HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Douglas Murray to Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2012, 12:25 PM
  #1
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 7,592
vCash: 500
Douglas Murray to Carolina

He's a big physical guy, which is somthing we're lacking big time. Not sure what the Shark's needs are, but what would it take?

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:35 PM
  #2
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
The Sharks need young scoring wingers with speed.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:40 PM
  #3
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
The Sharks need young scoring wingers with speed.
A few SJ fans are saying his game fell off a cliff this season,his slow skating really noticeable.

Can he still play quality,top 4 minutes or does he need to play sheltered,3rd pairing minutes?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:57 PM
  #4
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
A few SJ fans are saying his game fell off a cliff this season,his slow skating really noticeable.

Can he still play quality,top 4 minutes or does he need to play sheltered,3rd pairing minutes?
Breaking your foot twice and fracturing your Adam's apple might do that to a player. If he's healthy, he's a decent option as a #4 and a quality PK'er with those physical attributes. Besides that, most fans here won't even be asking that much for Murray. I don't think either the Hurricanes or the Islanders are willing to make a deal that involves Murray and probably something else for a winger that contributes to the big club now.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:00 PM
  #5
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,466
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
A few SJ fans are saying his game fell off a cliff this season,his slow skating really noticeable.

Can he still play quality,top 4 minutes or does he need to play sheltered,3rd pairing minutes?
He played top-4 minutes last season while facing a series of freak injuries. I'd prefer that he not play top-4 minutes, but he could when he's healthy.

We need young wingers or wing prospects that are NHL-ready.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:26 PM
  #6
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Breaking your foot twice and fracturing your Adam's apple might do that to a player. If he's healthy, he's a decent option as a #4 and a quality PK'er with those physical attributes. Besides that, most fans here won't even be asking that much for Murray. I don't think either the Hurricanes or the Islanders are willing to make a deal that involves Murray and probably something else for a winger that contributes to the big club now.
I agree with you about Snow, now that he's made the Vis trade.

I'd posted months ago, that I thought Snow would shop his high 2nd rounder+ second tier propects like Lee/Rakhshani, for a 1-2 yr pickup.

I'm just wondering if Snow kicked the tires on the younger Murray before making the Vis trade.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:36 PM
  #7
DamonDRW
Registered User
 
DamonDRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,504
vCash: 500
Is Shaehan for Murray straight fair for both DRW and SJS?

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:37 PM
  #8
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,435
vCash: 500
If you guys want to toss in a sweetner with Tlusty, he's all yours.

Not a fan of Tlusty but it's the only deal I can think of that makes sense for both sides.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:45 PM
  #9
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
Is Shaehan for Murray straight fair for both DRW and SJS?
In value, yes. However, it's unlikely that DW would be interested in that. He still has holes to fill on the third line before worrying about getting futures for potentially excess players like Murray.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:45 PM
  #10
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,466
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
Is Shaehan for Murray straight fair for both DRW and SJS?
Riley Sheahan? Yeah, I'd do it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:56 PM
  #11
DamonDRW
Registered User
 
DamonDRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Riley Sheahan? Yeah, I'd do it.
Is Murray signed? And, if yes, how long? I would do this trade as well. Sheahan is just two letters from Shanahan but most likely he will be miles behind in skill, determination, and passion. At least, based on what I saw in minors.

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:06 PM
  #12
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
The Sharks need young scoring wingers with speed.
Or, we need decent prospects or a draft pick.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:09 PM
  #13
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways
 
Oppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
He's signed for another year @ $2.5

Oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:21 PM
  #14
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Or, we need decent prospects or a draft pick.
We heard recently that there was a lot of interest in Murray at the draft. If a draft pick would have gotten it done I suspect he would already have been traded. I know there are other posters who agree with you, but I doubt DW trades Murray for futures.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
  #15
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,466
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
Is Murray signed? And, if yes, how long? I would do this trade as well. Sheahan is just two letters from Shanahan but most likely he will be miles behind in skill, determination, and passion. At least, based on what I saw in minors.
He's got one more year at $2.5M, and then I'm sure you could re-sign him for less, considering all the Swedes. How close is Sheahan to the NHL?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:56 PM
  #16
RussianShark
Cheech
 
RussianShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bay Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RussianShark
Murray for Jokinen
or
Murray for Tlustly+pick

RussianShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
  #17
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
He's a little old, only has a year left on this contract, and would probably find himself in our bottom pairing.

I would rather just sign Vandemeer.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:59 PM
  #18
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
He's a little old, only has a year left on this contract, and would probably find himself in our bottom pairing.

I would rather just sign Vandemeer.
They were both Sharks last year. Murray played top 4 minutes through injuries. Vandermeer mostly sat in the press box. He played in 25 games, many of them as a 4th line forward. There's a pretty big difference between the two.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
  #19
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular combo
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
They were both Sharks last year. Murray played top 4 minutes through injuries. Vandermeer mostly sat in the press box. He played in 25 games, many of them as a 4th line forward. There's a pretty big difference between the two.
Murray was fairly ineffective with Top-4 minutes last year. Vandermeer wouldn't cost them any assets and he wasn't sat because of any bad play.
I'd say it's a pretty good move to prefer Vandermeer over Murray as your 6th. He's quicker and has a better break-out pass.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
  #20
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
.....he wasn't sat because of any bad play.
I'm curious. Why do you think Vandermeer spent most of the season in the press box if it wasn't his play?

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:54 PM
  #21
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular combo
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
I'm curious. Why do you think Vandermeer spent most of the season in the press box if it wasn't his play?
Who knows. Why did the coaches play Huskins and Wallin instead of Braun? Even Hedican was confused on why they were constantly dressing White instead of Vandermeer. Maybe they wanted to get White out of his funk? Or maybe they were blinded by his SC Ring?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
  #22
Patty Ice
Best in the World
 
Patty Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: OxNard
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 10,244
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree with you about Snow, now that he's made the Vis trade.

I'd posted months ago, that I thought Snow would shop his high 2nd rounder+ second tier propects like Lee/Rakhshani, for a 1-2 yr pickup.

I'm just wondering if Snow kicked the tires on the younger Murray before making the Vis trade.

I'd do Rakhshani and a 2nd for Murray.

__________________
Patty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:06 PM
  #23
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Who knows. Why did the coaches play Huskins and Wallin instead of Braun? Even Hedican was confused on why they were constantly dressing White instead of Vandermeer. Maybe they wanted to get White out of his funk? Or maybe they were blinded by his SC Ring?
...or maybe those coaches that are getting paid big bucks for their knowledge of hockey know way more than you and I put together. It's fun to second guess them. But let's face it, they get paid to make the calls and we pay to watch them do it. Clearly they didn't think too highly of him...and right now it looks like none of the hockey minds in the NHL think too highly of him either. We hear lots of teams are looking for D and nobody has signed him yet. He may yet get a job for next year, but it doens't look like he's anyones first choice.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:04 PM
  #24
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
Is Shaehan for Murray straight fair for both DRW and SJS?
No. Murray is a servicable defense men but his style of play and the way he is built doesn't hint at a long career. Honestly I don't even want Murray on this team for free, let alone giving up a guy with a ton of promise. At the very worst Sheahan becomes the Wings fourth line center for the 10 years.

Pass from the Wings.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:07 PM
  #25
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular combo
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
...or maybe those coaches that are getting paid big bucks for their knowledge of hockey know way more than you and I put together.
These coaches not only used a 1-2-1 PK, but their idea of fixing it was going with a very passive box. Personally, I think Hedican is more knowledgeable than both Shaw and Woodcroft. He wanted a more aggressive PK and was very confused on why they were playing White instead of Vandermeer.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.