HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oshie negotiations

Old
07-14-2012, 08:43 PM
jarmoismyhero

vCash: 500
Oshie negotiations

I asked a similar question on the trade board more geared towards Weber but I will ask same question with Oshie in mind. With the first CBA proposal put forth by the owners, you would have to assume some of the stuff will go through and most will be met in the middle, either way players are gonna get screwed. So would this make Oshie more inclined to possibly sign a longer term deal for about 4.5 million? Would this make the owners less inclined to sign him to a longer term deal? Say Oshie gets offered 4.5 million per for 6 years, do you think the possability of a new CBA that heavily favors the owners would make him more inclined to accept? Or do you think it makes no difference at this point?

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Considering Oshie's deal will get done well before anyone knows what the new CBA will realistically look like, I'd say it won't have much impact. I also don't think the new CBA will have much impact on how Armstrong negotiates since he doesn't seem to like those huge term type deals anyway.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:00 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Considering Oshie's deal will get done well before anyone knows what the new CBA will realistically look like, I'd say it won't have much impact. I also don't think the new CBA will have much impact on how Armstrong negotiates since he doesn't seem to like those huge term type deals anyway.
Well if Oshie just signs a one or two year deal to take him to UFA then it could very well effect the way the Oshie camp looks at this. If he signs 2 year deal then hits UFA and say there is a cap on the number of years of say 5 years. I guess this would all be dependent on Armstong being willing to go to 7 years and 4-4.5 per. Which you are right I dont see that happening. Although I would like to see a deal in that range.

Old
07-14-2012, 09:02 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Well if Oshie just signs a one or two year deal to take him to UFA then it could very well effect the way the Oshie camp looks at this. If he signs 2 year deal then hits UFA and say there is a cap on the number of years of say 5 years. I guess this would all be dependent on Armstong being willing to go to 7 years and 4-4.5 per. Which you are right I dont see that happening. Although I would like to see a deal in that range.
The Blues get to make the call on whether the deal is for one or two years should they actually make it to arbitration. I don't think there's any chance that the Blues elect for the two year option.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:10 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
The Blues get to make the call on whether the deal is for one or two years should they actually make it to arbitration. I don't think there's any chance that the Blues elect for the two year option.
Forgot that the team got to choose I thought it was the arbitrator for some reason. Well since the team gets to pick then I completely agree they will only choose the one year deal. Would still like to see them lock him up now to a 6 year deal even if it is Backes money.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Mike Liut

6x4.5

git-r-done

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:21 PM
BadgersandBlues

I think that they should increase his AAV per years he signs for. We shouldn't sign him for anything less then 4 years. If he wants only 4 years, it should be for 4 mil a year. If it's 5, we should increase that to 4.25 a year, and if it's 6, we should increase it to 4.5 a year.

So the contract would either be 4/16, 5/21, or 6/27. I think those numbers are reasonable for both sides. If Oshie wants more, get him on a one year deal via arbitration, then look to deal him for AP's partner.

BadgersandBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I like 5 years at 4.25

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:01 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

4x4.5

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Deko

I like even numbers so 5 years and 20 million, 4 million per year. Armstrong has managed to get discount with other players (Perron and Jackman) so I don't see why he couldn't do that with Oshie too.

Deko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

Oshie sells enough jerseys to make 4.5, lock that boy up

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:14 PM
MadDog6

Whatever he goes for, the Blues better do it fast because his arbitration hearing is on the 20th.

MadDog6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
stlweir

Everyone is tossing out some attractive #s for Oshie and he is entering his prime but he has never scored 20 goals. He can play in any situation and does but goal scorers get the bigger contracts. He had a rough go in the playoffs as well. I think the Blues are offering less than the #s being projected here. We'll see shortly.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Everyone is tossing out some attractive #s for Oshie and he is entering his prime but he has never scored 20 goals. He can play in any situation and does but goal scorers get the bigger contracts. He had a rough go in the playoffs as well. I think the Blues are offering less than the #s being projected here. We'll see shortly.
And if the Blues are offering less he will take the years and then hit the open market where he knows someone will give it to him.

And if that is the case I would look into packaging him for a top LHD.

Although I would be thrilled with 5 or 6 year deal somewhere between 4 and 4.5.

Last edited by jarmoismyhero: 07-15-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old
07-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deko View Post
I like even numbers so 5 years and 20 million, 4 million per year.
Five is an odd number.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote