HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
05-18-2012, 02:56 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Gill: "I'm the highest paid one!"
Thats amazing

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:36 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Hamrlik has done a remarkable job.
Meanwhile Gill, who apparently was Conn Smythe worthy for us, was utterly useless for the Preds.

I still can't believe how some fans preferred Gill to Hammer. One of the biggest mysteries to me.
Not resigning Hamrlik allowed us to draft 3rd overall. Great move by Gauthier.

In fairness to Gill, was he not playing injured?

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:06 PM
the

Meanwhile our captain decided to extend his vacation in California for one more year. What a low-blow cheap shot Uncle Bob did by letting this man go.

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Meanwhile our captain decided to extend his vacation in California for one more year. What a low-blow cheap shot Uncle Bob did by letting this man go.
It would have been even worse if Desharnais didn't turn out to be gold. In that way they were pretty lucky I guess.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Hugo Sham

i hope someone speaks off the record about some of the ****ing **** gauthier actually did. the idiot to blame in all of this is boivin.
anyway what's done is done

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...169/story.html

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:10 AM
rockjngo

Mike Ribeiro

Anyone seen his Washington Press conf.? What's up with the diamond earrings, gold necklace and thug like attitude? I've seen MR through the years and he's becoming more and more like a teenager. He's still one skinny looking dude. I still hate the guy doesn't matter how many points he puts up. cant get that dive and faking injury images. what an embarrassment.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:24 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Anyone seen his Washington Press conf.? What's up with the diamond earrings, gold necklace and thug like attitude? I've seen MR through the years and he's becoming more and more like a teenager. He's still one skinny looking dude. I still hate the guy doesn't matter how many points he puts up. cant get that dive and faking injury images. what an embarrassment.
Why do you care what he dresses like? Is your life so insignificant that you need to get SO riled up about someone else's press conference to make a thread about it?

He's not a Hab and hasn't been for years. And your complaints are spectacularly ignorant and unbecoming of any sort of civil or intelligible discussion.

"What's up with the diamond earrings, gold necklace and thug like attitude?"
Define thug like attitude. Who gives a damn anyway.

"I've seen MR through the years and he's becoming more and more like a teenager."
No you haven't and no he hasn't. You don't know him, you've never known him and you don't hang out with him.

"He's one skinny looking dude"
You'd prefer the Wellwood look? Who gives a damn anyway.

"I still hate the guy doesn't matter how many points he puts up."
No one cares and that's a seriously foolish opinion to hold.

"cant get that dive and faking injury images"
From seven years ago?! Really?

"what an embarrassment."
Speak for yourself.

Jesus Christ.

He's a premier offensive player and Dallas set themselves far back in trading him and replacing him with Derek Roy. Doesn't matter what he looks or what he does (committed family man btw, 5+ pets, 3 kids) he's a great offensive centreman with fantastic vision and talent. We could use him, any team in the league could use him.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Galchenyuk94

One of my favourite players. I used to chat with him in ile bizard when I used to work in a depanneur there when I was 16. He's a real cool guy, and I find his attitude refreshing.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Habs

HE'S AN EX HAB THEREFORE HE SUCKS AND I HOPE THE FAITHFUL ON HF RALLY AROUND ME!
\

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 01:17 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I actually thought he matured since his days here. I wasn't a fan of his while in montreal, but going to Dallas did him some good. He looks ready to help the capitals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Why do you care what he dresses like? Is your life so insignificant that you need to get SO riled up about someone else's press conference to make a thread about it?

He's not a Hab and hasn't been for years. And your complaints are spectacularly ignorant and unbecoming of any sort of civil or intelligible discussion.

"I've seen MR through the years and he's becoming more and more like a teenager."
No you haven't and no he hasn't. You don't know him, you've never known him and you don't hang out with him.

"what an embarrassment."
Speak for yourself.

Jesus Christ.

He's a premier offensive player and Dallas set themselves far back in trading him and replacing him with Derek Roy. Doesn't matter what he looks or what he does (committed family man btw, 5+ pets, 3 kids) he's a great offensive centreman with fantastic vision and talent. We could use him, any team in the league could use him.
I get defending Ribeiro but what?

Last 6 years(Since leaving MTL):

407 PTS in 461 GP (0.88PPG)

Excellent i'd say...however:

Derek Roy:

362 PTS in (0.84 PPG)

However, Roy is younger and the better two-way player. I don't think it set them back at all. At the worst it's pretty lateral. The got a younger and better two-way player but lost out on a better offensive player.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 07-16-2012 at 01:25 AM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

"what an embarrassment."
Speak for yourself.

Jesus Christ.

You look mad.

Ribeiro is very talented indeed but I still don't like him for the same reasons as the OP. People bashing Koivu for not winning anything, blaming Koivu for kicking Ribeiro out.. Now some people blame Plekanec our last place in the EC, calling him "not a winner", not gritty enough... What about Ribeiro then? What did he do in Dallas? What did he win? Didn't even help his team make the playoffs in the last 4 seasons.

Also, you don't need to go 7 years back to see Ribeiro embarrassing himself with a dive.

Edit: LOL @ he's a committed family man with 5+ pets. ORLY???

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I actually thought he matured since his days here. I wasn't a fan of his while in montreal, but going to Dallas did him some good. He looks ready to help the capitals.

Derek Roy:

362 PTS in (0.84 PPG)

However, Roy is younger and the better two-way player. I don't think it set them back at all. At the worst it's pretty lateral. The got a younger and better two-way player but lost out on a better offensive player.
I think you have to factor in the fact that Roy is more injury prone than Ribs, but it's still a pretty even trade off, and I think a better two way center in Roy would be better for a team like Dallas.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:49 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
You look mad.

Ribeiro is very talented indeed but I still don't like him for the same reasons as the OP. People bashing Koivu for not winning anything, blaming Koivu for kicking Ribeiro out.. Now some people blame Plekanec our last place in the EC, calling him "not a winner", not gritty enough... What about Ribeiro then? What did he do in Dallas? What did he win? Didn't even help his team make the playoffs in the last 4 seasons.

Also, you don't need to go 7 years back to see Ribeiro embarrassing himself with a dive.

Edit: LOL @ he's a committed family man with 5+ pets. ORLY???
"People bashing Koivu for not winning anything,"
No one is saying this. Not anybody who matters anyway.

"blaming Koivu for kicking Ribeiro out"
No one is saying this either. It has nothing to do with Ribeiro regardless, Koivu was captain for 10 years and the team was terrible - he shouldn't be blamed for the terrible economy, or how the Molson Inc ruined the franchise or the terrible management but he was still captain and that's why some might think that he's a bit over-valued due to the distinct losing culture that coincided with Koivu's reign.

"Now some people blame Plekanec our last place in the EC, calling him "not a winner", not gritty enoug"
Top player for the team, of course some people want more out of him. Reasonable people make reasonable arguments, I couldn't care less what some idiot says when he blindly and baselessly bashes Pleks. I suggest you do the same.

"What about Ribeiro then? What did he do in Dallas? What did he win? Didn't even help his team make the playoffs in the last 4 seasons. "
Ribeiro is a top-line player, but just as Koivu can't be blamed for incompetent management so shouldn't Ribeiro.

That dive video is probably the only real indiscretion he's made since leaving the Habs. Crosby's dived more than him in that span. So has Subban. You guys just like to hate on him and hold him to a different standard than others - it's peculiar but nonetheless pathetic. There is no point discussing this or even Ribeiro because he's not a Hab and hasn't played for the Habs in like 5 years.

And it tells a lot of you when you bring up ****** non-arguments and then edit to write "lol @ he's a family man". I've met and kinda know his family and himself and he's not the nicest or coolest or smartest guy (notice how I didn't bring up his personal traits but you two haters who obviously don't have a clue about him did?) - he's just a normal dude with immense talent.

It really irritates me when Habs fans consider themselves so high and mighty but can't even be respectful (much less logical) toward a former hometown player who hasn't said a word about Montreal in years. This thread is exactly that.

I like Lapierre, I like Latendresse, I like Brisebois, I like Ribeiro and I wish we had more homegrown players on the Habs and in the NHL. Habs fans complain about players not wanting to play here and then demonize the ones who came through our ranks from the very beginning. He's one of us, if you don't like him at least don't bash him.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:55 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Derek Roy:

362 PTS in (0.84 PPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I think you have to factor in the fact that Roy is more injury prone than Ribs, but it's still a pretty even trade off, and I think a better two way center in Roy would be better for a team like Dallas.
Like DoingItLeBlancWay said (great name btw), Roy's more injury prone and his spat with Ruff this season really turned me off - you're not a star, you're don't contribute in the playoffs and you're tiny, shut the hell up. Roy also played on a more offensively minded team under a much better coach and in an easier division.

Ribs is much, much better than Derek Roy, who just had surgery AGAIN and is on the shelf till November/December at the earliest. Dallas will come to regret this trade so much.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:01 AM
snakeye

lol Rosso Scuderia don't forget the night Ribeiro almost killed Osgood.

I like Ribeiro; he has good stickhandling, vision and playmaking skills. Oh but he's wearing expensive metal around his neck? Please tell me about how this takes away from his abilities as a player!

U MAD BRO?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:12 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Haha I'm really not in mood for arguing. I just don't care about Ribs or how is he IRL or how many animals he has. I just don't like him for different reasons but I respect that you're defending him, you probably know him way better than I do but from what I saw from him, I really can't like the guy. The only thing I enjoy about Ribs is watching his ridiculous shootout moves.

One thing though, I've heard a lot of reports and fans blaming Koivu for Ribeiro's departure. You cannot deny that.

Edit: forgot to quote WhiskeySeven

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 07-16-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Uwey

Riberio wasn't trade from either team, Montreal or Dallas, because of his lack of talent or because of his lack of size, infact, Mike Riberio has talent oozing out of his pours, more than enough to make up for his size deficienty.

What Mikie Ribs problem has been even throughout his years in the Q is his attitude. If he would pull his head out of his ass, give it a shake & concentrate on being hockey, instead trying to be "the man" all of the time & doing things his way, he would be a very sought after commodity in this league.

I don't believe Adam Oates will put up with his antics for many seasons either.

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:46 AM
FF de Mars

Just watch Ribeiro feed Ovy. I wouldn't even care if he wore a diamond and gold grill at interviews. He has talent. And with talent comes crazyness. Two edged sword scenario style.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Just watch Ribeiro feed Ovy. I wouldn't even care if he wore a diamond and gold grill at interviews. He has talent. And with talent comes crazyness. Two edged sword scenario style.
I'd think Ribeiro would play behind Backstrom as the second line center they've been looking for. It sucks they aren't resigning Semin as it would have been fun to watch them play together..

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:32 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

pretty sure they love those kind of topics on the Caps board

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:06 AM
hockeyjockey

Quote:

"what an embarrassment."
Speak for yourself.

Jesus Christ.

I think you have too much time n your hands....

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:13 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Haha I'm really not in mood for arguing. I just...
Then don't post. Why do you expect people to consider your opinion if you can't even bring yourself to defend them? What makes you so special or privileged that you can spew invalid non-truths and then run away?

If you were Ribeiro's former agent or teammate and were to say "Y'know he's talented but a bit of a jerk" you'd have some credibility at least. But you don't, you're a fan like anyone else but you can't even formulate a single, coherent thought about Ribeiro. You have half-baked opinions and invalid arguments.

And it's not just you, and it's not just Ribeiro - it's an epidemic on the internet.

Any joe-schmoe with a keyboard will just hammer away thoughtlessly, incorrectly, selfishly and expect -demand- attention just for being themselves. That's not how it works: if someone doesn't care to defend their argument then they shouldn't make that argument in the first place. It's all over HFBoards and it's annoying at the very least. It's those brazen psychopaths who call in to sports radio and say things like (verbatim) "Markov should be dumped immediately - I don't care where... Russia! Whatever! He lied to the team and he's sitting on his butt cashing in the checks! It's disgusting!". It's the ADHD-rattled kids on the trade board who instantly dump on any discussion by calling a players worthless "punks" and "divas" - "he's talented but he's a lockeroom cancer". It's the single-minded fools who keep saying "lol yeah but the French media are gonna have a field day with this" - as if every member of the other language's media service suddenly lost all critical thinking capabilities.

Just let the people who can actually think hold discussions and just observe. You'd learn a thing or two in the process and it'd help you form thoughts of your own. Eventually. One day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjockey View Post
I think you have too much time n your hands....
And you too, see above.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:17 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I'd think Ribeiro would play behind Backstrom as the second line center they've been looking for. It sucks they aren't resigning Semin as it would have been fun to watch them play together..
They will balance ther lines. I suspect Ribs will play with Ovy. The best passer with the best scorer.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:42 AM
felixd

I live in Dallas and went to a Stars game in January when Ribeiro was listed as out with a "knee injury". Went to a trendy club later that night and who do I see at the club? Mike himself. Based on how much he was dancing and partying, I'd say his knee looked fine.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I live in Dallas and went to a Stars game in January when Ribeiro was listed as out with a "knee injury". Went to a trendy club later that night and who do I see at the club? Mike himself. Based on how much he was dancing and partying, I'd say his knee looked fine.
Yea, because having a knee injury must mean incapable of moving...
So he was "dancing", who cares.

I don't get the point of this thread. Its sole purpose is to whine about Ribs, who isnt even on our team!

Who cares about his appearance, really. If the guy has a bad sense of style, so be it, really who cares.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote