Notices

Development Camp

Old
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I like the phrase "trying to do too much". Means he isnt scared and is trying to prove his worth, anybody recall a Sven Baertschi trying his dub moves in the bigs, showed some balls, plus it shows them what will fly and what wont. Id rather them try to do too much than be scared and hesitate every step of the way..
Definitely, for the most part this is a good thing. He's got the confidence in his own skills to get things done. Hopefully he'll be able to raise his game over the next couple seasons by playing with and against better competition.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Yeah Spezza also spent quite a bit of time needing some seasoning, including about 2 1/2+ years in the AHL if I'm not mistaken with spot time on the Sens.

As excited as we are with Janko, we all need to be patient and can't rush him. With that said, I think in 3-4 years time, we should see this kid being close to ready.
Although Spezza played a year and a half total in the AHL. It was really just half-a-season, then he made the NHL full-time the next year (w/ +50 points to boot) and then the lockout happened, so he went back for another year and tore it to shreds.

So Jank sounds like a big longer term of a prospect. not that I have a problem with that.

Last edited by Fleury14: 07-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote