HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa

Old
07-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Henrik To Daniel

vCash: 500
I'm not even going to bother arguing why Bieksa is a terrible defender (which he is) because clearly people on here are taking their daily dose of Bieksa-kool-aid and don't want to hear any flaws about his game, of which there are many.

I'll see you guys all next year in this same thread when Nucks fans all calling for his head (again) due to his piss poor play (as per usual)

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
I feel you might be a bit hard on kevin, but this year I wont defend him either. The first few months of the season I had no real problem, but the last number of months i felt he was extremely lazy and made very poor choices. He would work hard when he was on offense and had a chance to score, but was very lazy when he had to play D, I almost felt he enjoyed scoring so much lately he found playing D had become boring. I think splitting him from hamhuis somewhat exposed him, edler or whoever he was paired with didnt always cover for him like hamhuis did when he wanted to play offense.

I know some canucks fans wont agree with me either, but I also felt 2010-2011 he was great. And this year while he loved to play offense and score points, he really gave up on his defensive duties at times. Then again the coaching staff i wonder if they ever called him out, kevin seems to be a favorite with the team and staff. I think with the right guidance and motivation kevin can be alot better then what we seen this year. One of the reasons i wanted to see av gone.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:27 PM
lgenord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeger View Post
Genuinely curious what the asking price would be to move Bieksa out of Vancouver
As most others have eluded to already, it will not happen. It is almost impossible to put a value on camaraderie as evident with Bieksa and others on the Canucks which is has t be an integral aspect of any winning team, whether sports or work or not. Being an ultimate team player even with some offensive or defensive flaws, team play and camaraderie more than make up for those fewer flaws. As stated by ithers, a massive over payment will need to be made and believe me that there would be a tremendous amount of interest in Bieksa if made available.

lgenord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:29 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
I'm not even going to bother arguing why Bieksa is a terrible defender (which he is) because clearly people on here are taking their daily dose of Bieksa-kool-aid and don't want to hear any flaws about his game, of which there are many.

I'll see you guys all next year in this same thread when Nucks fans all calling for his head (again) due to his piss poor play (as per usual)
You sound like someone who doesn't watch a game unless your team is playing.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Cogburn

Quote:

We know the guy has flaws, but you refuse to see any good he does either.

Have fun with the bandwagon fans in that annual thread though.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
KISSland

Quote:

Don't know if you're a canucks fan or just doing a really good impression. Bieksa has flaws in his game we get it, but the guy does provide a lot of other qualities that you seem to not care about cause you're ODing on haterade.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
vadim sharifijanov

whoa, it's like it's 2010 up in here.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:06 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
I laugh at the thought of Bieksa taking a "hometown" discount. If anything, he is overpaid.
Based on what? Take a look at recent UFA signings and fill us in.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:

Are you aware that there is a massive difference between "he sucks" and " he has flaws"? [/rhetorical]

Old
07-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Every dman has flaw.

Heck i watched Suter cough up the puck this playoffs while he was being chased while going around the net.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I feel you might be a bit hard on kevin, but this year I wont defend him either. The first few months of the season I had no real problem, but the last number of months i felt he was extremely lazy and made very poor choices. He would work hard when he was on offense and had a chance to score, but was very lazy when he had to play D, I almost felt he enjoyed scoring so much lately he found playing D had become boring. I think splitting him from hamhuis somewhat exposed him, edler or whoever he was paired with didnt always cover for him like hamhuis did when he wanted to play offense.

I know some canucks fans wont agree with me either, but I also felt 2010-2011 he was great. And this year while he loved to play offense and score points, he really gave up on his defensive duties at times. Then again the coaching staff i wonder if they ever called him out, kevin seems to be a favorite with the team and staff. I think with the right guidance and motivation kevin can be alot better then what we seen this year. One of the reasons i wanted to see av gone.
Call him out for what?

Hamhuis doesnt get called out nor do the rest of the dman unless they are completely off there game ala Edler in this years playoffs.

As for laziness we have no idea what the coaching staff is telling the players. However this year it was apparent the coaching staff was doing a lot more experimenting with pairing etc.

He was also playing with an injury to his core.

Ill let the stats speak for thenselves.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:33 AM
asdfman
Weeeee

Quote:

inb4 clutch goal June 2013

asdfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
i think he meant his value... not whether he was available or not...

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:

my dad says this every game... he hates the guy, personality i dont like the canucks and i dont pay enough attention to watch one specific player so i have no input lol

Old
07-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Based on what? Take a look at recent UFA signings and fill us in.
cap is rumoured to go up, salaries go up

Old
07-16-2012, 03:34 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
whoa, it's like it's 2010 up in here.
Haha exactly what I was going to say. Hating on Bieksa is so 2 years ago. We like him now.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:56 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateseed View Post
Comedic Value of Bieksa:

someone explain please

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
I laugh at the thought of Bieksa taking a "hometown" discount. If anything, he is overpaid.
hmm... I've noticed that the guys with really small post counts tend to be trolls... perhaps we should have some kind of limit: new posters are not allowed to post unless they have a minimum 10 posts.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:26 AM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
someone explain please
Verne Fiddler doing a Bieksa smug face impression. Coach Vigneault loses his mind.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:38 AM
JuniorNelson

Bieksa might be included in a package if another GM asked for him. Gillis has said he doesn't like asking people to waive thier NTCs and Bieksa has one. If it was a hockey deal, like LA demanding Bieksa in a Bernier deal, to pair with Mitchell, Gillis would ask him about it as a courtesy, no?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:38 AM
JumpierPegasus
Mhm...

I wouldn't trade Bieksa at this point, because his value is quite low. Late this season he got lazy, and just played badly. (like a lot of the team)

I want to give Bieksa one more season to see if he gets back to 2010-2011 form

JumpierPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:

... And then we'll see you again the year after when he's playing fantastic hockey again.

IMO, Bieksa alternates between being absolutely fantastic, decent, and then absolutely awful. You only seem to be able to see the awful side, whereas some fans are only seeing the positive side.

Until he gets consistent, I don't like this idea that he's an untouchable, though.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:39 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
cap is rumoured to go up, salaries go up
Let's pretend we all have a clue about hockey. Look at signings last year and the previous year of UFAs, now tell me a 45 point dman is overpaid at $4.6M.

It really seems like every time some people talk about a salary then suddenly have no idea what other players are getting. RawR!!! Overpaid!! Too many years!

Old
07-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Bieksa might be included in a package if another GM asked for him. Gillis has said he doesn't like asking people to waive thier NTCs and Bieksa has one. If it was a hockey deal, like LA demanding Bieksa in a Bernier deal, to pair with Mitchell, Gillis would ask him about it as a courtesy, no?
Sigh Why on earth would Vancouver want Bernier?

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote