HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks sign Hampus Lindholm to ELC

Old
07-14-2012, 07:15 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 1050
Hmm... Don't know if I got that right, but

Lindholm - Fowler
Sbisa - Vatanen

sounds like a pretty good Top 4 in 3-4 years.

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:52 AM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Hampe will be better. I actually think when all is set and done, he will be the Ducks #1 D-Man.
Better than Pietrangelo? Those are some sky-high expectations.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Rinzler

Good on the Ducks for signing this kid. He looks like a true athlete and I think is going to be a good one.

It's one thing to draft a kid with talent, but its another entirely to draft one that's also a dedicated athlete with a professional work ethic at 18 years of age.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Need Quackers View Post
I know this isn't the Bobby thread; but do you think that we may be looking into packaging one of Sbisa or Lydman (assuming Fowler and Beauch are untouchable) along with Bobby for a bigger fish?
spot.
No, I seriously doubt it anyway. Maybe i am putting more into it then other Duck fans, but I'd say there's a decent chance Lydman is moved. I say that because I think Murray wants to open a spot on the roster for Lindholm and Vatanen to compete for. I'd say the chances of Sbisa moved are very slim. BB absolutely loves him. As someone said Lydman isn't the type of player you package with Ryan. If I had to guess, I'd say Murray tries to package Lydman for another center like Brassard or Gagner (hopefully not him).

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
Well he said he is coming over to try and take a spot but I'm thinking he is also willing to spend time in the AHL if he doesn't go back to Sweden. He might need a little time in the AHL but so far he has done nothing but really impress everyone in Anaheim to get this far.

http://hd.se/sport/2012/07/13/lindho...-nhl-kontrakt/

Thanks to joe89 for the quick quotes on the Ducks board.
You have to consider that he played juniors half of last season, and then the other half in Allsvenskan (SEL-2). From Juniors to NHL, on a new rink size a different country, new language and culture. It's a big step in a short time..

AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
No, I seriously doubt it anyway. Maybe i am putting more into it then other Duck fans, but I'd say there's a decent chance Lydman is moved. I say that because I think Murray wants to open a spot on the roster for Lindholm and Vatanen to compete for. I'd say the chances of Sbisa moved are very slim. BB absolutely loves him. As someone said Lydman isn't the type of player you package with Ryan. If I had to guess, I'd say Murray tries to package Lydman for another center like Brassard or Gagner (hopefully not him).
After all of the issues we've had with defense over the past couple of years, there is absolutely no way Murray has penciled in either Vatanen or Lindholm. There's most definitely room for them to earn a spot after training camp, but that's that. If, and only if, they earn it, then we may consider moving Lydman.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He's about he same height if not a whole one centimeter taller than Visnovsky, right handed shoot and a world class skater. He's your Erik Karlsson.
And Visnovsky was an undersized offensive defenseman. Thus, my point. They would probably be fighting for different spots.

Let's not compare Vatanen to Karlsson just yet, please. Karlsson just won the Norris, primarily due to the offensive game he brings, and Vatanen hasn't even played an NHL game yet. You're not going to do Vatanen any favors by making that comparison at this point.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Don't get us wrong, we love having him. But there's no Visnvosky for him to beat out for a spot on the team, right now, for example. Not saying he won't make it, but what Sojourn says is right - they are not necessarily competing for the same spot. They are not quite the same kind of player. We love to have them both, though.
Yes, exactly. It's not like Anaheim fans need to choose between one or the other right now. Both are prospects, and we're thrilled to have both. They're just pretty different players, and it doesn't really stretch the imagination much to picture Lindholm cracking his way in, with Vatanen spending time in the AHL. It's not a knock on Vatanen. It's just the role that Lindholm would fill to start his NHL career is on the defensive side of the game, while Vatanen is very much the undersized offensive defenseman who really doesn't make sense in the same role. Lindholm, if his play warrants it, would probably be easier for Anaheim to slot into the 3rd pairing than Vatanen.

Personally, unless Lindholm blows everyone away at training camp, I expect him to go back to Sweden this season. Vatanen, I suspect, will start the season in the AHL, and will have an opportunity to work his way into the line-up. It looks like Murray, and I really hope this is the case, has learned from his mistake with Sbisa, and wants Vatanen or Lindholm to earn their way into the line-up, as opposed to being pencilled in and hoping they are up to the job.

Old
07-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Thats an interesting thing to say...
Yeeeaaaah... that's just Noire. Please don't think there are a lot of Anaheim fans thinking that. As it stands, I'd be thrilled if Lindholm can become a Pietrangelo-lite type of player. It would be an absolute dream come true if he ever matched his play, but that would definitely blow away all my expectations.

Old
07-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

I watched Lindholm a lot last year and he didn't even hit his stride in the Swedish second tier until about 3/4 of the way through the season. His team is playing in the SEL after winning promotion, it'd be a nice developmental step for him. I really don't think he's ready for the NHL.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Im pretty sure someone of the old guys Souray, Lydman and Allen will get injured at some point. Vatanen and possibly Lindholm will get the chance to show what they got.
I don't believe Lindholm will have an opportunity to take advantage of injuries. If he doesn't make the team out of camp, I have no doubt that Anaheim will send him back to the SEL. The SEL would be more beneficial to Lindholm's development at this point.

Old
07-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
After all of the issues we've had with defense over the past couple of years, there is absolutely no way Murray has penciled in either Vatanen or Lindholm. There's most definitely room for them to earn a spot after training camp, but that's that. If, and only if, they earn it, then we may consider moving Lydman.
That's my hope. I'd be pretty pissed with Murray if he opened up a spot for one of them before they earned it. That was a mistake he made that he has to learn from. Honestly, if he doesn't learn from his mistake, I'd seriously start questioning the man's intelligence, because that's like a child touching a hot stove after he's already been burned once before.

The blue line needs to be put together without either of Vatanen or Lindholm on it yet. Let them earn their way onto the team. If they do, that's when you can make room. There's plenty of cap room, and the return Anaheim would get isn't going to be significant either way. There is just no advantage to rolling the dice here, but there are plenty of reasons not to.

Old
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
An excellent prospect.

I was really hoping he would fall to the Hawks.
I wanted this kid so bad it's ridiculous. Teravainen was a nice consolation prize...but I wanted this kid badly. I did, however, realize the likelihood of this was pretty much zero...about the same as us getting Teuvo.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote