HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Flexlite 4.0's versus Nexus skates?

Old
07-14-2012, 11:18 PM
clayman

vCash: 500
Bauer Flexlite 4.0's versus Nexus skates?

I have the CCM U+12's and just can't come to terms with them. I've read the Flexlites are more of an old school leather skate feel but they've been replaced by the Nexus line. Anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance for any help!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
clayman

Well, just as an update to anyone else that might be looking for more of an old school boot feel I went to my lhs today and talked to him, told him what I was looking for, and he had a pair of Graf Supra 735's there that had been worn once. He let me try them out in the session going on and I was sold! These things are great! And on top of that he traded me straight across for my CCM's!

It's a good day!

Old
07-15-2012, 05:26 PM
AIREAYE

Check out my skate guide at the top sticky; I just updated for Nexus, thanks for the indirect reminder!

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:13 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Check out my skate guide at the top sticky; I just updated for Nexus, thanks for the indirect reminder!
I hope you're not going to say the Nexus are so much better then the Graf's! lol..

Old
07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
AIREAYE

Haha, I have never tried on a pair of Grafs, nor had a comprehensive learning period with them so I cannot say.

Old
07-15-2012, 08:25 PM
clayman

I was actually very impressed with them and as far as flexibility and instant comfort I was amazed. I haven't even baked them and they were worlds ahead of my CCM's, and they've been baked numerous times, stretched, tweaked and still felt off. If I outlast these things, I might try a pair of Nexus next time though! Great advice in your skate guide though, good job!

Old
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
goonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Haha, I have never tried on a pair of Grafs, nor had a comprehensive learning period with them so I cannot say.
Suggestion for guide. Some smaller adults (like me 5'8") can fit in junior skates. Great bang for buck as they are 200+ cheaper than adult sizes.

I'm a 5.5EE so just sharing that info with people who think they have to buy adult skates. They should give try a 5.5 if they can fit in a 6 and still feel a bit loose

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:09 AM
AIREAYE

Appreciate the suggestion and it is cheaper to get Junior skates, but only if they fit well.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Vuronov

Goonx, what is your foot size by chance? I'm 5'6" and wear 7.5D in Reebok/CCM and had always wondered about Jr skates since I can usually accommodate some Jr protective gear.

Vuronov is offline   Reply With Quote