HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Nash Thread V (All things Nash here: DREGER: Nash to NYR)

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Is Porty that stupid or does he just not see the writing on the wall?

Nash IS until he's traded. Seeing as there's no trade in sight...
I agree. Though, Aaron Portzline seems to have as much inside info on the Blue Jackets as my three year old daughter, sometimes ... so take his comments for what they are worth.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Crede777
Deputized

As far as I'm concerned, Howson needs to give Nash some mixture of the Batman and the Spider-Man speeches.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:59 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I agree. Though, Aaron Portzline seems to have as much inside info on the Blue Jackets as my three year old daughter, sometimes ... so take his comments for what they are worth.
It seemed to me to be more of an attempt at a joke. Attempt being the operative word.

Old
07-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
It seemed to me to be more of an attempt at a joke. Attempt being the operative word.

A day in the life of Aaron Portzline.

Old
07-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
It is typical of late and a very lame attempt at humor to say the least!

Old
07-14-2012, 09:59 PM
jktsfan*

Glad to see some of you finally coming to the realization that Portzline is "that stupid".

Old
07-14-2012, 11:00 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@Aportzline: "@cbjfan161: @Aportzline When's the next dispatch chat and cannon fodder?" / Soon. Kinda waitin' on a certain somethin' to happen.

Keep beating that drum AP. :

Old
07-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
What's wrong with my avy, sore loser? I worked hard to create this masterpiece.

Old
07-15-2012, 02:30 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
What's wrong with my avy, sore loser? I worked hard to create this masterpiece.
Hey, I like it.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:51 AM
ndd17
Hate the rags

I want very much to Rick stayed in the team. In Russia, the Columbus Blue Jackets associated only with the name of Rick Nash.I am sure he will bring a lot of good jackets.
I beg your pardon my English, I'm from Russia.

Old
07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
ndd17
Hate the rags

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...amp-nears.html

Old
07-15-2012, 09:27 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
@Aportzline: "@cbjfan161: @Aportzline When's the next dispatch chat and cannon fodder?" / Soon. Kinda waitin' on a certain somethin' to happen.

Keep beating that drum AP. :
Sheldon Souray signing.

Old
07-15-2012, 09:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndd17 View Post
Thanks for the link, ndd. One of the key points in the article is:

"Sources tell The Dispatch there is no chance Nash will rescind his trade request."

By the way, welcome to the CBJ board and don't worry about your English, we'll figure out what we think you mean and then you can correct us. We have several Russian-speaking members who will surely be of help to you, as well.

Old
07-15-2012, 10:12 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post

"Sources tell The Dispatch there is no chance Nash will rescind his trade request."

By the way, welcome to the CBJ board and don't worry about your English, we'll figure out what we think you mean and then you can correct us. We have several Russian-speaking members who will surely be of help to you, as well.
That's all fine and dandy but if there are no willing trade partners for Howson's demands then it will be "interesting"

Many things working against a trade now:

Howson's demands
Nash's list ( I know, I know its "fictitious" but it is still there)
The new CBA
Time

And as for the deadline next year - I just don't see a contender ponying up what Howson would want at that point in the season.

If I was Howson, I'd commit to a full rebuild and go back with hat in hand to the list and give them a list of my lowered requirements
(specific names & picks) and see if any bite.

Otherwise, who knows how it will play out.

Old
07-15-2012, 10:21 AM
ndd17
Hate the rags

Quote:

By the way, welcome to the CBJ board
Thank you. But still it will be very sorry if Rick leaves the team. I have several acquaintances who might call roster, for example, Philadelphia Flers, but when I tell them to Columbus, they know only Nash. Even Nikitin and Tyutin recall not once, but Nash knew.

Old
07-15-2012, 10:52 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndd17 View Post
Thank you. But still it will be very sorry if Rick leaves the team. I have several acquaintances who might call roster, for example, Philadelphia Flers, but when I tell them to Columbus, they know only Nash. Even Nikitin and Tyutin recall not once, but Nash knew.
That's interesting that even our Russian players are not known in their homeland! Of course, if the team was ever better than awful, maybe more players would become well-known! Columbus has had several high-profile Russians, in the past - Filatov, Zherdev, Federov - and has added Sergei Bobrovsky, this season, so it's odd that only Nash would be known over there. You'll have to spread the word among your friends!

Old
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:

Good to see they only refer to it as a TRADEDEMANDOMG when it fits their narrative better

Old
07-15-2012, 10:59 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:

He sure loves his unnamed sources. Number one reason not to take anything he reports seriously.

07-15-2012, 11:39 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
He sure loves his unnamed sources. Number one reason not to take anything he reports seriously.

AP is far from perfect (what was the pont of those Reds/Nash tweets?), but comments like this continue to illustrate some fundamental misunderstandings about the realities of media and sourcing.

Old
07-15-2012, 11:42 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Unlike most journalists.

Start naming your sources and they will dry up quicker than a Jacket 2 goal lead.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:00 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Hey, friendly foreign fan here.

I'm sure this has been discussed all offseason, so I hate to make you repeat it (I'm sure I could something if I wanted to dig through Rick Nash threads I-IV). Any help is appreciated.

There's a popular refrain that Rick Nash is being overvalued. If I'm looking at him, I see a ~65 point winger. Great player, but not a franchise player for most teams. I also tend to value centers more in general, because they are required to be the better two way players in most systems. I'm not sure if Nash does a lot of PKing or brings a ton of intangible to the table, so maybe you can flesh that out for me. If I were to compare him to someone on Buffalo, for example, I would say he's probably worth a little less than Jason Pominville (who is our top PK forward, just had a better season statistically and averages a slightly higher point total over the last 6 years).

So maybe someone can spell out why Nash seems to be worth two proven forwards and a high pick or prospect? Is he a great defensive player or plays the PK? What kinds of proven forwards are you expecting? Top 6ers?

Old
07-15-2012, 12:11 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Unlike most journalists.

Start naming your sources and they will dry up quicker than a Jacket 2 goal lead.
Nothing wrong with quoting sources if you are a creditable reporter, but given his track record over the past year plus there is nothing to suggest he is creditable IMO.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Nothing wrong with quoting sources if you are a creditable reporter, but given his track record over the past year plus there is nothing to suggest he is creditable IMO.
Can you please refresh me on his track record over the past year.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:40 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Hey, friendly foreign fan here.

I'm sure this has been discussed all offseason, so I hate to make you repeat it (I'm sure I could something if I wanted to dig through Rick Nash threads I-IV). Any help is appreciated.

There's a popular refrain that Rick Nash is being overvalued. If I'm looking at him, I see a ~65 point winger. Great player, but not a franchise player for most teams. I also tend to value centers more in general, because they are required to be the better two way players in most systems. I'm not sure if Nash does a lot of PKing or brings a ton of intangible to the table, so maybe you can flesh that out for me. If I were to compare him to someone on Buffalo, for example, I would say he's probably worth a little less than Jason Pominville (who is our top PK forward, just had a better season statistically and averages a slightly higher point total over the last 6 years).

So maybe someone can spell out why Nash seems to be worth two proven forwards and a high pick or prospect? Is he a great defensive player or plays the PK? What kinds of proven forwards are you expecting? Top 6ers?
Don't know if this will change your mind, but I think it represent one point of view, here. Pominville has scored 30 goals twice in his career. Nash? Seven times, including the last five in a row. Goal scorers are at a premium. Just like "chicks dig the long ball." In addition, Nash is a huge threat to score shorthanded and is a better passer than he's given credit for (hasn't had many decent finishers to dish to). Yes, Howson is looking for two proven forward with scoring potential. Might not get them, though.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:42 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu View Post
Can you please refresh me on his track record over the past year.
How in hell would that be judged? Reporting sports isn't a contest! Believe or disbelieve whatever you choose.

Closed Thread