Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 11:22 PM
overtheboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Seems to be common practice around the boards to post team predictions, so **** it, misewell make an ass of myself

Factor in injuries and (Nate, Frk) playing in the WJC....

Nathan MacKinnon, 40-45 goals, 55-60 assists... Somewhere around 100-105 points

Jonathan Drouin 32-35 goals, 53-56 assists. Pretty high on Drouin more than any other player, so I easily see him somewhere around 90 points as he isn't far off Nate.

Marty Frk 40-43 goals, 43-46 assists... 85+ points if healthy

Stefan Fournier, don't expect too much of a jump as a 20yo, but with players around him... 35 goals, 35 assists. Expect 70+ points.

Matt Boudreau 30-32 goals, 35-38 assists. Did pretty well last year, hit a snag in the playoffs. A lot of players see their best jump from 18-19... We'll see.

Jack Eichel - Now it gets tricky. A) Not a guarantee to come B) Was the best player in the draft, but is nothing like the 2011 Draft so it's hard to predict... Could hit 50+ points

Luca Ciampini .... sigh, Oh boy... Showed promise in rookie season and beginning of this season. Potential alone we could see 50+ points... Which I would take an run lol.

Andrew Ryan, See Ciampini, but more upside and size than IMO... Can't tell, stay healthy lol

Brent Andrews - Couldn't give a damn about his point total. Best 3rd line center in the Q, and we need his defensive abilities. Had same number of points when he was 17 and 18... I'll go 15 goals, 17 assists.

Falkenham - See Andrews... 9 goals 10 assists

Darcy Ashley, almost forgot about Ash. Really like him, lots of energy, hits, defensive and capable of 60+ points... 27 goals, 35 assists.

Defense

KA - 14 goals (SHOOT THE ****IN PUCK YOU HAVE A CANNON ) and 39 assists

Steve Gillard - Showed he has skill with the puck when healthy this year. 2 career goals lol... 2 goals, 14 assists. Probably will be lower, really need him for his defensive abilities more.

Trey Lewis - 6 goals, 16 assists

Brendan Duke - 4 goals, 13 assists

Austyn Hardie - 0 goals, 1 assist liked his D last year as a rookie. Expecting some development too.

Mac Weegar - Unknown. But rumored to have offensive abilities..... So i'll go chsb style and say 33 goals an 12 assists to take the pressure of Konrad

seen Weegar play last year , good puck moving D but not very big or physical , look him up , he played in the CCHL

Old
07-14-2012, 12:15 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
70 points for Boudreau?
50 + points for Eichel?
50+ points for Ciampini and Ryan?

And you tell me I wear rose coloured glasses.....

The only kid I know who scored 105 points as a 17 YO was Crosby....

85 points for Drouin?

Unreal!
Yes! He bit! Oh my goodness where do I start!?

You, of ALL people have absolutely NO ground to stand on. I mean after your predictions you'd think it would be hard to criticize other peoples predictions... Your predictions that were mocked, laughed at and ripped to **** by several posters on 2 (ya, two different boards!), yet you find something odd with my predictions... Well, this is quite funny, but expected from you.

Let's begin with Ciampini and Ryan... I said "Potential alone". With the talent they possess they could put up that... Then I said "which i'd take and run" probably meaning that i'd be surprised if he hit that. Also, that's only 15 points more than his career PPG (Ciampini) and seeing as you have all the Titan players going through natural progression, would you not think that the #2 overall pick in 2010 could perhaps breakout? Or are you that delusional to think that natural progression only happens to Titan all-stars like Salvail and Banville

Boudreau: What is so shocking about 65-70 points? He saw a 38-point jump from his 17yo season last year.... So 1o points is "unreal" players progress from 18-19 and will have good wingers on his side this year (Frk, Fournier, Drouin) Ya I'm insane for thinking Bouds could produce 10 more points...

Drouin, you didn't provide a reason for this so I don't see the need to prove myself. He has all the skill and showed the numbers in only HALF a season... How many points do you see Drouin and provide a reason why.

MacKinnon: This is the one I was really hoping you'd jump on... What is so insane about 100+ for MacKinnon.
Quote:
Christophe Lalancette: 30 goals and 50 assists for 80 points
- From chsb himself

So let me get this straight. You have and think is a good prediction, that Lalancette will score 80 points next year, which would be a 33 point jump from 2012... Yet when I say MacKinnon will have an 105 point season, which would be a 27 point jump from 2012, it's "unreal" Lalancette is not even in the same planet, no, universe, no, galaxy... Yes galaxy, as MacKinnon but he'll progress more? ... Ok no more needed here, I've proved my point... Now i'm curious, how many points do you see MacKinnon have, do you have the balls to respond to my post?

I will saw one more thing though, you hide your jealousy of the Mooseheads very poorly on these boards

Old
07-14-2012, 12:17 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
seen Weegar play last year , good puck moving D but not very big or physical , look him up , he played in the CCHL
Oh i've looked him up, but I know nothing about that league and it's level compared to other leagues below the CHL.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:12 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Seems to be common practice around the boards to post team predictions, so **** it, misewell make an ass of myself

Factor in injuries and (Nate, Frk) playing in the WJC....

Nathan MacKinnon, 40-45 goals, 55-60 assists... Somewhere around 100-105 points

Jonathan Drouin 32-35 goals, 53-56 assists. Pretty high on Drouin more than any other player, so I easily see him somewhere around 90 points as he isn't far off Nate.

Marty Frk 40-43 goals, 43-46 assists... 85+ points if healthy

Stefan Fournier, don't expect too much of a jump as a 20yo, but with players around him... 35 goals, 35 assists. Expect 70+ points.

Matt Boudreau 30-32 goals, 35-38 assists. Did pretty well last year, hit a snag in the playoffs. A lot of players see their best jump from 18-19... We'll see.

Jack Eichel - Now it gets tricky. A) Not a guarantee to come B) Was the best player in the draft, but is nothing like the 2011 Draft so it's hard to predict... Could hit 50+ points

Luca Ciampini .... sigh, Oh boy... Showed promise in rookie season and beginning of this season. Potential alone we could see 50+ points... Which I would take an run lol.

Andrew Ryan, See Ciampini, but more upside and size than IMO... Can't tell, stay healthy lol

Brent Andrews - Couldn't give a damn about his point total. Best 3rd line center in the Q, and we need his defensive abilities. Had same number of points when he was 17 and 18... I'll go 15 goals, 17 assists.

Falkenham - See Andrews... 9 goals 10 assists

Darcy Ashley, almost forgot about Ash. Really like him, lots of energy, hits, defensive and capable of 60+ points... 27 goals, 35 assists.

Defense

KA - 14 goals (SHOOT THE ****IN PUCK YOU HAVE A CANNON ) and 39 assists

Steve Gillard - Showed he has skill with the puck when healthy this year. 2 career goals lol... 2 goals, 14 assists. Probably will be lower, really need him for his defensive abilities more.

Trey Lewis - 6 goals, 16 assists

Brendan Duke - 4 goals, 13 assists

Austyn Hardie - 0 goals, 1 assist liked his D last year as a rookie. Expecting some development too.

Mac Weegar - Unknown. But rumored to have offensive abilities..... So i'll go chsb style and say 33 goals an 12 assists to take the pressure of Konrad

Eichel definitely not coming to Moose camp next month

Old
07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
overtheboards

Quote:
Oh i've looked him up, but I know nothing about that league and it's level compared to other leagues below the CHL.
its probably the 3rd best tier 2 junior A league in the country behind the BCHL and the AJHL . Teams like Carleton Place , Pembroke , Cornwall , Nepean and Brockville always produce good teams and players that move on to NCAA or Major Junior . Carleton Place had 9 players commit to NCAA last year and 7 of them were div 1 . Nepean had 1 player drafted into the NHL this year . Pembroke won the RBC CUP in 2011 . The Fred Page Cup and RBC CUP are in the maritimes this year and chances are youll see 1 of those teams above there .

Old
07-14-2012, 10:58 AM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:
70 points for Boudreau?
50 + points for Eichel?
50+ points for Ciampini and Ryan?

And you tell me I wear rose coloured glasses.....

The only kid I know who scored 105 points as a 17 YO was Crosby....

85 points for Drouin?

Unreal!
Umm Crosby scored 168 points as a 17 year old including something like 92 points in his last 24 regular season games that year.

Mackinnon scored 78 points last year in 58 games and will be at a higher level this year- the only way he doesnt hit a 100 will be due to injuries and world juniors but his PPG spread over a full schedule will put him there.

Drouin was a PPG player who came in halfway during the year and had a PPG and was tearing it up in the playoffs well after the Titan went out in the first round. He showed despite his size he could handle the playoffs and he has gotten bigger over the summer.

Old
07-14-2012, 03:20 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaScotia Habsfan31 View Post
Umm Crosby scored 168 points as a 17 year old including something like 92 points in his last 24 regular season games that year.

Mackinnon scored 78 points last year in 58 games and will be at a higher level this year- the only way he doesnt hit a 100 will be due to injuries and world juniors but his PPG spread over a full schedule will put him there.

Drouin was a PPG player who came in halfway during the year and had a PPG and was tearing it up in the playoffs well after the Titan went out in the first round. He showed despite his size he could handle the playoffs and he has gotten bigger over the summer.
It will be quite the treat to watch him winning the Scoring race then as there are simply not too many 100 points scorers anymore in the Q....
I really hope so for the Mooseheads fans, but I cannot stop from thinking that it is a heavy pressure on the shoulders of a 17 YO....

Old
07-14-2012, 03:41 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
It will be quite the treat to watch him winning the Scoring race then as there are simply not too many 100 points scorers anymore in the Q....
I really hope so for the Mooseheads fans, but I cannot stop from thinking that it is a heavy pressure on the shoulders of a 17 YO....
Pressure?! Hope Lalancette dosn't read your senseless posts

Old
07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Pressure?! Hope Lalancette dosn't read your senseless posts
How can you compare an 18 YO 2nd liner pressure to a 17 YO expected to be the #1 centerman on a team which has contending ambitions?
Plus a team where the fans expect the kid to be a 100 + points scorer.

The point is....you make no sense.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:39 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
How can you compare an 18 YO 2nd liner pressure to a 17 YO expected to be the #1 centerman on a team which has contending ambitions?
Plus a team where the fans expect the kid to be a 100 + points scorer.

The point is....you make no sense.
A little ironic eh?

What makes no sense is you expect Lalancette to develop more than MacKinnon... And you wonder why everyone doesn't listen to your posts and think you're a joke.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I remember the last time there was a lot of pressure put on MacKinnon, he set Moosehead playoff records and led the team to two games away from the Finals... Ya, he's the kindof guy who doesn't thrive under pressure

Old
07-14-2012, 06:13 PM
chsb

Quote:
A little ironic eh?

What makes no sense is you expect Lalancette to develop more than MacKinnon... And you wonder why everyone doesn't listen to your posts and think you're a joke.
Well I think you are mixed up a bit!

I predicted 80 points for Lalancette and you predicted over 100 points for MacKinnon, didn't you?

So I don't know which one thinks Lalancette will develop more than MacKinnon....fabulating is what you are doing.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:44 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Well I think you are mixed up a bit!

I predicted 80 points for Lalancette and you predicted over 100 points for MacKinnon, didn't you?

So I don't know which one thinks Lalancette will develop more than MacKinnon....fabulating is what you are doing.
So you don't think MacKinnon will hit 100 obviously, so you think there will be a 10-15 point gap between him and Lalancette? Now that's funny!

Old
07-14-2012, 07:12 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
So you don't think MacKinnon will hit 100 obviously, so you think there will be a 10-15 point gap between him and Lalancette? Now that's funny!
Well you did know , according to CHSB , that Bathurst is the only destination that players get better and develop. The other 17 team's players stay the same as the season before or get worse..

Old
07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Lalancette is Sidney Crosby 2.0 , didnt you know ? Its on the CHSB team scouting report

Old
07-14-2012, 07:20 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Well you did know , according to CHSB , that Bathurst is the only destination that players get better and develop. The other 17 team's players stay the same as the season before or get worse..
Yup, Melindy is 19 he should start to regress. I wouldn't be surprised to see him say MacKinnon will score 85 and is similar to Lalancette

Old
07-15-2012, 12:18 AM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:
You were wrong on Nathan last year and you will be wrong on him this year as well.

BTW Lalancette really looked great down the stretch last year didnt he in the last 8 regular season games and doing nothing in the playoffs while Mackinnon was a major force getting the Mooseheads to the 3rd round.

Old
07-15-2012, 11:42 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

mackinnon put up 106 including playoffs. It's not only possible he'll approach it, but I'm leaning towards 'probable'.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:38 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
mackinnon put up 106 including playoffs. It's not only possible he'll approach it, but I'm leaning towards 'probable'.
Ya but players on any team other than Bathurst don't improve though only their play only declines ,havn't you heard.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
He's got the skill, the linemates, and the team style that should make 100 points a good bet if he stays healthy. A lot will probably depend on how much time he misses for the WJC, assuming he makes the team.

Old
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Codith

Nate is going to bend the league over next year and spank it

Old
07-18-2012, 04:10 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Nate is going to bend the league over next year and spank it
Already did. See the 2012 playoffs

Old
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Already did. See the 2012 playoffs
Rimouski disagrees.

Old
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Rimouski disagrees.
Quebec insists that it will be Fucale spanking the league !!

Old
07-18-2012, 08:12 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Rimouski disagrees.
F u!

At least he rocked Babineau

Closed Thread