HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canadiens Blake Geoffrion. 1 year contract / $803 250 (2 way)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2012, 07:54 AM
  #1
The Price is Right
Registered User
 
The Price is Right's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Canadiens Blake Geoffrion. 1 year contract / $803 250 (2 way)

Canadiens Blake Geoffrion. 1 year contract / $803 250 (2 way)

Renaud Lavoie RDS

The Price is Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 07:55 AM
  #2
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Nice, only Subban to go now?

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:00 AM
  #3
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Really like the new regime and how they sign contracts, for once they are for the right price.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:00 AM
  #4
Narbo
Registered User
 
Narbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Great depth signing, but he's going to be hard pressed to make the bottom 6 forwards.

Hamilton should be a powerhouse next season.

Narbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:01 AM
  #5
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Good! now we need to sign more flying frenchmen like him, and restore our glorious franchise back to what it once was!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:06 AM
  #6
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Good! now we need to sign more flying frenchmen like him, and restore our glorious franchise back to what it once was!
I didn't see a , so

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:07 AM
  #7
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Really like the new regime and how they sign contracts, for once they are for the right price.
You're talking about kids with no leverage whatsoever. Our old regime never had a problem making those deals either.

Let's wait to see how much PK will get. Some were disappointed with Price's deal.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:28 AM
  #8
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Really like the new regime and how they sign contracts, for once they are for the right price.
Do you think that under the previous regime, Blake Geoffrion would of gotten more?

This reminds me of all the praise MB got for Lars Eller and Ryan White's contracts, as though they were in a position to get more...

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:36 AM
  #9
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Do you think that under the previous regime, Blake Geoffrion would of gotten more?

This reminds me of all the praise MB got for Lars Eller and Ryan White's contracts, as though they were in a position to get more...

I remember when we signed highly talented Tom Pyatt for the league minimum (500k).

White and Eller could have gotten more money. (15-20%)

White about 0.8M
Eller 1.65M

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:37 AM
  #10
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Good injury call-up for the bottom-6

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:03 AM
  #11
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,558
vCash: 50
Awards:
Not too bad. One year for both Palushaj and Geoffrion to open it up in the AHL and impress upon possible call-ups.

Only Subban left.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:06 AM
  #12
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Only Subban left.
And a new CBA..

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:25 AM
  #13
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
I read the thread title and this song came instantly to my head


RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
  #14
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
It's the right contract, but he's going to have to clear waivers. If it comes to that, I see him getting claimed.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
  #15
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
This guy was great in Hamilton last year. A bit of a tweener...but has some grit and determination. Hopefully he's training hard and will push hard in training camp!

There will most definitely be injuries...so you never know...

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
  #16
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
It's the right contract, but he's going to have to clear waivers. If it comes to that, I see him getting claimed.
he doesn't have to clear waivers unless he plays in 3 NHL games next season.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:18 AM
  #17
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
I remember when we signed highly talented Tom Pyatt for the league minimum (500k).

White and Eller could have gotten more money. (15-20%)

White about 0.8M
Eller 1.65M
Tom Pyatt outscored all but our top six forwards last year (twelve goals would have been nice on our third line), and that is while playing excellent defence, tiring out opponents with his speed, and taking very few penalties. Maybe we would have won more games in which we started out the third period with the lead, had he been on the ice more instead of defensive gems like Cammalleri/Bourque, Desharnais, Gomez and Kostitsyn.

Pyatt was essentially run out of Montreal because he got beat up by a guy wielding an elbow pad, and shame on Gauthier and Martin for allowing that to happen.

The kid played on Team Canada Junior Gold Medal Teams TWICE, which is not something a lot of players can say, and he was selected to do so because he is a very smart player.

The Habs benefitted from his play in the 2010 playoffs, as we did the play of Moore and Lapierre, and then the Goat let them all go for nothing. In fact, we continued to benefit through the 2010-2011 season too, with a FAR BETTER record when he played than when he was sat out and replaced by fourth line crap.


Last edited by BaseballCoach: 07-16-2012 at 10:36 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
  #18
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Tom Pyatt outscored all but our top six forwards last year (twelve goals would have been nice on our third line), and that is while playing excellent defence, tiring out opponents with his speed, and taking very few penalties. Maybe we would have won more games in which we started out the third period with the lead, had he been on the ice more instead of defensive gems like Cammalleri/Bourque, Desharnais, Gomez and Kostitsyn.

Pyatt was essentially run out of Montreal because he got beat up by a guy wielding an elbow pad, and shame on Gauthier and Martin for allowing that to happen.

The kid played on Team Canada Junior Gold Medal Teams TWICE, which is not something a lot of players can say, and he was selected to do so because he is a very smart player.

The Habs benefitted from his play in the 2010 playoffs, as we did the play of Moore and Lapierre, and then the Goat let them all go for nothing. In fact, we continued to benefit through the 2010-2011 season too, with a FAR BETTER record when he played than when he was sat out and replaced by fourth line crap.
I liked Pyatt as well. I hated when he was given top 6 roles by Martin, but loved him in bottom line roles. Pyatt was another one of those players like Diaz who gets underrated by fans because he's not tall and doesn't fight.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
  #19
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
he doesn't have to clear waivers unless he plays in 3 NHL games next season.
So we have no risk to send him to Hamilton to start the season and be ready to reward him if he dominates.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:46 AM
  #20
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
The best for the last; subban.

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:47 AM
  #21
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
So we have no risk to send him to Hamilton to start the season and be ready to reward him if he dominates.
That would be the best situation for everyone.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:49 AM
  #22
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I liked Pyatt as well. I hated when he was given top 6 roles by Martin, but loved him in bottom line roles. Pyatt was another one of those players like Diaz who gets underrated by fans because he's not tall and doesn't fight.
His offence has now improved enough to be an injury-replacement second line winger, but ideally he plays third-line smother and counter-attack.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
  #23
kojiro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
I'm happy to see him get another season to try and prove himself with the habs, I still think that there's a chance (unlikely at this point but still) that he'll be able to become the kind of player he was supposed to. I remember being super impressed by him at the WJC and wishing the habs had drafted him, I really wonder where his passion and physical game has gone, he used to be a real wrecking ball out there. Kind of similar to Patrice Cormier, another guy who looked like a tank at the WJC and who just disappears in the NHL....I guess being bigger than everybody else in the juniors really does change your mentality.

kojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
  #24
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Good! now we need to sign more flying frenchmen like him, and restore our glorious franchise back to what it once was!
Geoffrion is awful. I doubt he makes the team.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:43 AM
  #25
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I liked Pyatt as well. I hated when he was given top 6 roles by Martin, but loved him in bottom line roles. Pyatt was another one of those players like Diaz who gets underrated by fans because he's not tall and doesn't fight.
I was a huge Pyatt fan as most people know. But of course, we gave up on him after a pathetically small amount of time.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.