HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Jerry D'amigo and Deschamps..

Old
07-15-2012, 04:30 PM
SteveV*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
and ruin their development!
My goodness, one was drafted FOUR years ago, the other THREE. 22 and 21 are hardly babes.

I think DAmigo gets a long look, Deschamps might be a injury callup if he continues to work hard.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:34 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
He's not here to score goals.

Orr and Rosehill being available do NOT make Brown redundant. He does exactly what he's supposed to do: he provides energy using his speed and grit.

Neither of them are like either Brown of MacArthur.

There is nothing to suggest this is true.

Cap room isn't a huge issue; Brown makes an insignificant amount greater than either player.

We need to have reliable options on our team until we can prove our top-end 'stars' can carry us. Replacing Brown and Mac for total question marks is completely uncalculated and leaving yourself open for trouble when Kessel and the like run into dry spots. Thank God that is something Burke would never do.
yeah i keep hearing everyone criticize D & D for not having any NHL games under their belts. Holzer has 2 NHL games under his belt, but it's pretty obvious he's going to be playing this year and replacing Schenn. you're right though. we can't rely on Kessel and his dry spots. a 1C and G might help no? how do we fill those positions? by trading our struggling roster players? also why put so much stock into the 3rd line forward position and the 4th line forward position. you think Crabb was the only one NHL worthy to be there? also Brown is expendable. he's not that vital to this team.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

deschamps will never make the nhl
d'amigo possibly could be a fourth liner next year

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
deschamps will never make the nhl
d'amigo possibly could be a fourth liner next year
LOL

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
yeah i keep hearing everyone criticize D & D for not having any NHL games under their belts. Holzer has 2 NHL games under his belt, but it's pretty obvious he's going to be playing this year and replacing Schenn. you're right though. we can't rely on Kessel and his dry spots. a 1C and G might help no? how do we fill those positions? by trading our struggling roster players? also why put so much stock into the 3rd line forward position and the 4th line forward position. you think Crabb was the only one NHL worthy to be there? also Brown is expendable. he's not that vital to this team.
What makes you think it's "obvious"?

We have

Phaneuf Gunnar
Gardiner Liles
Franson Komi

All of them have NHL experience. Holzer doesn't have near the experience, and despite the FO really pumping his tires, he's still going to have to beat one of those out of camp for a spot.

He has an up-hill battle.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

hope can be quality 3rd line guys so we don't have to pay guys like Armstrong, Lombardi those roles.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Holzer will be the #7 dman and has proven over an entire season that we was a top 5, top 10 best dmen in the AHL. The season before he was very good too.

Neither D'Amigo or Deschamps have proven over an extended period of time (half season or more) that they're a top AHLer let alone ready for an NHL stint.

Plus they don't fight, have the size or play with the edge Holzer does.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:51 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Neither play defense like Holzer either....lol

Old
07-15-2012, 04:59 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Feel good story of the year. Luca is a reminder of the Poni trade. I think the future is going to be bright Deschamps here. I'm not saying he'll be better than Poni, but I see him bringing different elements that were never in Poni's game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Deschamps hits.. Poni.. not so much.
Poni
NHL TOTALS
Games: 636
Goals: 135
Assists: 179
+/-: 48

We can hope that Deschamps is as successful, it would mean he's a player and not a prospect.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
LOL
I wish people actually put some thought and words behind their muted responses. This says nothing and my comment will probably generate a response equally as useless like that doesn't surprise me that you can't see his skill.

For me, maybe he plays a game or two like Hanson did for leafs or even gets a spot like Boyce though I don't see much hope beyond that at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Holzer will be the #7 dman and has proven over an entire season that we was a top 5, top 10 best dmen in the AHL. The season before he was very good too.

Neither D'Amigo or Deschamps have proven over an extended period of time (half season or more) that they're a top AHLer let alone ready for an NHL stint.

Plus they don't fight, have the size or play with the edge Holzer does.
I'm hoping that Holzer will outplay Komisarek well enough to let him enjoy the press box

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Neither play defense like Holzer either....lol
you are the exact same reactionary that was furious with me last fall when i said that "Schenn would be moved out of Toronto to make room for Holzer." i was berated for that, and this is the same old thing. die hard Schenn fans thinking i don't know what i'm talking about because i offer a more promising solution. you think that your opinion of kadri is more grounded / "based on reality" because you're a huge fan, but me bringing up Deschamps is not reality. ok. time will tell. it always does.

good luck to you.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:16 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
you are the exact same reactionary that was furious with me last fall when i said that "Schenn would be moved out of Toronto to make room for Holzer." i was berated for that, and this is the same old thing. die hard Schenn fans thinking i don't know what i'm talking about because i offer a more promising solution. you think that your opinion of kadri is more grounded / "based on reality" because you're a huge fan, but me bringing up Deschamps is not reality. ok. time will tell. it always does.

good luck to you.

No. lol. You completely avoid explaining any of the baseless posts you make, when asked.

Schenn wasn't moved out of Toronto to "make room for Holzer". So if that's what you're trying to argue, you're ... well.... wrong. He was moved out, as he was a player with solid potential in a position of strength, for a player with solid potential in a position of need.

Please, again, explain to us what makes these guys NHL ready. You keep avoiding providing evidence, and making this a personal attack on me. I'm not berating you for something ridiculous, I'm simply pointing out that you're not even supporting your point with any evidence.

Stop making it a personal attack, and actually back up your argument. It's that simple. I'm not a cookie cutter individual, I'm someone who sees things for what they are.

Now, please.... Explain the point you were trying to make, and prove to those of us participating, and questioning it, why you believe it to be the truth. That's not asking the world, that's asking what is logical.

Stop attacking people like a child, and have a spirited, intelligent conversation like an adult.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:50 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I wish people actually put some thought and words behind their muted responses. This says nothing and my comment will probably generate a response equally as useless like that doesn't surprise me that you can't see his skill.

For me, maybe he plays a game or two like Hanson did for leafs or even gets a spot like Boyce though I don't see much hope beyond that at this point.
I can't see his skill set? I guess your an expert, you have seen him play more than me and that I don't know nothing about hockey.

Deschamps is REALLY underrated.

Was a very early 2nd round pick(35th overall) in 2008.
Scoring leader in the QMJHL in 2009/10 (tied with Sean Couturier).
Pretty decent first pro season last year(80-15-31-46).
Since he's with the Marlies, he's one of their best forward(Regular season: 40-7-23-30)(Playoffs:17-3-9-12). Also had a 5 points night in the regular season.

So Deschamps made a lot of thing that show us that he has top 6 upside offensively (High draft pick, scoring leader in the QMJHL, decent first pro season, one of the best forward on his AHL team on one of the best team in the league (Marlies), a 5 points night in the AHL, etc).

And if he doesn't make it as a top 6 forward (more likely), he can become a good 3rd liner/bottom 6er. He's fast, good two-way game and good defensively, backcheck, work hard, he's big, finish his checks, etc. Will also bring some offense to the bottom six.

Very solid prospects.

PS: Deschamps was the next call up if we didn't acquired Ashton. Yeah, people will tell me that it's not true and that I'm not an insider. I don't care, don't believe me if you don't want, believe me I if you want.

Last edited by QMJHLfollower: 07-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
I can't see his skill set? I guess your an expert, you have seen him play more than me and that I don't know nothing about hockey.

Since he's with the Marlies, he's one of their best forward(Regular season: 40-7-23-30)(Playoffs:17-3-9-12). Also had a 5 points night in the regular season.

So Deschamps made a lot of thing that show us that he has top 6 upside offensively (High draft pick, scoring leader in the QMJHL, decent first pro season, one of the best forward on his AHL team on one of the best team in the league (Marlies), a 5 points night in the AHL, etc).

And if he doesn't make it as a top 6 forward (more likely), he can become a good 3rd liner/bottom 6er. He's fast, good two-way game and good defensively, backcheck, work hard, he's big, finish his checks, etc. Will also bring some offense to the bottom line.

Very solid prospects.

PS: Deschamps was the next call up if we didn't acquired Ashton. Yeah, people will tell me that it's not true and that I'm not an insider. I don't care, don't believe me I you don't want, believe me I if you want.
hi five my friend

good post.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

And if he doesn't make it as a top 6 forward (more likely), he can become a good 3rd liner/bottom 6er. He's fast, good two-way game and good defensively, backcheck, work hard, he's big, finish his checks, etc. Will also bring some offense to the bottom six.

Very solid prospects.

PS: Deschamps was the next call up if we didn't acquired Ashton. Yeah, people will tell me that it's not true and that I'm not an insider. I don't care, don't believe me I you don't want, believe me I if you want.
He maybe underrated but he still isn't high in our depth charts as some are posting.

I have a question though since you follow the QMJHL, is he capable of playing center? I could have sworn in his draft year that's what was said.

07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He maybe underrated but he still isn't high in our depth charts as some are posting.

I have a question though since you follow the QMJHL, is he capable of playing center? I could have sworn in his draft year that's what was said.
I don't see a lot of Leafs fans who put him high on our depth chart.

And in midget AAA and sometimes in junior he played center, but hasn't since being pro I believe.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:09 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:

Very solid prospects.

People will believe you when you provide evidence to the truth of this claim. If you have any, please provide.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I don't see a lot of Leafs fans who put him high on our depth chart.

And in midget AAA and sometimes in junior he played center, but hasn't since being pro I believe.
I personally see him as a Macarthur Clone on the wings, but a boy who is willing to use his body much better and a better two way game. However not as people thinking he should be able to make a spot from training camp.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:12 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
People will believe you when you provide evidence to the truth of this claim. If you have any, please provide.
Just don't believe me if you don't want, I don't care.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:13 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Just don't believe me if you don't want, I don't care.
Generally, when making a statement, you either add evidence, or in the case of one that has none, you start it with "IMO". That's all.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:14 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I personally see him as a Macarthur Clone on the wings, but a boy who is willing to use his body much better and a better two way game. However not as people thinking he should be able to make a spot from training camp.
Yeah, I agree with that.

Playing in the AHL as a top six forward next year will be better for his development than playing in the NHL in a bottom six role.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Generally, when making a statement, you either add evidence, or in the case of one that has none, you start it with "IMO". That's all.
I have source for this. I just don't want to tell them on this forum.

I didn't wanted this information here, I just did because it was a good argument to put in my explanation of why Derschamps has a good chance to be an NHL player in the future.

Like I said, I don't care, don't believe me if you don't want, believe me I if you want.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:20 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
I have source for this. I just don't want to tell them on this forum.

I didn't wanted this information here, I just did because it was a good argument to put in my explanation of why Derschamps has a good chance to be an NHL player in the future.

Like I said, I don't care, don't believe me if you don't want, believe me I if you want.
You have sources?

Why not get things verified by HF then, like Chuckwoods, and be legit?

Old
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
You have sources?

Why not get things verified by HF then, like Chuckwoods, and be legit?
No ahah, not source to be an insider, just a source that Deschamps was the next call up if we didn't acquired Ashton.

Old
07-15-2012, 06:23 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
No ahah, not source to be an insider, just a source that Deschamps was the next call up if we didn't acquired Ashton.
In order to be privy to that info, your source would have to work within the organization, and by that, I mean pretty close to the situation in the organization.

That wouldn't be inside sources?