HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

vCash: 500
Joyce Clark came by to speak to the pac this morning. She spoke to Tindall about the tax initiative. Tindall has several court decisions supporting their position and they are confident they will prevail. She expects a hearing in the next 10 days.

She reiterated that she is not affiliated with the pac in any way other than being supportive our our cause. I suspect some of her opponents are trying to stir things up.

She is up for reelection. She has been staunchly behind keeping the Coyotes in AZ. We need to keep her on the COG council so she can continue to be an advocate. Over the past few weeks, 20 of her campaign signs have been stolen or destroyed. If anyone would like to make a donation to her campaign or is willing to help distribute flyers, go to her website for details. Any $ or time you can offer will be appreciated.

Old
07-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
... all they had to do is spend a few minutes reading that secretary of state booklet. It really doesn't take an attorney to read and understand it.

...yepp, so good luck with that.

Last edited by Killion: 07-14-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old
07-15-2012, 12:01 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
I could handle the ownership mess being finalized this week along with a Shane Doan signing. Especially after watching Mike Smith's 54 save game vs. Columbus last night. Same game where Gordon blocked a shot on the PP, got hurt, and went down and blocked a second one. Ready for the season to begin again.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I could handle the ownership mess being finalized this week along with a Shane Doan signing. Especially after watching Mike Smith's 54 save game vs. Columbus last night. Same game where Gordon blocked a shot on the PP, got hurt, and went down and blocked a second one. Ready for the season to begin again.
That, Doans hatty, and Whitneys 1k were the best games of the (regular) season IMO.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
That, Doans hatty, and Whitneys 1k were the best games of the (regular) season IMO.
I was there for both. The hatty was my birthday, too. The 1kay was my pre bachelor party party.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Those last two games vs St. Louis and Minnesota for the division championship weren't too bad either.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:53 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Doaner's hatter by far the best. Coming back from the 3-0 deficit to beat LA and keep the unbeaten streak alive was my #2.

Old
07-15-2012, 02:50 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Those last two games vs St. Louis and Minnesota for the division championship weren't too bad either.
I loved the game against St. Louis. They absolutely dominated every aspect of the hockey game, and got me really excited for the playoffs. The Blues game earlier that I went to with Doaner was a complete bust, and we looked lost out on the ice.

Old
07-15-2012, 04:22 PM
strizzy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Coming back from the 3-0 deficit to beat LA and keep the unbeaten streak alive was my #2.
I'll never forget that game, such a great comeback, and one of Vrbata's best games that I can remember.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
I remember another great comeback win against the Kings (it's always the Kings) from many seasons ago. We were down 4-0 going into the third period, and won 6-5 in overtime. Brian Savage scored the winning goal. It was quite awesome.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

This thread is accurately named. Cluster**** indeed. If dude doesn't have his sigs, can we finally bring out the shovels on him?

Old
07-16-2012, 12:11 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Is this the day or what?
Going with no.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:08 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

BoH cracks me up.

Sun set in the west today. Surely a sign that god wants the Coyotes out of Phoenix. Several hours later the Sun returned, this time rising in the east. Pretty clear sign from above that the franchise is meant to be in Quebec.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:11 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
BoH cracks me up.
I enjoy how now that its the off season, we apparently need more than two threads for this. Last week there were like 6, one for each ridiculous news story. All could have easily been thrown into the mega thread series.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

New blog from George Fallar with details on the sales tax initiative and why it was rejected.

http://nebulousverbosity.com/?p=1491

Old
07-16-2012, 09:23 AM
korpedo

I expect something new to come out today, because even though doans agent said there isn't a time table for him signing, the franchise doesn't want him looking elsewhere. So with this being the original deadline from last week I expect at least a little bit of new news

Old
07-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
I expect something new to come out today, because even though doans agent said there isn't a time table for him signing, the franchise doesn't want him looking elsewhere. So with this being the original deadline from last week I expect at least a little bit of new news
I think there are some dominos that need to fall in place. Doan will not sign with the Coyotes unless he has been reasonably assured that the team is staying. I do not think Jamsion is going to close until he has been assured that COG will win the tax initiative suit and/or COG will continue to honor the lease agreement if by some chance a judge sides with Save Glendale.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:05 AM
korpedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
I think there are some dominos that need to fall in place. Doan will not sign with the Coyotes unless he has been reasonably assured that the team is staying. I do not think Jamsion is going to close until he has been assured that COG will win the tax initiative suit and/or COG will continue to honor the lease agreement if by some chance a judge sides with Save Glendale.
Isn't today the last day that they can file a lawsuit? I heard the CoG attorney say this on THE FAN. Can anyone confirm this?

Old
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
If JIG is waiting for ALL hurdles to he cleared, both current and hypothetical, then Doan may as well select a new team and sign today. Further, I guess there is zero chance anything is completed before a new CBA is decided on.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:26 AM
zz

Quote:
If JIG is waiting for ALL hurdles to he cleared, both current and hypothetical, then Doan may as well select a new team and sign today. Further, I guess there is zero chance anything is completed before a new CBA is decided on.
That's what I'm thinking too. There's no point in setting artificial deadlines - they won't be met. Either Doan signs now with a different team, or he puts his career at risk and waits indefinitely.

If I were him, I'd sign somewhere else. Maybe a short contract, one or two years, in order to keep his options open. Although at his age, considering that his play has slipped quite a bit over the past couple of years, it may be wise for him to get the best deal possible.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:30 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Does anyone believe there is any chance JIG closes a deal prior to a new CBA?

Old
07-16-2012, 11:31 AM
zz

Quote:
If JIG is waiting for ALL hurdles to he cleared, both current and hypothetical...
My guess is Jamison is using every excuse imaginable to buy some time. I've said 1000 times - I don't see any investor supporting a $ 170 M purchase for this franchise in its current location. I can also see Bettman not moving one bit on the asking price until he's got no other option, meaning when next season starts, losses start piling on, and the COG doesn't put the $ 25M in escrow.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:33 AM
korpedo

I've been thinking for a long time that doan not signing with phoenix, while not ideal, may not be the tragedy we all think. Give us more flexibility with cap space plus it allows other guys (Hanzal, yandle) a chance to step up as leaders. I'm just saying a different direction might not be Terrible

Old
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
I've been thinking for a long time that doan not signing with phoenix, while not ideal, may not be the tragedy we all think. Give us more flexibility with cap space plus it allows other guys (Hanzal, Yandle) a chance to step up as leaders. I'm just saying a different direction might not be Terrible
I don't know about that! Backwards is a direction I wouldn't want the Coyotes to go.

Old
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM
cobra427

Quote:
I've been thinking for a long time that doan not signing with phoenix, while not ideal, may not be the tragedy we all think. Give us more flexibility with cap space plus it allows other guys (Hanzal, yandle) a chance to step up as leaders. I'm just saying a different direction might not be Terrible
I agree, would love to have him back, but the loss might not be that bad. The league is so fast right now, speed and quickness are at a premium. The big aging players have a tougher time keeping up (Morris), in their later years. We would miss the leadership and intangibles more then his skill, hard to put a value on that, but Tip seems to have a good group, and control, direction, regardless.

Closed Thread