HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky To Pittsburgh

Old
07-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Don't want him and I wouldn't give Tangradi up for him.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Prattio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
well thats just dumb. Id take hemskey playing half seasons for the next 5 years for tangradi lol.

Prattio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:51 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Edmonton have enough AHL wingers today, so no need for Tangradi.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:10 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I can't believe people are still talking in this topic. Pitts fans want Hemsky but figure he is not worth anything.

Topic done, I can't wait until Hemsky comes back healthy and has his .78 points per game average or a bit higher. These are the 5 players that Hemsky will be playing with next year:
Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yak, and Gagner.
You have to like that.
where did you get that impression? Because ONE fan posted a topic, now we all want him? The consensus of most pens fans seems to be, "if he's cheap we'll take him," not "we need him, give him to us for free."

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:14 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I think something around Hemsky for Martin makes sense for both teams.
Not really.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Not really.
Yep. Not after they ship out Michalek and don't get in on any of the top UFA D-man. Pens are stuck with'em for the time being.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:32 PM
thejew09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Based on what, exactly? The expectations of impatient fans who don't understand that waiver-eligible players have to blow people away to earn a roster spot on a contender?
Based on the fact that he has yet to have a role with our team. Proven talent (Hemsky) is much more valuable to us at this point then possible talent. If Hemsky comes here, he'd play in the top 6 and put up at least 50 points (I'd say that's a reasonable number). If we stick with Tangradi, there's an off-chance that he'll cement a role in our top 6, and it's highly unlikely that he'll crack 50 pts.

thejew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:21 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Yep. Not after they ship out Michalek and don't get in on any of the top UFA D-man. Pens are stuck with'em for the time being.
That. Plus there is the risk factor. Which is more likely: Martin playing solid hockey or Hemsky just playing?

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
That. Plus there is the risk factor. Which is more likely: Martin playing solid hockey or Hemsky just playing?
Martin playing hockey in general would be a good start

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejew09 View Post
Based on the fact that he has yet to have a role with our team. Proven talent (Hemsky) is much more valuable to us at this point then possible talent. If Hemsky comes here, he'd play in the top 6 and put up at least 50 points (I'd say that's a reasonable number). If we stick with Tangradi, there's an off-chance that he'll cement a role in our top 6, and it's highly unlikely that he'll crack 50 pts.
By God, a 23 year old prospect who hasn't cracked an NHL line-up yet?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:27 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
By God, a 23 year old prospect who hasn't cracked an NHL line-up yet?
Is he waiver eligible? Was he last year? At 23 unless he came through the college ranks you'd have to think that the shine is coming off a bit wouldn't you? If we were to trade Hemsky we'd need something tangible for him not a prospect.

EDIT-He came through the CHL, will be waiver eligible this season and this is his career NHL stat line: 40gp. 1-4-5 26pim.

Ummmm how about NOOOOOOO?

At this point he's on the verge of becoming a career AHLer, the Oilers who are stacked at forward would need to keep him on the roster ahead of guys that have fared far better in the NHL and are younger in Paajarvi and Hartikainen on the farm so as to not chance losing him for nothing. Unless we are looking for a straight cap dump (we're not, if we were we would've let him walk/traded him for peanuts last deadline) this trade makes 0 sense for the Oilers no matter how much you pump Tangradi's tires.

07-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Is he waiver eligible? Was he last year? At 23 unless he came through the college ranks you'd have to think that the shine is coming off a bit wouldn't you? If we were to trade Hemsky we'd need something tangible for him not a prospect.

EDIT-He came through the CHL, will be waiver eligible this season and this is his career NHL stat line: 40gp. 1-4-5 26pim.

Ummmm how about NOOOOOOO?

At this point he's on the verge of becoming a career AHLer, the Oilers who are stacked at forward would need to keep him on the roster ahead of guys that have fared far better in the NHL and are younger in Paajarvi and Hartikainen on the farm so as to not chance losing him for nothing. Unless we are looking for a straight cap dump (we're not, if we were we would've let him walk/traded him for peanuts last deadline) this trade makes 0 sense for the Oilers no matter how much you pump Tangradi's tires.
You came in late to the show friend, and missed the sequence of posts. I was only addressing the poster's comment "Tangradi appears that he'll never get a chance [in Pittsburgh]", and said nothing about moving him for Hemsky. In fact, I'd rather keep Tangradi, so you don't need to dissuade me from any deal centered around the two.

It's notoriously difficult for young, waiver-eligible players to crack the Pens line-up because a) the Pens are a contender and b) Bylsma heavily favours experienced veterans. Tangradi's injuries (severed thumb tendon, concussion thanks to Trevor Gillies) and necessary recovery time also prolonged his development.

I'd prefer the Pens hang onto him since he was finally healthy and produced well last season, we could use his size, physicality, and net presence, and there's no longer any easy way to send him back down to the minors. So we're both happy with the non-trade.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Ricky Bobby

Toronto will trade Pittsburgh one of CMac or Connolly shortly after we sort out if JVR can play center and when Kadri makes the jump to the NHL a permanent thing.

CMac is a winger and Connolly although a natural center can also play the wing.

A 2nd rounder plus project prospect OR 3rd/4th rounder sounds about right.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 10:51 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Toronto will trade Pittsburgh one of CMac or Connolly shortly after we sort out if JVR can play center and when Kadri makes the jump to the NHL a permanent thing.

CMac is a winger and Connolly although a natural center can also play the wing.

A 2nd rounder plus project prospect OR 3rd/4th rounder sounds about right.
Not really interested in MacArthur and definitely don't want Connolly.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote