HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Ball/Floor Hockey in Raleigh?

Old
07-14-2012, 12:02 AM
rusty28539

vCash: 500
Ball/Floor Hockey in Raleigh?

Hey guys, I just transferred into NC State and I'm trying to find some sports or something to do to meet some new people, stay in shape and all that jazz lol. Does anybody here know if State has any intramural ball/floor hockey leagues or of any in the area? My old school (Campbell University) had one, but it wasn't very well organized. I've only been ice skating once in my life, so ice hockey is def not an option hahaha

rusty28539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Psyduck
cephalalgia

I went to NCSU for four years and never heard of any ball hockey there. Dream Sports center in Apex used to do pickup games though. You'd need equipment but at least it's inline. Not sure if they still do pick up games but they have leagues too. I played there for a while and it was very fun even though I'm not a very good player.

Edit: Dream sports uses and inline puck, not a ball though. It won't be hard to get used to though.

Last edited by Psyduck: 07-14-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Addition of facts
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Actually, on Sunday nights Dreamsports Center had a ball hockey league (no skates, using a ball). I'm not sure if it is still going on for the summer though. I never played in it but I used to see them come in after I had coached a kids practice from time to time. I think Dreamsportscenter just rented the rink out to the Raleigh Street Hockey League though...and the league wasn't administered by Dreamsports like their roller hockey leagues are.

Go to http://www.raleighstreethockey.com for more info.

Dreamsports is www.dreamsportscenter.com

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:02 PM
GoCanes2013

Check out: http://trianglefloorball.org/

GoCanes2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:03 PM
rusty28539

Thanks! I'll definitely look into all of this when I get back up to Raleigh.

rusty28539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:48 PM
craigm3

If you're willing to make the commute to Chapel Hill (30 mins or so), there is a crew that plays there around 5 or 6 pm at the Southern Village roller rink.They are guys ranging from 20-60 and actually pretty darn good. Several are associated with UNC (so watch the trash talk haha). They are always open to new guys coming in. They skate hard and a have a great time. Really fun group and worth checking out! Played with them for years.

EDIT: All skill levels welcome. They all play on rollerblades and the goalie situation depends on who shows up. Otherwise they bring smaller nets for skaters to guard.

craigm3 is offline   Reply With Quote