HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

2012-13 Fighters by team

Old
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

vCash: 500
I'd include Horton as well just because he and Lucic feed off each other's emotions sometimes and it seems anytime there is a big scrum Horton comes away the only one paired up with someone and he doesn't just hug. He's far from a 'good' fighter but throws out of anger, how it should be in my mind. I doubt he stops dropping the gloves because of the concussions, but who knows.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:35 PM
newfy

So with rosters getting closer to what they will be, some additions may still occur but not huge changes for the most part. Who does everyone see as the softest teams going into the season?

I'm looking at the stars, jets, Columbus and Carolina. Nystrom the only semi tough guy in your lineup is pretty weak. And you know its bad when a wings fan calls out the toughness of your team lol.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:43 PM
CalgaryFlames1240

For the Flames you can add Sarich, he doesn't fight often but he can hang with the big guys.

CalgaryFlames1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
We all seem to be forgetting Alex Semin here.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Stick To Your Guns

You can probably add Cowen for Ottawa 3 fights (one preseason) last year as a rookie. Going to be looked to for toughness this year. Fought 2 heavies in Deveaux and Phaneuf.

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Add James Wisniewski for the Jackets.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
So with rosters getting closer to what they will be, some additions may still occur but not huge changes for the most part. Who does everyone see as the softest teams going into the season?

I'm looking at the stars, jets, Columbus and Carolina. Nystrom the only semi tough guy in your lineup is pretty weak. And you know its bad when a wings fan calls out the toughness of your team lol.
I wouldn't put Columbus in the same category as Carolina and Winnipeg. They re-signed Jared Boll, Derek Dorsett, and Derek MacKenzie. They won't be the toughest team out there, but they're not exactly soft.

Carolina looks awfully soft. Winnipeg lost Tanner Glass to Pittsburgh and hasn't really replaced him. Dallas looks pretty soft. Morrow is still pretty gritty. Fistric is an RFA. Makes me wonder if they'll pluck someone out of free agency before the season starts.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
I wouldn't put Columbus in the same category as Carolina and Winnipeg. They re-signed Jared Boll, Derek Dorsett, and Derek MacKenzie. They won't be the toughest team out there, but they're not exactly soft.

Carolina looks awfully soft. Winnipeg lost Tanner Glass to Pittsburgh and hasn't really replaced him. Dallas looks pretty soft. Morrow is still pretty gritty. Fistric is an RFA. Makes me wonder if they'll pluck someone out of free agency before the season starts.
Yeah I agree on Columbus. Boll and Dorsett are solid active fighters, but both seem to lose their fair share (especially Dorsett).

I think they stars are still the winner here though

Old
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Tampa Bay

BJ Crombeen
Ryan Malone
Keith Aulie
Vinny Lecavalier

Not trying to say the Lightning are the toughest team out there or anything, but I would add those two guys as well (especially "Muhammad" Aulie).

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:08 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
I'd include Horton as well just because he and Lucic feed off each other's emotions sometimes and it seems anytime there is a big scrum Horton comes away the only one paired up with someone and he doesn't just hug. He's far from a 'good' fighter but throws out of anger, how it should be in my mind. I doubt he stops dropping the gloves because of the concussions, but who knows.
Agreed. Doubt he quits. Had a great tilt with Rinaldo last year.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Yeah I agree on Columbus. Boll and Dorsett are solid active fighters, but both seem to lose their fair share (especially Dorsett).

Yeah, Boll takes on guys a lot bigger than him, so its understandable why he doesnt dominate every fight.

Keep in mind that there are still some guys out there that haven't signed yet:

Brad Winchester
Jim Vandermeer
Jay Rosehill
Byron Bitz
Matt Bradley
Guillaume Desbiens
Mike Commodore

Just off the top of my head.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
Add James Wisniewski for the Jackets.
Agreed with both players. I'd say the Bruin and Horton fan is even underrated Horton's ability to fight. He's no Lucic, but he's no sissy either.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Like I wrote in the opening post, to be on the list you must :
- fight at least 5 times per season or
- be able to fight heavyweights (Souray, Chara, Murray...)
Fair enough, in what way does Wisniewski and Bass not qualify then?

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:

Dorsett, Boll, Bass, Wisniewski. Hardly the softest team (even better considering it appears you're a wings fan) in the league, as a matter of fact one of a handful of teams with two 15 fight players to begin with.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:

Probably due to both being on the smaller side. Boll is our heavyweight, and he's 6-2 210. Dorsett is 5'10 and like 185 soaking wet.

Now if this was softest top 6, the CBJ would win by a landslide

Old
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimovs AK View Post
Dorsett, Boll, Bass, Wisniewski. Hardly the softest team (even better considering it appears you're a wings fan) in the league, as a matter of fact one of a handful of teams with two 15 fight players to begin with.
I forgot about Wiz. Definitely a good fighter when he goes but does Bass actually play more than a handful of call up games a season?

I think a reason I consider CBJ so soft is because all their fighting is done by pretty much 2 players, one of which is Dorsett. Hes got heart but he isnt scaring anyone. I think Boll is a solid light heavyweight but he also loses his fair share as well.

I would wager the wings are a tougher team this year then the Jackets (if thats what you mean earlier in your post).

Smith, Tootoo, Ericcson are all definitely tougher than Dorsett. That doesnt count Bertuzzi when he decides to fight. Abdelkader and Dorsett are probably fairly even.

Smith, Ericcson and Tootoo would all also probably give Boll a good scrap. Tootoo has fought him twice to a draw pretty much.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:50 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Agreed. Doubt he quits. Had a great tilt with Rinaldo last year.
Rinaldo is one of the last guys I'd ever want to fight, that was a good one but I felt bad for Horton, out of his element there once the original adrenaline/rage wore off....

Overall, love how tough the Bruins are as usual. Makes games interesting, especially blowouts either way. I love me some brawls, knuckle-breathing-dragging ______ (or whatever that phrase is!) that I am.

Jets might not be tough overall, but Stuart was always one of our tougher, more physical players when he was a Bruin. I doubt he's lost that element of his game, at least they have him. Stars do look pretty soft now. So much for these random fight-filled games versus them (especially since that little fool Ott is gone).

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:47 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Keith Aulie
Vinny Lecavalier

Not trying to say the Lightning are the toughest team out there or anything, but I would add those two guys as well (especially "Muhammad" Aulie).
Vinny hasn't fought in two years.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
What I was thinking. No way he gets put on.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
I forgot about Wiz. Definitely a good fighter when he goes but does Bass actually play more than a handful of call up games a season?

I think a reason I consider CBJ so soft is because all their fighting is done by pretty much 2 players, one of which is Dorsett. Hes got heart but he isnt scaring anyone. I think Boll is a solid light heavyweight but he also loses his fair share as well.

I would wager the wings are a tougher team this year then the Jackets (if thats what you mean earlier in your post).

Smith, Tootoo, Ericcson are all definitely tougher than Dorsett. That doesnt count Bertuzzi when he decides to fight. Abdelkader and Dorsett are probably fairly even.

Smith, Ericcson and Tootoo would all also probably give Boll a good scrap. Tootoo has fought him twice to a draw pretty much.
I wouldn't go that far. Detroit will be a little meaner with Smith up full time and Tootoo running around, but I wouldn't quite say we'd be able to outmatch Columbus physically.

Like you said about Dorsett, Abdelkader has heart, but he's not scaring anyone. He did well against Max Lapierre last year, but overall he is not a good fighter at this point. He is still young, though. Also, Abby isn't physical on a regular basis. If he plays on the wing, I'm hoping we'll see him throwing his weight around more often. Dorsett is far more physical. Ericsson shows flashes of a mean streak, but we've yet to see anything significant. Just lacks the killer instinct, I guess. He'll fight a couple times a year, otherwise he is not very physical.

Keep in mind that we're still looking for a bottom pairing defenseman. If we pull in Jim Vandermeer, then I think we could say we're near Columbus in terms of toughness.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. Detroit will be a little meaner with Smith up full time and Tootoo running around, but I wouldn't quite say we'd be able to outmatch Columbus physically.

Like you said about Dorsett, Abdelkader has heart, but he's not scaring anyone. He did well against Max Lapierre last year, but overall he is not a good fighter at this point. He is still young, though. Also, Abby isn't physical on a regular basis. If he plays on the wing, I'm hoping we'll see him throwing his weight around more often. Dorsett is far more physical. Ericsson shows flashes of a mean streak, but we've yet to see anything significant. Just lacks the killer instinct, I guess. He'll fight a couple times a year, otherwise he is not very physical.

Keep in mind that we're still looking for a bottom pairing defenseman. If we pull in Jim Vandermeer, then I think we could say we're near Columbus in terms of toughness.
I think he's point is fairly correct though. On paper the Jackets look like a tough team, but like 40 of the 55 fights (thats seems to be around what we average a season) are done by two players. Yes, Wiz(tbh, He might be the best fighter on the team) but he probably wont fight that often, due to him being on the first d-pair. Jack Johnson...i think he's more of a pseudo tough guy, along the lines of he'll throw, but only if its a guy his size(or Gabriel Landeskog). Tyutin is a punching bag the 2 times a year he does drop em. Basically we're a tough team, but only in the bottom six, and the Jackets tough guys aren't necessarily a deterrent to begin with(especially last year).

Old
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:

Last year no, but he had 6 fights in 19 games. However his resigning seems to be because Richards really likes him (see his fight against philly for reason why), so he'll probably be a 4th line regular with Boll and McKenzie

Old
07-17-2012, 05:38 PM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Missing Winchester and Vandermeer for the Sharks. Don't know why Wingles is there..

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 06:03 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Quote:
What I was thinking. No way he gets put on.
Meh, he is still willing drop the gloves (at least twice this year [vrs NYR and PITT] he's tried to fight) and I was basing it off the second credential in the OP about fighting heavyweights (he has fought Chara twice, for example).

I get leaving him off the list though, just thought I'd mention him.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Buffalo has a bonified heavy weight! I'm looking forward to some hard fought Bruins/Sabres games, a lot of tough customers in that one for sure.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote