Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 10:37 AM
misterjaggers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Glad to be of help.

Remember- you can email or PM me any time if you have questions. If I don't know the answer then, I'll get it.

Also- keep an eye on Vaclav Meidl (Plymouth- OHL). He's the atypical Euro who loves to hit and initiate contact. If he can demonstrate the skills and consistency, he could break into the first round.
Do you think the potential for transfer fee extortion will somewhat dampen the demand for Russian prospects?

Old
11-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Dr_Chimera*

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Chimera* Send a message via MSN to Dr_Chimera*
I think it's premature and actually misleading to label Stafford as a power forward. There is a reason as to why most do not rank him with the likes of Pineault and Olesz. He can bang and he can score, but he does not project to be an elite scorer in my eyes. But a solid second-line type he can certainly become.

Booth is a bit similar in this respect as well, but few define him as a power forward.

Old
11-30-2003, 11:31 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Chimera
I think it's premature and actually misleading to label Stafford as a power forward. There is a reason as to why most do not rank him with the likes of Pineault and Olesz. He can bang and he can score, but he does not project to be an elite scorer in my eyes. But a solid second-line type he can certainly become.

Booth is a bit similar in this respect as well, but few define him as a power forward.
so would you consider stafford to be a hartnell type player? if that's the case, he'd look very nice in the spoked B

Old
11-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:

I stand by my assessment.

I feel that Stafford has power forward potential, but we won't know for sure for a long time.

Old
11-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Dr_Chimera*

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Chimera* Send a message via MSN to Dr_Chimera*
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
so would you consider stafford to be a hartnell type player? if that's the case, he'd look very nice in the spoked B
He's a Scatchard-type. Which would be pretty darn good, but some people are getting the idea that he'll be a Guerin which he won't be.
A very solid, physical spirited player who should go mid-to-late in the first round if all goes well.

Old
11-30-2003, 02:46 PM
DR. Holiday

Quote:

So kirk is being misleading because in your eyes the guy won't be a powerforward. Ummm ok

Old
12-01-2003, 01:15 AM
misterjaggers

RLR on USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...woodlief_x.htm

Old
12-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Schlep Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
I stand by my assessment.

I feel that Stafford has power forward potential, but we won't know for sure for a long time.
Kirk,

There's a chance Drew won't even be in this year's draft.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
The good news is that the Bruins should be able to deal the #1 and 2 #2s for about 4 3rd round picks on draft day.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:33 PM
DR. Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirtbag
I've seen Robbie Schremp enough to say he's a poor mans Sidney Crosby. That's not a bad thing!
Avery poor man's skill wise and add in the bad attitude and they shouldn't even be mentioned together

Last edited by DR. Holiday: 12-01-2003 at 07:54 PM.
Closed Thread