driven down but it's going to cost 3/4 of that package.

I'd love to see what San Jose would want for Clowe and/or Murray.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:42 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
It is insane but that's a starting point. Vanek/Miller/Myers are the big 3 in Buffalo. The price would be driven down but it's going to cost 3/4 of that package.

Not sure what the obsession is over Clowe.

Similar player and puts up similar numbers as Dubinsky cept he will be 31 by the season.

Dont know how that improves our team.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:37 PM
pete3589

Whoa...slow down a bit here.

As a Ranger fan living in Buffalo and watching more Sabres games than I should, there is no way the Rangers should want Vanek.

With the exception of being able to take a beating in front of the net, his board play is awful, and he plays 0 defense, and I mean 0 defense. He costantly goal hangs which would never work on this team.

He scores most of his goals on deflections and on garbage rebounds (which he is very good at), but his all around game is nothing close to that of Nash.

Given the recent culture change in Buffalo (moving more towards grit, and their quest for a #1 center) im guessing it would take something along the lines of Dubinsky + Stepan for him, which would be overpayment on the Rangers end.

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:39 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3589 View Post

As a Ranger fan living in Buffalo and watching more Sabres games than I should, there is no way the Rangers should want Vanek.

With the exception of being able to take a beating in front of the net, his board play is awful, and he plays 0 defense, and I mean 0 defense. He costantly goal hangs which would never work on this team.

He scores most of his goals on deflections and on garbage rebounds (which he is very good at), but his all around game is nothing close to that of Nash.

Given the recent culture change in Buffalo (moving more towards grit, and their quest for a #1 center) im guessing it would take something along the lines of Dubinsky + Stepan for him, which would be overpayment on the Rangers end.
If you watch him a lot then ill take your word. I admit i dont watch buffalo a lot so you prob have a much better read on him.

I wasnt very interested in him to start with, just thought they looked at him up there as a elite goal scorer that hasnt yet fully put it together yet so the price would still be high.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Mickey8

To San Jose: Dubinsky, Erixon, and 2nd rounder

To NY Rangers: Joe Pavelski

Mickey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:45 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey8 View Post
To San Jose: Dubinsky, Erixon, and 2nd rounder

To NY Rangers: Joe Pavelski
Not the worst proposal, but i dont think either team agrees. I dont see us trading away Erixon unless he is part of getting a first liner back.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Not the worst proposal, but i dont think either team agrees. I dont see us trading away Erixon unless he is part of getting a first liner back.
Not that I would want that major of a shakeup, but trading for Pavelski would allow us to trade Stepan + for Ryan.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:14 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3589 View Post

I was a NYR fan living in good ol' western New York for a while and I, too, watched more Sabres than I should have. Granted, this was 2-3 years ago now, I had the same impression of Vanek. My friend's dad was a die hard Sabres fan and he always ragged on Vanek saying that he only scored when it wasn't important. For example, he argued that he'd be great when the team was already up by 2+ goals but if they needed one bad he was never the guy to look to. Honestly, I didn't watch enough of them myself to notice a pattern like that but it was interesting to hear him talk about it.

Anyway, big pass on Vanek from me. No thanks. If Sather can get a good deal for Nash, go for it. If Ryan can be had without giving up anything that would hurt too much (which is pretty damn unlikely) go for it. Those guys are "worth it" in my opinion and Vanek just isn't.

Old
07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
haveandare

Quote:

I guess I see where you're coming from, I just think thats a huge, huge price.

Honestly, I'm not sure what everyone sees in Clowe. Looks like Dubi to me but a bit older.

Old
07-15-2012, 02:55 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Not that I would want that major of a shakeup, but trading for Pavelski would allow us to trade Stepan + for Ryan.
Thats true, would be able to make that trade since we have a replacement to the 2nd center spot.

Old
07-15-2012, 03:03 PM
hockeytom17
Rookie User

What we need is scoring so make a trade for Nash with lets say erixon, Thomas, dubi, and lets just say AA. The since Dub I and AA cover nashs salary I say we go and sign the head case semin. He will be a big threat to the opposing teams we play.
just think Nash, semin, gaborik,richards, kreider, stepan, Callahan and haglin. This would be a huge upgrade to our team upfront. It would make us the team to beat.

Last edited by hockeytom17: 07-15-2012 at 03:10 PM.
hockeytom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:06 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytom17 View Post
What we need is scoring so make a trade for Nash with lets say erixon, Thomas, dubi, and lets just say AA. The since Dub I and AA cover nashs salary I say we go and sign the head case semin. He will be a big threat to the opposing teams we play.
just think Nash, semin, gaborik,richards, kreider, stepan, Callahan. This would be a huge upgrade to our team upfront. It would make us the team to beat.
And you want who playing as our 3rd and 4th line centers?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
hockeytom17
Rookie User

Use bayle on the third line and halpern on the forth line. I figured you would remember those two
Nash, Richards, gaborik
Kreider, stepan, semin
haglin, Boyle, Callahan
Rupp, halpern, asham

Old
07-15-2012, 03:36 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
Use bayle on the third line and halpern on the forth line. I figured you would remember those two
Nash, Richards, gaborik
Kreider, stepan, semin
haglin, Boyle, Callahan
Rupp, halpern, asham
And what happens when the cap goes down? Girardi, Gaborik, Lundqvist, Kreider, Hagelin, Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, and Biron are just the NOTABLES coming off the books in 2014. How do you expect to re-sign all those guys who will be looking for raises if the cap is at 60-63M ?

Not to mention Stepan, McDonagh, Anisimov are all RFA's next summer.

Keeping the core together will be IMPOSSIBLE.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:38 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Nash, Richards, gaborik
Kreider, stepan, semin
haglin, Boyle, Callahan
Rupp, halpern, asham
If boyle is still on the 3rd line next season they i will say we didnt upgrade the team.

The only way i want to see him on the 3rd line is if we get hit with an injury bug.

Old
07-15-2012, 03:53 PM
hockeytom17
Rookie User

First off AA was in the trade idea for Nash so he is gone. I don't see the cap being lower next season than it was this season. I see the cap staying were it is considering the NHL has had record numbers the last three seasons so there goes that thought out the window. So if dubi and AA cover nashs contract and we have 15.2 million left we sign semin for 6million and have 9 million left over.
Hank isn't getting a huge raise neither is gabi Callahan or boyle. And if kreider and stepan earn big raises then let gabi go or sign him for less if he wants to stay. That's two years away and you can't keep the same team forever. We have some pretty good kids waiting to coeme up in miller and St. Croix. Lets wait and see.